A tricky Borrowing ?

rantnnravin

No room in the suitcase? U can land a plane in it!
i have an Aug UY.
05-06 points are spent.
Can i borrow Aug 06 points to use in Feb 06 and then borrow Aug 07 points to use in Aug of 06??
DH agreed to give me airfare for Christmas for an unplanned hop during Feb break and I'm trying to figure out how to do it now.
TIA :earsboy:

rantnnravin said:
i have an Aug UY.
05-06 points are spent.
Can i borrow Aug 06 points to use in Feb 06 and then borrow Aug 07 points to use in Aug of 06??

I assume you are asking if you can borrow Aug '07 points in Feb '06? No, you can only borrow when you get into your UY so you can borrow '07 points in Aug '06 but not in Feb.

rantnnravin said:
i have an Aug UY.
05-06 points are spent.

I'll assume that your August,2005 points are all gone. In order to make a reservation for February, 2006 you would need to borrow points from your August, 2006 Use Year and you could do that when MS opens tomorrow. For a reservation in August, 2006 - you can use any points that remain from the August06 Use Year and than can borrow from your August, 2007 Use Year for any additional points nedded. You can also make that reservation tomorrow thru MS since you are within the 11 month priority at your home resort. As long as you will have access to the points at the time of arrival, you will be allowed to make the reservation based on availability and home resort prioriry.

Another consideration would be to rent the reservation from another member or have points transferred into your account.

Good luck- sounds like a nice Christmas gift! :)

WebmasterDoc said:
I'll assume that your August,2005 points are all gone. In order to make a reservation for February, 2006 you would need to borrow points from your August, 2006 Use Year and you could do that when MS opens tomorrow. For a reservation in August, 2006 - you can use any points that remain from the August06 Use Year and than can borrow from your August, 2007 Use Year for any additional points nedded. You can also make that reservation tomorrow thru MS since you are within the 11 month priority at your home resort. As long as you will have access to the points at the time of arrival, you will be allowed to make the reservation based on availability and home resort prioriry.

Another consideration would be to rent the reservation from another member or have points transferred into your account.

Good luck- sounds like a nice Christmas gift! :)

Yes, all of our Aug 05 points are gone.
I was considering a transfer, but wanted to know waht all of my options were before making the decision. We would need to borrow just about all of our Aug 06 points for the trip in February (148 to be exact) and have a big 10th Anniversary celebration trip planned for Aug 06. (Staying at Contemporary 4 nights --cash or points and *hopefully* BCV for another 5)
I just wasn't sure if they'd allowed two borrowed transactions in a row like that.
thanks for the quick responses.
If anyone has any additional thoughts, keep 'em coming. i'd love to see all perspectives.

4greatboys said:
I assume you are asking if you can borrow Aug '07 points in Feb '06? No, you can only borrow when you get into your UY so you can borrow '07 points in Aug '06 but not in Feb.

This is not correct. Which points you can borrow has nothing to do with when you make the reservation, it is all dependent on when the date of stay is. Your August 2006 stay will be in your 2006 use year, so you can borrow 2007 points if needed when you want to make the reservation. You do not have to wait until August, you could do it now for your home resort. Points don't "drop" into your account when you use year starts, they are already there as needed.

i was a little concerned because i thought i remembered our guide saying that if you borrow too much, they make you by more points...

rantnnravin said:
i was a little concerned because i thought i remembered our guide saying that if you borrow too much, they make you by more points...

I think you misunderstood. If you borrow too much, you may "want" to buy more points, they don't "make" you buy more points. Running out of points will start you thinking about buying more points, but it is not forced on you.

DebbieB said:
This is not correct. Which points you can borrow has nothing to do with when you make the reservation, it is all dependent on when the date of stay is. Your August 2006 stay will be in your 2006 use year, so you can borrow 2007 points if needed when you want to make the reservation. You do not have to wait until August, you could do it now for your home resort. Points don't "drop" into your account when you use year starts, they are already there as needed.

I know the points go by when your ressie is, not when you make the reservation. But what I read in this:

rantnnravin said:
i have an Aug UY.
05-06 points are spent.

was that 05 and 06 points were gone and they wanted to make a ressie in Feb 06. But rereading I see it was only the '05 points gone.

rantnnravin said:

This is what is known as "Addonitis"!

They don't make you but it sure gives the urge to buy more! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

janet

"i was a little concerned because i thought i remembered our guide saying that if you borrow too much, they make you by more points..."

I can't wait to tell my DH that Disney "made" me buy more points! I knew it wasn't my fault! :cool1:

WebmasterDoc said:
....As long as you will have access to the points at the time of arrival, you will be allowed to make the reservation based on availability and home resort prioriry....

Couldn't have said it better myself:)

Have fun!:)

:sunny:

Mic said:
"i was a little concerned because i thought i remembered our guide saying that if you borrow too much, they make you by more points..."

I can't wait to tell my DH that Disney "made" me buy more points! I knew it wasn't my fault! :cool1:

a sure case of "hearing what you want to hear" huh? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter