A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

Thank You!! Thank you!! I just got two rooms, non-smoking with view and two beds for $1.18 each room!! Holy ^%$&!!! I think that's the cheapest rate ever!! (aside from the 93 cents other people got...LOL!!!)

I just booked 9 nights in November for $.98 a night! I am a little concerned about it, but who can pass up that price.

We will be confirming with Holiday Inn before next month which is when we were/are planning on booking our onsite stay.

(Extra Evening Hour), correct? It's only for onsite resort guests, right?

For the price of the room, add more days to your trip & skip the Extra Hours!

I am the biggest advocate for staying onsite, but I cannot pass this rate up!

Do you think it will work??? I'm freaking out about this!

The rates are still showing up for as late as Oct 17- 22....tempting...tempting...tempting :rolleyes: Man, if I knew for sure they would honor this...hubby would probably say :sad2: . Maybe if I did a little of this :love2: he might cave. Hmmm. I think I need to make a few calls. ;) Thanks for the heads -up!

Oh, one more thing- is this a new hotel and if not, has anyone stayed here and what is it like. We recently stayed in a HIE and was a little turned off by it, but for these rates, one really couldn't complain tooo much, kwim?

As I said...I think if you have paid at the advertised rate and received your confirmation, it would be very tough for them to try to charge you again or refuse your reservation. However, the strange thing is, the rate is still on the website for certain dates..unfortunately for me, does not work for the dates I need in August or I would be all over it.... What I think happened is that they put the ole decimal in the wrong place..probably should have been $93 and $119...I bet someone is going to get chewed out for this... :rolleyes:

Just booked this hotel for 4 nights in October and got a rate of $1.13 per night for a King View Non-smoking. The hotel is located @1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd. I just hope they honor this rate. Thanks to whoever discovered this hidden gem.

Dan

I have just managed to get three nights at $1.13 per night. I am a little concerned as I have got an AP reservation at Pop to cover these dates. I need to knock three days off my Pop reservation but don't want to do this until I'm sure I can get the great rate at the Holiday Inn. I have e-mailed them to clarify that the rate will be honoured but I have not received a reply. Has anybody had this rate guaranteed?
I've stayed at this hotel when it was a Courtyard, we liked it.
Thanks to the OP :cool1:
Tracy :flower:

disneyfan551 said:

Is there even the slightest doubt it's not a pricing mistake? The more people who book it the greater the probability that the rate won't be honored. If the number of bookings isn't off the wall you might be offered a small discount off the real rates. There is a big difference between bait and switch and a pricing mistake.

Techbargains used to post a lot of obvious pricing mistakes. Most of the companies stopped giving anything.

disneyfan551 said:

Is there even the slightest doubt it's not a pricing mistake? The more people who book it the greater the probability that the rate won't be honored. If the number of bookings isn't off the wall you might be offered a small discount off the real rates. There is a big difference between bait and switch and a pricing mistake.

Techbargains used to post a lot of obvious pricing mistakes. Most of the companies stopped giving anything and when the post those kinds of "deals" its more of a joke.

Becareful about this rate though...

Rate Description: Cancellation penalty plus applicable taxes will be charged to your credit card if reservation is cancelled.

Modify or Cancel Policy: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Monday, 9 January, 2006 (my dates, yours will be different) will result in a charge of 25.00 USD per room to your credit card.

I'm sorry but this is just like cheating at school.
What type of people are we talking about that take advantage of OBVIOUS mistakes like this? The type that will keep the incorrect change but yell loudly if a mistake if made to them?
Of course it is an error. Lets not get the person fired who made the mistake. That person can be a mom or dad just like us supporting a family.

I have 2 things to say. You get what you pay for and what goes around comes around.

This is wrong! If I saw it I would have called and pointed it out so they could fix their mistake. Maybe I am the only one that wants to do the right thing!

Don't worry about the cancellation fee - if you cancel it, you pay it. If you don't cancel but don't show up, you get charged the first night's rate.

This is like cheating.

Of course it is a typo. This kind of behavior bothers me. Do people who want to do this keep the wrong change when its given to them and yell loudly when the store makes a mistake not in their favor?

All I can say you get what you pay for and what goes around comes around.

If it were me I would notify the hotel of their error so they can fix it and not try to get something for nothing. Think about it a PERSON made a mistake and could also be a mom or dad supporting their family. Do you want someone to lose their job over this at your insistance to get your dollar rate?

I would expect that posters on this board would want to do the right thing. What type of example are you to your children?

swincha said:
I'm sorry but this is just like cheating at school.
What type of people are we talking about that take advantage of OBVIOUS mistakes like this? The type that will keep the incorrect change but yell loudly if a mistake if made to them?
Of course it is an error. Lets not get the person fired who made the mistake. That person can be a mom or dad just like us supporting a family.

I have 2 things to say. You get what you pay for and what goes around comes around.

This is wrong! If I saw it I would have called and pointed it out so they could fix their mistake. Maybe I am the only one that wants to do the right thing!

Several people have called to confirm the rate. No one seems to be getting a straight answer. But you would think with the amount of people calling, someone would be smart enough to check the website by now!

Didn't this happen with an airline not to long ago to? I believe the airline honored the rates.

I just called the Hotel Directly...The reservation desk was closed because they are CLOSED repairing the damage from the Hurricanes last year.

The lady I spoke to said their grand-re opening is this summer..She knew nothing about the rates as she does not work for reservations but indicated that it may be a marketing ploy to get customers back...

If they don't want to honour it...they won't...I don't think they will get fired over it.

just my 2 cents.

I guess there are several ways to look at it...The hotel industry in Orlando is not exactly hurting and have been willing to gouge families for years with high rates for substandard hotel rooms...

I agree that the poor guy whose responsible for this shouldn't be fired....and they may not even honor the rates, who knows?

But, I am not going to start a crying thread about how us rich and spoiled family members are taking advantage of poor billionaire hotel chains...

As long as they continue to advertise and honor the rate, especially once it has been pointed out, it is their own fault...

I just called the worldwide reservation number after booking online for the $1.13 price in September and I talked to a very nice lady who looked up my confirmation and said "oh no, I will call them right now" she is calling the hotel directly to see it someone put in the rates wrong. She also said to print out the confirmation and that LEGALLY she thinks they have to honor the amount on the confirmation.

Interesting .................................

Will see what happens later in the day but for now I'm keeping my reservation just in case.

Every date i put in comes up with the error 'There are no rooms available for the requested rate that meet your travel requirements. '

It is really annoying because i'v been checking the site every day for the past few weeks. I was told by the reservaation manager of the hotel that there would be some opening specials, so if this is it i may have missed it.

I would phone, but can't at the moment! ahh this is annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter