AA changes our flights. Need to vent!

Gottalovedisney

<font color=6699FF>Looking to obtain world peace t
We booked non-stop round trip from BOS to MCO, 11/2 - 11/10. I got what I considered a good rate, $205 RT. I'm not a good flyer and really prefer to fly non-stop, once up and down a day is about all I can take:D Of course the tickets are non-refundable and now American has gone and canceled ALL their direct flights, even in surrounding airports (BDL, PVD) for our dates. I've now got to layover in Miami and then go on to Orlando. I realize when you book so far in advance you run the risk of schedule changes. I just can't believe I don't have ANY options for a direct flight. It REALLY makes me nuts :mad: Thanks for letting me vent!
Tracy

Your trip is still a bit away so lets hope that AA gets the direct flight back for you.
If it makes you feel better AA hasn't had direct flights from BDL in a long time, for our next trip we connect in Chicago on the way down and Miami on the way back. However, I enjoy flying so it's not so bad. :rolleyes:
At least you got a good price on your tickets.
Good luck

ckj,
thanks for the encouraging words! My kids (who love to fly!) keep telling me to let it go, "Be happy we can go, Mom!" It can be SO humbling when your teenagers speak wisdom. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they bring back the flight:)
By the way, I LOVE your picture:p
Thanks again!

I think this is just the first of a number of flight changes we are going to see in the coming days on many of the carriers. The airlines are bleeding red ink at this time and they are cutting back on their schedules (and grounding planes) as opposed to dropping fares to fill planes. I had a feeling that this would happen after the war started. I know a lot of people were counting on massive airfare sales, but I haven't seen it yet.. As ckj mentioned, you are still a ways away from your date and if business picks up they may reintroduce flights.. Connections are never fun, but we may be seeing more of this rather than less in the coming days unless you are by a big hub airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter