AAA Annual Pass Question

laurenk

DIS Veteran
Can you get the $99 AAA Annual Pass deal in Virginia, or just Florida? I am a member of AAA, and have one located very close to us. Thanks!!

I believe the $99 AP from AAA deal was over 01/31/02. I live in NC and was not able to buy one here. They were only available at AAA South branches. I bought mine there in FL. In case I am wrong, you can just call your local AAA office, they should be able to help you. Good luck, it is a great deal.

I was looking at the AAA website and it looks like the deal was extended through 2/8/02. I bought mine thursday and redeemed in the evening to avoid the parking charge.

They did extend it and you have to go to the parks by Feb 28th to get your pass w/ picture on it. I was there yesterday and got mine! Had a good time. The crowds were not too bad andthe weather was nice.

I have posted this a few times in the hope that it may help someone.

AAA told me that the AP would "self-activate" if we did not activate it by 2/28. US said that they extended the activation to when you first use the pass, no matter when. I sure do hope this is correct!

is this good only in florida? i cannot find anything on the texas
site.

thanks

I don't honsestly know what states AAA South consists of...but those are just the offices offering the special...any AAA member can go to a AAA south office and get the deal.

Karen

Your $99 AAA pass from AAA South will not self activate...you must visit Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure before 2/28 to get your permanent pass/picture...or you are out of luck.

I am sure you could beg...but no promises are made...as this is an excellent deal and you have to play by the rules.

I am glad to hear it is extended...now I know what the kids are getting for Valentines day...just in time for Mardi Gras!

Actually, webray, I am playing by the rules. I specifically asked prior to the purchase of the AP for my husband if it had to be activated before 2/28. AAA stated that no, in fact, if you did not activate it, it would do it itself. I tried to confirmed this information with Universal when I activated my AP, and was told that my husband could come at any time to activate it, that there was no expiration date on the activation. The Universal person signed the pass, dated it and had me write my husband's name on it.

I agree that this is a great deal, but be assured, I checked it out thoroughly before I bought my husband's AP. If there had been any doubt, I would not have bought it. Now, lets see if they honor their promise in April when we return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter