AAA Discount Card..where do you pick it up?

cancun1991

Earning My Ears
I was reading that you can get 10% discount on food and merchandise in various locations in the parks if you show your AAA membership card and the AAA discount and reward voucher.

Where do you pick up the voucher?

I bought my vacation package through AAA.

Thanks!!

I'm curious too. I read about "see your local office". I went to my local office here in san Diego and they said they had nothing for Orlando, only Hollywood. But we are going to orlando next month, any savings helps.

Initially you could get discounts with your AAA card alone at all the restaurants and shops at CityWalk, IOA and Universal. Then the policy changed a couple of years ago.

After the policy change you could no longer get discounts in the Wizarding World. You could get discounts at restaurants in the other areas of the parks and CityWalk by just showing your AAA card, but you needed that printed voucher to get the discounts on merchandise along with showing your AAA card at the shops.

Your local AAA office should be able to print you one. They should have included it in your ticket package unless they have another arrangement with Universal.

You can take your paper tickets from AAA to guest services and exchange them for the small ticket cards to put in your lanyard. So much easier to deal with.

What I did a few years ago to get the most bang for my buck is I looked around for all the gifts I wanted to purchase then purchased them at the big Islands of Adventure Trading store just inside IOA or the Universal store at CityWalk.

You had to spend $50.00 to get 10% off with the AAA CARD and voucher, then once you got to $75.00 you saved 15%.

Last edited:
Great,thanks! I don't see a voucher in the package I received in the mail from AAA so I will go to guest services when I get to the hotel.

Great,thanks! I don't see a voucher in the package I received in the mail from AAA so I will go to guest services when I get to the hotel.

I would be pressuring AAA instead. I don't think Guest Services is going to be able to get you a AAA voucher.

Do you have to have bought your package through AAA to get the discount voucher or can you get one just being a AAA member?

Just talked to the AAA travel agent. She said:

Universal’s documents are electronic documents . You print them at the “ kiosk” and get the voucher too at that time.

not sure if you have to buy package through AAA to get voucher but the voucher gets printed at the same time as the tickets

I'm curious too. I read about "see your local office". I went to my local office here in san Diego and they said they had nothing for Orlando, only Hollywood. But we are going to orlando next month, any savings helps.

You have to have purchased your tickets from them to be eligible for the voucher. The voucher will help with purchases at the shops.

Do you have to have bought your package through AAA to get the discount voucher or can you get one just being a AAA member?

Chuckers a couple of years ago when I did the AAA Discounts with my card you just had to show your AAA card at the restaurants for the discounts 10%. They wanted to see the voucher and your AAA card for the merchandise discounts at the stores.

When you go to the Kiosk to get your "tickets" etc, you'll get a whole ream of paper stuff to carry around.......All of my previous universal trips also included the refillable mug - another kiosk coupon.....

Last time I booked through AAA and the voucher printed out at the ticket kiosk with all the other documents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter