AAA Questions

Disneybotz

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. Which discount is better, AAA or the ones everyone is waiting for on mousesavers.com. I just called and found out I can still get the AAA rate on my already existing reservation at POR. My original rate 180.00 a night, with AAA it will be $154.00 a night. Its a $ 208.00 a week diffrence, minus the $50.00 AAA fee it equals $158.00. I honestly fee that AAA is my best bet considering we are going to rent a car to drive to Disney from NY.

I was also wondering if I become a AAA member will my family be able to use my membership for discounts?

:scratchin :upsidedow

The person in who's name the AAA is in, has to be there in order to get the discounts. So while you can purchase discounted items for them, you can't give them your card to purchase for themselves.
Have you also checked into AP rates? Since you have to buy a ticket anyway for one of you, check those rates too. Our AP rate was $109.00 plus taxes ($121.52 a night) in May (I switched to a code so no longer am AP). So see if the difference makes sense for one of you to have an AP, and if an AP rate is available to you.

Disneybotz said:
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. Which discount is better, AAA or the ones everyone is waiting for on mousesavers.com. I just called and found out I can still get the AAA rate on my already existing reservation at POR. My original rate 180.00 a night, with AAA it will be $154.00 a night. Its a $ 208.00 a week diffrence, minus the $50.00 AAA fee it equals $158.00. I honestly fee that AAA is my best bet considering we are going to rent a car to drive to Disney from NY.

I was also wondering if I become a AAA member will my family be able to use my membership for discounts?

:scratchin :upsidedow

By joining AAA, you will get valuable service available to you should something happen on the drive, like running out of gas, a flat tire, or needing a tow. That alone is worth the $50. Even better, that $50 will cover you for the whole year. Even if you never use it, it is NOT money wasted, it is peace of mind. Your AAA card entitles you (and your spouse if the they get a card, as well) in any vehicle in which you are driving or even a passenger, such as the vehicle you are renting to make the drive. You are entitled to discounts when you show your card at various stores and restaurants. The discount on the room at WDW is dependent upon you presenting a valid AA card upon check-in. It's a good deal. It might not be as big a discount as an AP rate, but the AP passes are more than $50 higher than a pass for the time you are there, and there are only so many AP codes available per room/resort.

I think you made a great choice! Have a great trip!

::yes::

but the AP passes are more than $50 higher than a pass for the time you are there,
Oh, definately, but the room discount, if available would prob be greater, making up that diffeence. I was just suggesting, since she asked, if she had crunched all the numbers. Of course an AP room would have to be available (or an AAA room) for this to work.

As a AAA holder, I agree that it's a worthwhile card to hold. I thought the OP was just looking for the less expensive way to get a room. I know when we rent a car I was under the assumption that we could call the rental company if we have a problem, and for us, AAA hasn't always been available on some of the major highways, so while AAA would reimburse a bit, it isn't always 100% covered, where the rental company people are. We use our AAA here at home, though so we still get our money's worth. I never thought to ask the OP if she has a car at home she might need the AAA for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter