Aaaaack!!!

KaraKW

<font color=blue>Baby Bird Correspondent<br><font
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO overwhelmed!! My DH and I are trying to figure out how to use the remainder of our 2001 points! Three hours of working various vacation scenarios, and I'm exhausted! We're still no closer to deciding -- just coming up with even MORE ideas! I have a hunch I'll be dreaming about the DVC Point Calculator tonight!!! ;)

Actually, I guess there could be worse problems, right? Take some time to enjoy your 4th of July! Hope it's a good one!!!:wave:

I spend hours working with our points too. My DH has absolutely no idea how time-consuming it is--but fun too. I just want to be sure I don't lose any points and use them all in the most efficient way possible. I'm always afraid I'm going to miss my banking dates. I even mark my calendar in May and November reminding me to bank if necessary. We joined in 1993, and so far I've only lost 1 point. I'm very proud of that--it was near the beginning of our membership--I don't plan on losing anymore. :-) Good Luck, KaraKW!!!!

Wow! PKK/MJK, only 1 point! That's really impressive! It gives me something to aspire to -- as I'm a DVC "newbie" -- MY DH and I joined in 2000!

--Kara

I love to do all the planning ideas too! It is a good way to spend the long winters here in Minnesota! I am proud to say I have never lost a point, but I often wish I had more than 380!;)

I had some fun working out scenarios yesterday for our 2002 trip! The only constant is the 3 day cruise. Other than that, since we own at 2 places, we have to figure out if we will do:
1) our 4 day park stay in a VWL 2 BR, a VWL 1BR, a BWV 2 BR, or a BWV 1 BR
2) whether we pay with 2 kids with cash or 3 kids with cash.
All this determines how many points we will have left in 2003 and whether we can stay 5,6 or 7 nights that year!
Wow!
Robin M.

Kara
I know how time consuming, exhausting, and overwhelming it can be!!

I'm willing to help. Just transfer all of you unused points into our account and you won't have to worry about it any more!!! ;)

ohiominnie :p

What I do is bank unused points and make next years stay longer or get a larger Villa (studio this year 1 or 2 bedroom next year). Problem solved, for me at least.

I wish that I had your problem. I seem to always be borrowing next year's points. I have a chart floating around that has our vacations roughly planned out until sometime around 2015! We figured out a pattern so that we could take a 7-day cruise every 3rd year. Of course our children are growing up way too fast and plans may have to change, but that will be fun to figure out too.

Isn't it great to know you have SOOOOO many possibilities????? Most families don't have the luxury of planning a vacation at all, let alone once a year or more. DVC is the way to go! Enjoy!

So true Boo!! I'll have to remember that as I start to feel sorry for us that we only have 150 points...and we haven't even closed on THEM yet! Yikes I feel an add on coming!!!
Kathy and her boys
:earsboy::earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Towncrier--

I seem to do a lot of borrowing too!! At least that way I don't have to worry as much about banking!!! Just keep borrowing ahead. I too have charts several years ahead--glad I;m not the only one who plans waaaay in advance. Looking forward to meeting you very soon!! We leave NJ on the 13th!!

Hi Karakw! I love the problems of planning the next DVC vacation! ;) I almost think that planning the trip is as much fun as taking it. The anticipation and excitement can't be beat! YEAH!! :D

I guess you're right! If this is the worst of my problems, I shouldn't be complaining! ;) (I just felt like I was about to go cross-eyed after three-hours of trip-scenarios!!) :earseek:

We've decided how we're going to use our remaining points...now it's just a matter of actually making the ressies! :)

Have a super 4th of July, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

--Kara :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter