Abandoned attractions at Disneyland Magic Kingdom

old lady

DIS Veteran
Shouldn’t Disney used these abandoned attractions or areas to make newer attractions instead of replacing/ remodeling the current used ones?

Abandoned attractions? Like what? Genuinely asking btw, I didn't realize there were any.

Abandoned attractions? Like what? Genuinely asking btw, I didn't realize there were any.

The ones that I think of are Tomorrowland
  1. The people mover track / bridge down the middle between Star Tours and Buzz
  2. The Tomorrowland Theatre which used to have Captain EO, then Honey I Shrunk The Audience, then Captain Eo again but is now empty since Captain EO closed
  3. The building which had Carousel of Progress then America Sings then Innoventions then Star Wars Launch Bay which is empty again.

Peoplemover would require Autopia and the Monorail to have to shut down in order to work on those again. If you demo'ed and started over, Tomorrowland has to shut down.

Wasn't the Tomorrowland Theater used for Jedi training up till the pandemic?

They use Launch Bay for ticketed events, I thought. I remember seeing Halloween and Christmas party check-ins there.

That said, I wish they would remove Launch Bay and put in something new. The footprint isn't big enough for anything substantial though.

The ones that I think of are Tomorrowland
  1. The people mover track / bridge down the middle between Star Tours and Buzz
  2. The Tomorrowland Theatre which used to have Captain EO, then Honey I Shrunk The Audience, then Captain Eo again but is now empty since Captain EO closed
  3. The building which had Carousel of Progress then America Sings then Innoventions then Star Wars Launch Bay which is empty again.
Honestly expecting to see meet and greets there again in the near future. I do agree with the Theater one tho, needs a new show or something. Hopefully not another store thought haha

I'm going to assume Disneyland, because "Disneyland Magic Kingdom" doesn't make sense.

This might be a rumor, but I read somewhere the PeopleMover supports are an integral part of the buildings around it, so they can't just tear it down. They would have done this as part of Project Stardust.

But really, they just need to bulldoze all of Tomorrowland (except Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Buzz) and start over. It's a sad sad land that reeks of futuristic gasoline fumes whose unused buildings remind me of an old abandoned mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter