ABC in 4th place again??

CathyCanada

<font color=teal>The <b>Fluffy</b> Former Webmaste
I think some major changes are needed and soon!!

NEW YORK (AP) -- The dog days of summer have turned ABC into a fourth-place network. And without its news division, the picture would be even bleaker. Buoyed by the hit reality show, "American Idol," Fox jumped past ABC into third place among viewers last week, according to Nielsen Media Research. It was the fifth time in six weeks Fox beat ABC. The three most-watched prime-time programs on ABC were all produced by the network's news division. The newsmagazines "Primetime Thursday" and "20/20" both hit Nielsen's top 10. The news-based reality series, "State V.," which follows criminal cases in Arizona, was next, tied for 40th. An ABC entertainment series — a rerun of "My Wife and Kids" — doesn't appear on Nielsen's list until No. 49. For the week, CBS averaged 7.83 million viewers (5.5 rating, 10 share) to edge NBC's 7.8 million (5.3, 10). Fox aver-aged 6.7 million (4.1, 8), ABC averaged 6.1 million (also 4.1, 8), UPN had 2.8 million (1.8, 3), the WB had 2.3 million (1.6, 3) and Pax TV had 1.1 million (0.8, 1). ABC's "World News Tonight" won the evening news ratings race with 9.1 million viewers (6.5 rating, 14 share), NBC's "Nightly News" had 8.9 million (6.4, 14) and the "CBS Evening News" had 7.7 million (5.5, 12).

They best do something soon...interesting stuff...

I think ABC rested too much on their laurels and relied too much on shows like WWTBAM... thankfully that was pulled recently.

Wellllll.....if they played the Mole every night they would be in first place!!!!;)

yeah they need to do something

I've never seen the Mole..but it's about to end so I don't wanna watch it now

WDWfanatic288- How can your life be complete without watching the Mole? Are you on any type of medication? ;) I do hope that you give this Oscar (yes I said Oscar :teeth: ) quality show a try next season. You have already missed so much...........................it may be too late for you. Send your younger brother by, maybe at least we can save him!

I've never seen the Mole either but must admit I do really like American Idol. I get confused on what comes on what channel, except wrestling of course I know what time and where that comes on.....but I do like watching Fox shows a lot.

Very interesting. I don't watch much television since I found the DIS, though :teeth:

ABC about half of my favorites, but I don't like the ABC shows as much as the NBC ones. My favorites are ER and Friends (both NBC), the Practice and Philly (both ABC).

I don't watch ABC anymore now that Once and Again is gone. :(

I watch ABC all the time....guess the shows I watch aren't counted....:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter