ABC Swap - COMPLETE

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
Signups are officially closed. Please double check your groups and let the fun begin!
Those who are in the Disney group will make 10 sets of each letter.
Those who are in the Everyday group will make 8 sets of each letter.

6/1 ~PLEASE note: Due to some family issues that has come about tyniknate has asked that mommy2mrb take over this swap as well as the Character Swap. M2MRB will be posting a note later today with information and Pm'ing a new mailing address. Please hold off mailing until you hear from Lisa. Those who have already mailed your packages will be forwarded to Lisa so no worries... Danielle, let us know if you need us! :hug:

Signups will be on May 20th at 9 AM EST. Due date will be July 25th - with mailing no later than July 22nd. I will be going through the lists below and picking topics for each letter because I don't want there to be repeats of topics. If there is a specific topic you would like me to keep, please let me know asap.
Depending on the number of swappers we have, you may be asked to sign up for two or three letters. The number of sets you make will be determined at the close of signups. If we have 13 swappers, you will have two letters and make 13 sets, if we can only manage 9 swappers I will ask that you choose 3 letters and make 9 sets of each. Because this set only works if everyone follows through on the swap, I will only be accepting signups from those who I have swapped with before (in any swap I have been a member of, not just the one I hostessed). Sorry - no first timers in this swap.

This swap will be for ABC Page Kits which include: Title, 1 Photo Mat, 1 Journal Box, & 1 Element

Due date is by July 25th. This may be mailed together with the Character Swap if you are participating in that swap. I will mail both groups back in the same package if you are in both swaps, please make sure you allow for enough postage if you are in both swaps.

Check-in Dates:

Sign-ups: May 20th - 26th
Verify groups & PM Info: May 30th
Check in: June 20th last call for angels
Check in: July 11th with mailing status
Mail by: July 22nd

If you miss a check-in, I will PM/email you. If I do not hear from you 48 hours after that, your spots will be angeled. If you are going away over a check-in date, please let me know.

For the June 20th check-in, please be specific with your progress, and list the groups you still need to finish. I want to have a good sense that you will be able to finish your groups on time, or if we are going to need angels. If, at any time you are unable to complete this swap please just contact me. We are a very understanding group and are happy to help when others need it. It does, however, make me grumpy when those who have signed up do not complete a swap and do not have the common courtesy to let us know.

PACKAGING: Place your completed elements in a ziploc bag with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper as it makes it harder for me to sort. Your label should look like this:

Group A
Tyniknate
Danielle Seidel

Take all of your baggies and place them in a GALLON size or larger bag. The items you made may fit into something smaller, but what you receive in return may not.

MAILING: You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after July 22nd. Then, you must mail priority with delivery confirmation. I will be returning via online postage so please just make sure you have sent me a PM with your address. Online postage allows for delivery confirmation with all of the packages, without the extra cost of delivery confirmation. So please just see the rates below and make sure you are picking the return size appropriate for the amount of groups you are in. Also, if you are in the Character swap - you may mail them to me in the same box. Please consider using the large size for return if you are in both swaps. If I only need the medium size - I will return the extra money to you. Better to be safe than sorry. Medium box: Large box:

Please note:
* Each item must be embellished a minimum of two different ways. Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, flowers, stickles, ribbons, fibers, stickers, ink, chalk, sewing, embossing, or special paper.
* NO handwritten lettering on any items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, stickers or stamps.

REQUIRED:
TITLE - 1 per person. Can be normal 8X2 topper, individual letters with shadow at least 1 1/4" tall, letter on shapes. If you have another idea - please ask. Be sure to embellish two ways. If you make a title, it does not have to be the character's name. It can be a phrase or word what relates to that character: for tigger you could use BOUNCY; for Mickey you could use BIG CHEESE.
1 JOURNAL BOX - total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3X3, embellished 2 ways
1 PHOTOMAT - for a 4X6 photo, 2 layers with smallest layer being 4 1/4 X 6 1/4", embellished 2 ways

CHOOSE 1 FOR EXTRA ELEMENT:
PAPER PIECING - Not a single layer diecut - minimum 4"
2 TAGS - 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished 2 ways
1 FILE FOLDER - embellished 2 ways
2 SLIDE MOUNTS - embellished 2 ways
3 ALTERED PAPER CLIPS - Large Clips, embellished 2 ways
1 SHAKER BOX - embellished 2 ways
1 LIBRARY POCKET & TAG: Tag 2X3, must be 2 layers with something in the hole; Pocket must be embellished
1 LICENSE PLATE - embellished 2 ways
4 SHAPES - No smaller than 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 (squares, circles, flowers, stars) 2 layers, embellished 2 ways
1 QUOTE/LYRIC - 3 layers minimum size 3X3, embellished 2 ways

You can mix and match: 1 tag & 1 box; 1 photomat & 1 Box; 1 tag & 2 shapes, etc.

SWAPPERS' STATUS & THEIR GROUPS
Sign-ups: May 20th - 26th
Verify groups & PM Info: May 30th
Check in: June 20th last call for angels
Check in: July 11th with mailing status
Mail by: July 22nd
Received by Me
Back to You
You received

SWAPPERS:

JJ&JHsmom: Disney A; Disney N; Disney Q; EDay C; EDay E; EDay Q; EDay R

McEver4: Disney C; Disney S; Disney X

PrincessJayne: Disney D; Disney R; Disney U

WDWMickey: Disney B; Disney E; Disney T; Disney PICK3A; EDay A; EDay D; EDay M; EDay N; EDay P

AWM: Disney F; Disney V (AWM); Disney Title **Being donated by BigSis1970**

LM3K: Disney G; Disney O; Disney Y; Disney CLOSE; EDay B; EDay G; EDay L

MusicalDisneyDreams: Disney H; Disney M; Disney W; Disney Z

ChiefDragon: Disney I; Disney J; Disney PICK3B; EDay I; EDay K; EDay L

My2Ms0205: Disney K; Disney L; Disney P; EDay F; EDay T; EDay U Delivered per DC

Mommy2MrB: EdayH; EDay O; EDay V; EDay W; Eday Z

MazdaUK: EDay S; EDay X; EDay Y

DISNEY - MAKE 10 SETS
TITLE - TITLE PAGE SET - Bigsis1970
A - Are we there yet - JJ&JHsmom
B - Bunch of Characters - wdwmickey
C - Celebrate Every Day - Mcever4
D - Dreams Come True - Princess Jayne
E - Enchanted - WDWMickey
F - Fun - One World - AWM
G - Goofin Around - LM3K
H - Happiest Place on Earth - MusicalDisneyDreams
I - Its A Small World After All - Chief Dragon
J - Just Ducky (pics of Donald/Daisy) - Chief Dragon
K- Kids at Heart - My2ms0205
L- Let the Memories Begin - My2ms0205
M- Mad Hatter - MDD
N- Never Again! (for pics of rides/things we will never do again) - JJ&JHsmom
O- Ohana Means Family; Only at Disney - LM3K
P - Poncho Weather - My2ms0205
Q- Quick Bite - JJ&JHsmom
R- Rumbly Tumbly - Princess Jayne
S- Say Cheese - McEver4
T- Triple Mountain Whammy - WDWMickey
U- Unbelievable - Princess Jayne
V- Villains - AWM
W-Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA - MusicalDisneyDreams
X- X-cellent Adventure - McEver4
Y- Yo Ho!; You May Get Wet - lm3k
Z- Zip-A-Dee Do Dah! - MusicalDisneyDreams
CLOSE - CLOSING PAGE SET - "See Ya Real Soon" LM3K
For the last two groups you may choose 3 elements from the following list: Altered clips; paper piecing; tags; file folder; library pocket & tag; 4 shapes; disney quote. PLEASE KEEP THEM to General Disney colors so they can be used anywhere throughout the book.
PICK 3A: WDWMickey
PICK 3B: ChiefDragon

Everyday: MAKE 8 SETS
A- Awesome; Amazing; All About Me - wdwmickey
B- Best Buds - LM3K
C- Cookies - JJ&JHsmom
D- Dancing in the Rain - WDWMickey
E - Everyday stuff - JJ&JHSmom
F- Family - my2ms0205
G- Good Times - LM3K
H- Happy Days - Mommy2mrb
I- I Love You - Chief Dragon
J- Just Hanging Out - Chief Dragon
K- Kidding Around - Chief Dragon
L- Life's Special Moments; Love; Laughing; Laughter - LM3K
M- Making Memories - WDWMickey
N- NO Way!; No Place Like Home - WDWMickey
O- Outdoors - m2mrb
P- Picture Perfect - WDWMickey
Q- Quiet Time - JJ&JHsmom
R- Ready, Set, Go!; Ready to Go - JJ&JHSmom
S- Snuggle - MazdaUK
T-Treats - My2ms0205
U- Umbrellas - my2ms0205
V- Victory - Mommy2mrb
W- Water - Mommy2mrb
X- eXtreme fun - MazdaUK
Y- Yummy - MazdaUK
Z- Zoo - m2mrb

Danielle

I'm In!! I'd like one Photo Mat, one Journal Box, and 2 other elements..

I like this idea and June or September is good timing for me. I am flexible about elements.

Cassey

I'm not in this time but I've done this one before and its brilliant:thumbsup2

Will this (the Disney group) be different from what we did this fall or basically the same?

I love the idea of an everyday ABC also!! Don't get me wrong...I love all the Disney stuff I get, but I need everyday stuff also! :thumbsup2

Will this (the Disney group) be different from what we did this fall or basically the same?

I love the idea of an everyday ABC also!! Don't get me wrong...I love all the Disney stuff I get, but I need everyday stuff also! :thumbsup2

I was wondering the exact same thing. How will this be different or similar to what we just did last fall?

Also, I like the idea of 1 mat and 1 box instead of 2 mats.

Here are a couple thoughts:
D-Downtown Disney
S-So much shopping, so little time

Maybe if we made it more "themes" not characters and rides it would be different from the ABC swap a lot of us just finished? :confused3

I love, love, love the idea of an everyday ABC swap, that sounds fantastic!

What about making a title be one of the elements? That would really set it apart from the one done last fall? And, I agree...it'll be good to come up with different themes. Can we try to not duplicate it at all? Or will that be too much?

I really wanna make this general stuff and not specific to characters or rides. That way we can either use them for and an actual ABC style book, or they can be broken apart and used an individual pages to fill our books. Which swap is everyone referring to? I must have missed it completely.:confused3

UPDATE: I just went back and looked and I do remember this one now. I guess I had forgotten because it was at the same time as my dad having all those surgeries. DUH! Well, knowing that we just had one - does anyone want to still do this? You all are still probably burnt out from the last one. If you are interrested - I'd love to still hostess. I really do not want to have specific characters or rides/events in this one. Was thinking of just more general Disney and everyday life topics. Should we see what we can put together for topics, or do you wanna wait until Sept? I'm good with it either way.

If we do this I definitely would like to have a title instead of just a single 4" letter - one mat - one journal box and one single element. All you would have to do then is print your pics and put everything onto a paper. Easy peazy lemon squeezy!

That sounds great to me.....let's see what everyone else says :)

I like the idea of not ride or character specific. I also like the idea of an everday one too.

I'd like an everyday one for sure!! And, for Disney, what about a "catch phrase" one? That would not necessarily be ride / character specific. Like. for B "Bunch of Characters" or for S "Say Cheese" or for T "The Gang"...you get the idea!! That totally generalizes it.

Oh, and I'd rather do it for June since there are not many in there and the summer is pretty free for me!! Just my two cents!!

I would prefer June also. And as for the catch phrases - that's exactly what I was looking for. Maybe we can all brainstorm and set them ahead of time, or do you wanna just do them at sign-ups? If we do them ahead of time we can all give our ideas and agree on what the alphabet will be. How does that sound? If you like it - Im taking all ideas starting now....... Get your thinking caps on. We need a whole alphabet for both the Disney swap and the everyday swap. :yay::yay::yay:
Does everyone like the idea of the title, one mat, one journal box and one element?

Was also thinking - character swap signups in May and ABC in June - with a due date the same? Would save everyone on some postage. We could set a due date of a little longer than we normally would to allow everyone to be finished. Or would you prefer due dates a couple weeks apart?

We need either 9 or 13 swappers for this one to work.

M - Making memories Could work for Disney or everyday.

Q - Quiet time Sleeping children or Husbands or children reading.

L- Life's special moments

G - Getting Ready, for a trip or school dance or?

Hmmmmmmm...an every day ABC - that would work for me:thumbsup2 As long as it was fairly gender neutral (and din't have too many holidays we don't have....) Are there enough "general vacation" things which have not already been taken up by other swaps, for example?

My only tip from last time would be to make it experienced swappers only - once you start cutting 13 of something you realise its a big ask compared with 4-6;) And if you're the hostess you want to make sure everyone packs it properly - one big bag full of 26 sets of elements would NOT be fun to sort:rolleyes1

Here are a few possibilities for everyday:

A--awesome or amazing
C--cooking; cookies
D--Daddy; dinner
F--family; father
I--ice cream
M--Mommy; mother; momma; music
O--(great) outdoors
P--piano; popcorn
Q--questions
Y--yummy

Okay--the boards dumped me out--I took too long. Not sure if you can see my previous post or not. I'll try to come up with some phrases, let me think on it a little.

As for time June would be great for me.

Disney
C - Cast of Characters
Crazy
Cool!!!

E
Excellent
Excited

F
Family
Friends
Fantastic

J
Jump for Joy

K
Kids at Heart

V
Vacation of a lifetime

Everyday
O - out and about

Here are my suggestions (some may be dups to what you already have):

Disney:

A -
B - Best Friends
C - Characters
D - Disney Days
E - Enchanted
F - Fairytales Do Come True
G - Goofin' Around
H - Happiest Place on Earth
I - It All Started with a Mouse
J - Just Ducky (Donald or Daisy pix)
K - Kid at Heart
L - Laughing Place
M - Making Memories, Magical
N - Nothing but a Good Time, No Place Like Home
O -
P - Pretty as a Princess
Q - Quick Bite or Quick Break
R -
S - Say Cheese
T -
U -
V -
W - World Traveler
X - eXcited
Y - Yo Ho!
Z - Z end

Everyday:

A - All About Me
B - Best Buds
C - Color My World (coloring pix)
D - Daddy Daycare
E -
F - Family
G - Good Times
H - Happy Birthday
I -
J -
K - Kiddin Around
L - Love
M - Me and My Mom
N -
O - Over the Moon for You
P - Play
Q - Quiet Time
R - Ready To Go
S - Snuggle
T - Treats
U -
V - Victory
W - Water
X - eXtreme Fun
Y - You're the Best!
Z -Zoo

If I think of anything for the others, I'll add them later!

Some everyday ideas to fill the gaps....

A-Active

E - every day (for stuff you do every day - from getting up to going to bed!)

I -ice cream

J Jumping (just jumping, space hoppers, or lots going oon as in "the place is jumping)

N - Noonday sun, napping, night time

U - Umbrellas (beach, rain, etc.)

And I'll be in for the every day one:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter