ABD Backstage Magic 4/17 - 4/22/11

Thank Kevin... I was thinking that might be the case.

If the group has any interest maybe we can make a reservation there on one of the nights that dinner is not included. What is you opinion of Napa Rose? Pete seems not to be as fond of it as he once was. Samatha Brown seems to love it... but then again she is going to get the best of the best.

Mark

Please keep in mind that I have only been there once, but I thought it was overpriced and pretentious.

We thought Steakhouse 55 was wonderful. We went twice.

Where is the farewell dinner held? I looked at the itinerary on the Dreams Unlimited site, but didn't see a location mentioned?

In April, our Farewell Dinner was held in a conference room at the Grand Californian, which opened onto a small garden where the buffet was set up.

I dont think a location is listed as I think the location is subject to change.

I figured it would be expensive, I don't know if I can forgo that much more, but it would be nice to already be at the destination. I will have to think about it. I called the Hilton by the airport and it was just over a hundred.

Hi Melissa,

I understand what you are thinking... I thought about it too for a while... just ask Kevin... but I decided it was worth it because we would possibly be able to meet some of our fellow Disers a day early and get an early start on the party :banana::cheer2:pixiedust::dancer:party:

Mark

Hi Melissa,

I understand what you are thinking... I thought about it too for a while... just ask Kevin... but I decided it was worth it because we would possibly be able to meet some of our fellow Disers a day early and get an early start on the party :banana::cheer2:pixiedust::dancer:party:

Mark[/QUOTE

Mark,
princess:
It does sound like a lot of fun to meet up before hand. I will go on my trip this week and then I will decide. I guess it will depend on how much money I spend at the Land this first time.

Hi Melissa,

Mark[/QUOTE

Mark,
princess:
It does sound like a lot of fun to meet up before hand. I will go on my trip this week and then I will decide. I guess it will depend on how much money I spend at the Land this first time.

Melissa,

Have a Great Trip:cool1: and I completely understand the cost considerations.

Mark

I wanted to find something out from everyone who is going so far. My husband, Shawn is going with me and he is not as much of a Disney Fan as I am. Is this the case with anyone else? I know he will have a nice enough time, but will it be as awesome for him as it will be for me?

Hi everyone!
Welcome to the recent additions to the trip!:thumbsup2 I haven't been on here much lately. It's been a crazy couple of weeks back at school! I got switched to a new building so it's been INSANE unpacking, getting used to a completely new system, new principal, new procedures, a bunch of new curriculum, and just trying to feel somewhat settled. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off! :scared1:I had reservations to go to Disney for this long holiday weekend - but ended up not going bc I just have to much to do for work :( I wish I was there!!:sad1:

Anyway, I did notice on my school calendar I have off that Monday if we don't use any snow days. Last year we used all 3, so I can't really depend on that. :confused3 I am looking to stay those 2 days after - but need to find someplace cheap to stay. I haven't had a chance to read back through everyone's recent posts. Anyone find someplace inexpensive? Flying in the day before would be great - I'd like to feel settled and have some time to adjust with the time change. Haven't booked my flight yet. The best price I've seen so far is $485 not including luggage fees.

I'm really looking forward to this trip! Especially since I can tell this is going to be a crazy school year - this trip gives me something to look forward to!

Did we ever agree on a time/place to meet on the 16th? The last I remember was the Swan. I believe in the morning? I'll go back and read all I've missed. I'm so procrastinating doing my first set of lesson plans that are due tomorrow morning LOL:rolleyes1

:

Right now I'm planning on just flying in the day of the tour. I am considering adding an extra day at the Renaissance up front though. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the transfers last year. What did you do with the extra time up front (assuming you came in early last year too)? I'm trying to decide if there's anything I really want to see that would make it worth it to me to fly in a day early.

The Renaissance is connected to the Hollywood & Highland shopping and entertainment complex and that is where I spent most of my time before the trip last April (I got in two days ahead of time). There are a lot of shops and restaurants (CPK, Hard Rock Cafe, etc). I also saw a movie at the El Capitan, which is a phenomenal experience, I highly recommend it...depending on what movie is playing. The Disney Ice Cream/Soda Shop is also a lot of fun. The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel is about a block away from the Renaissance and has an awesome place for burgers called 25 Degrees.

I really liked coming in early, it helped me to adjust to the time difference.

Jason :goodvibes

I wanted to find something out from everyone who is going so far. My husband, Shawn is going with me and he is not as much of a Disney Fan as I am. Is this the case with anyone else? I know he will have a nice enough time, but will it be as awesome for him as it will be for me?

There is some great stuff that he might really enjoy, in particulary I found the tours through Jimmy Kimmel Live and Jim Henson Studios to be awesome!

Jason:goodvibes

I was just curious if Napa Rose was included in the ABD portion of the trip. I did not see it mentioned so I assuming the answer is No. If not, is it worth it and who would be interested in eating here?

Mark

This is one of the places I really want to try. I'd be interested in a dinner on our free night if anyone else is. Other places that sound good are Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Also, they have World of Color Dinner packages that give you priority seating but I'm not sure if we will already get this as part of our tour (the priority seating -- I know we don't get the dinner package).

Speaking of food, does anyone know if we will have our last breakfast at Club 33 like they've done on previous tours or if it will be at Storyteller's Cafe (which I think is listed on the itinerary)?

I am still debating whether or not to fly in a day early and stay at the Renaissance. I keep going back and forth on it --I'm already spending so much what's another few hundred, right:lmao: But I really do have to decide soon as flight prices are slowly creeping up.

I noticed you are from NJ too -- there are a lot of us in this group! Where do you live? I'm in Robbinsville, near Princeton. Are you going to be flying out of Newark?

Your Disneyland trip is coming up so soon -- hope you have a great time!

Hi everyone!
Welcome to the recent additions to the trip!:thumbsup2 I haven't been on here much lately. It's been a crazy couple of weeks back at school! I got switched to a new building so it's been INSANE unpacking, getting used to a completely new system, new principal, new procedures, a bunch of new curriculum, and just trying to feel somewhat settled. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off! :scared1:I had reservations to go to Disney for this long holiday weekend - but ended up not going bc I just have to much to do for work :( I wish I was there!!:sad1:

Anyway, I did notice on my school calendar I have off that Monday if we don't use any snow days. Last year we used all 3, so I can't really depend on that. :confused3 I am looking to stay those 2 days after - but need to find someplace cheap to stay. I haven't had a chance to read back through everyone's recent posts. Anyone find someplace inexpensive? Flying in the day before would be great - I'd like to feel settled and have some time to adjust with the time change. Haven't booked my flight yet. The best price I've seen so far is $485 not including luggage fees.

I'm really looking forward to this trip! Especially since I can tell this is going to be a crazy school year - this trip gives me something to look forward to!

Did we ever agree on a time/place to meet on the 16th? The last I remember was the Swan. I believe in the morning? I'll go back and read all I've missed. I'm so procrastinating doing my first set of lesson plans that are due tomorrow morning LOL:rolleyes1

Hope things are settling down at your new school. Too bad you had to cancel your trip this past weekend. But December will be here soon enough :goodvibes

That would be great if you had the Monday after the trip off. I splurged and booked 2 nights at the Grand Californian but I think some have booked at the Candy Cane Inn -- I've read some reviews and it sounds nice and I think prices are pretty reasonable. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not I want to come in a day early. Flight prices I'm seeing are around what you mentioned -- I'm going to fly out of Newark and Continental really seems to be the only choice. I haven't checked Philly at all since I'm really more comfortable with Newark. Where are you going to fly out of?

The Renaissance is connected to the Hollywood & Highland shopping and entertainment complex and that is where I spent most of my time before the trip last April (I got in two days ahead of time). There are a lot of shops and restaurants (CPK, Hard Rock Cafe, etc). I also saw a movie at the El Capitan, which is a phenomenal experience, I highly recommend it...depending on what movie is playing. The Disney Ice Cream/Soda Shop is also a lot of fun. The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel is about a block away from the Renaissance and has an awesome place for burgers called 25 Degrees.

I really liked coming in early, it helped me to adjust to the time difference.

Jason :goodvibes

Thanks for the information :thumbsup2 Are you doing one or two nights up front this time? Now I just need to decide if I want to add the extra day up front and then book my flight. Then I'll just have to wait until April. Good thing I have a couple other trips planned before then!

Hello everyone! Looks like our group is growing. :thumbsup2 I've been busy the last few weeks and also haven't made it on the boards much. I spent labor day at Disneyland running the half marathon. :banana: I am going back to Disneyland in about 11 days for Destination D, a D23 event! :yay::cool1:

I know a lot of people are looking into stays post-ABD. I think I might have mentioned Priceline before as a cheap option. I am paying $185 for 3 nights (just a bit over $60 a night) for the Sheraton Anaheim South when I go on Sept. 23. I just stayed two nights at the Marriot Anaheim Suites for $155 (about $78 a night). The downside is that you might not be walking distance to the parks. However, all hotels offer free or paid transportation to the parks that is usually every 20 or 30 minutes. If anyone has questions about bidding, feel free to ask. I always use Priceline when I go to DL.

Hi everyone!

Hi Susan! That is too bad you had to cancel your trip. I totally understand though, last year I switched to a new school and new grade level and felt like it was my first year teaching again. This year is a lot better though.

This is one of the places I really want to try. I'd be interested in a dinner on our free night if anyone else is. Other places that sound good are Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Also, they have World of Color Dinner packages that give you priority seating but I'm not sure if we will already get this as part of our tour (the priority seating -- I know we don't get the dinner package).

I would be up for eating at Napa Rose, Blue Bayou or Ralph Brennans. I've never eaten at Napa Rose or Blue Bayou (as an adult)! I ate at Ralph Brennans about 5 months ago and it was good. I know Blue Bayou is not known for their food, but I still would like to eat there just once.

Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Melissa:cheer2:

:welcome: Melissa and Shawn! I know your trip to DL is just a few days away. How long are you staying at DL? I will be down there again on the evening of Sept. 23 and staying until Sept. 26. How exciting your first trip to DL! :cool1: You will love it. If you have any questions about DL, feel free to ask.

Hi all,

We are up for anything the group wants to do, Steakhouse 55 or Napa Rose or whatever.

Mark

Speaking of food, does anyone know if we will have our last breakfast at Club 33 like they've done on previous tours or if it will be at Storyteller's Cafe (which I think is listed on the itinerary)?

I am still debating whether or not to fly in a day early and stay at the Renaissance. I keep going back and forth on it --I'm already spending so much what's another few hundred, right:lmao: But I really do have to decide soon as flight prices are slowly creeping up.

I noticed you are from NJ too -- there are a lot of us in this group! Where do you live? I'm in Robbinsville, near Princeton. Are you going to be flying out of Newark?

Your Disneyland trip is coming up so soon -- hope you have a great time!

Hope things are settling down at your new school. Too bad you had to cancel your trip this past weekend. But December will be here soon enough :goodvibes

That would be great if you had the Monday after the trip off. I splurged and booked 2 nights at the Grand Californian but I think some have booked at the Candy Cane Inn -- I've read some reviews and it sounds nice and I think prices are pretty reasonable. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not I want to come in a day early. Flight prices I'm seeing are around what you mentioned -- I'm going to fly out of Newark and Continental really seems to be the only choice. I haven't checked Philly at all since I'm really more comfortable with Newark. Where are you going to fly out of?

Thanks for the information :thumbsup2 Are you doing one or two nights up front this time? Now I just need to decide if I want to add the extra day up front and then book my flight. Then I'll just have to wait until April. Good thing I have a couple other trips planned before then!

Robin,

Shawn and I are from Franklinville, NJ, so we will be flying out of Philly. I know for sure that I am coming in a day early just not where I am staying yet.

Thanks, for the well wishes for my trip in 3 days, so excited:cool1:

:welcome: Melissa and Shawn! I know your trip to DL is just a few days away. How long are you staying at DL? I will be down there again on the evening of Sept. 23 and staying until Sept. 26. How exciting your first trip to DL! :cool1: You will love it. If you have any questions about DL, feel free to ask.

Thanks Deann, My mom and myself are leaving on the 16th and will come back on the 22nd. We have 4 full days in the park and have booked the Welcome to Disneyland Tour for our first full day and the Walk in Walt's Footstep Tour on our last day. I wanted to do the Segway tour but it is not available in the slower time. I also do not see Aladdin as having any show times, which I am very upset about, but I guess that gives me something to hope for in April. :woohoo:

I'm doing one night this time before the trip, and planning to do one extra night at the end. Last time I didn't do an extra night at the end, looking back I wish I did.

Jason:goodvibes

Hi Folks,

I dont know how many of you know what has been going on during the last two weeks, but I have some information to share.

Approximately 2 weeks ago, someone on the ABD Board asked if the ticket included in the BSM Adventure was a three or a four day ticket. After some discussion , it was pointed out that the ABD website stated a 3 day ticket.

After several phone calls where I was told it was a 4 day ticket, someone finally checked and I was told that it would be a three day ticket.

I have made phone calls, complained to anyone that will listen and written a letter.

I am happy to say that I got a call from Disney / ABD letting me know that everyone traveling on a 2011 Backstage Magic Adventure will definitely receive a 4 day park hopper ticket as part of the package.

There is a small change and it might affect some of you.

ABD has changed their policy regarding transfers on the day of departure.

As of now, the final transfer from the Disneyland Resort to the airport on the last day of the Adventure, will be at 4:00pm.

ABD asks that your departing flight be no later than 7:00pm.

I realize that some of you have already booked airfare based on old information.

If this is the case and you have questions or concerns, please email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Thanks,
Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter