ABD "mystery" announcement coming up tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what the new offerings are. Personally I would like to see:

Russia
Tibet
Israel
Argentina
Back Stage Magic WDW (when Imagineering moves to FL)

I guess we can always dream about new options.

Last edited:

Can anyone decipher the name of that ship? Is that a clue to what will be announced?

Edited to add: Just realized it's Ponant. Maybe they are expanding their partnership?
Ah, good catch. I was on my phone and thought it was one of the Disney ships, but now I can see that it's clearly not.

A WDW version of the DL Adventures by Disney trip would be fantastic. It would probably be a long trip, but it would be awesome.
They tried that in 2017, and it was a total disaster. No interest; if I remember correctly, they cancelled it before any of the trips even went. I'm not sure if adding Imagineering to the itinerary would make it any more attractive to folks.

Sayhello

They tried that in 2017, and it was a total disaster. No interest; if I remember correctly, they cancelled it before any of the trips even went. I'm not sure if adding Imagineering to the itinerary would make it any more attractive to folks.

Sayhello

I just want to buy another Imagineering ski vest and some more swag from the shops. =)

So I checked out the website, and it looks like the announcement is for the Expedition cruises for 2023, and includes a new Expedition to the Arctic. So now they cover both poles. :)

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/europe/arctic-expedition-cruise/

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/expedition-cruising-with-disney/

Sorry @RebelHawk, looks like they didn't include any of your wish list.

It's interesting that ABD has started a new tier for booking - people with 3 or more previous ABDs get to book first, then all other previous ABD guests the next day, then other Disney statuses the third day, then the General Public

Booking begins:
November 9, 2021:
Previous Adventures by Disney Guests who have traveled on 3 or more adventures
November 10, 2021: All previous Adventures by Disney Guests
November 11, 2021: Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Platinum & Gold Castaway Club Members, Golden Oak Members and Club 33 Members
November 12: General public

Sayhello

Last edited:
So I checked out the website, and it looks like the announcement is for the Expedition cruises for 2023, and includes a new Expedition to the Arctic. So now they cover both poles. :)

It's interesting that ABD has started a new tier for booking - people with 3 or more previous ABDs get to book first, then all other previous ABD guests the next day, then other Disney statuses the third day, then the General Public

Booking begins:
November 9, 2021:
November 11, 2021: Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Platinum & Gold Castaway Club Members, Golden Oak Members and Club 33 Members

Sayhello

Dang. If only my two, 2020 ABD trips hadn't been canceled, I could book on Nov. 9! Oh well, will try for Nov. 10 - I've always wanted to go to Svalbard! The Arctic cruise looks amazing!

Booking begins:
November 9, 2021:

Sayhello
Very interesting about the new booking brackets. It would actually help me, as I think I have 7. The arctic is very high on my list, and I've always put it on my ABD feedback form. I'd be tempted if I hadn't completely lost faith in them after the way they've handled the pandemic. If I ever book with them again, it will be very last minute and I'll rely on the DVC pricing. But my #1 Arctic destination is actually Greenland so I'll probably wait to tackle Svalbard and Greenland at the same time.

Didn’t those new booking windows start in June, with the release of the summer and fall 2022 itineraries? I seem to recall having to wait until day 2 to book because I didn’t have 3 adventures due to Covid cancellations.

I am
Is anyone tempted..? I'm glad I have several days to cool my jets. Apparently my anger faltered at the idea of going somewhere I've always wanted to, have no intention of doing on my own, and with Joe Rhode onboard, at about the same price as booking direct with Ponant. :scratchin
I am very tempted, but expect that Joe Rohde departure to be fully booked before I’d have a chance to call in as I don’t have access to a phone next week when it opens.

I am

I am very tempted, but expect that Joe Rohde departure to be fully booked before I’d have a chance to call in as I don’t have access to a phone next week when it opens.

Would you not consider using a TA? I assume it will be booked on day 1 also with those who have 3+ trips, which wouldn't give me a shot. Might be an easy answer then.

Would you not consider using a TA? I assume it will be booked on day 1 also with those who have 3+ trips, which wouldn't give me a shot. Might be an easy answer then.
Thanks, this is a great idea for this situation; I always book everything myself so this has not crossed my mind at all. However, since I’m leaving Friday I don’t have capacity tomorrow to manage it in a day. I’ll have to keep this in mind should it come up again in the future.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! The Joe Rhode cruise is a once in a lifetime experience that I don't think I can pass up. The Arctic is appealing to me as I get seasick and have reservations about Drake passage and Antarctica. This is my chance to see wildlife in a pole, just the North pole rather than South.

We are lucky as we have completed three ABD's so we have early booking. Crossing our fingers!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Very apt! lol

I think we'll be passing just because the price point is a bit steep for us at this stage, but Joe Rhode IS tempting! That in and of itself is likely worth the price of admission...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter