ABD - Norway or Italy/Switzerland for family trip

Canadian Frank

Earning My Ears
Debating on which ABD to choose between Norway and Italy/Switzerland (Magical Alpine) for a July trip next year. Family of 4 with 2 daughters age 12 and 9. We like cooler temperature and one of my daughter has a tree nut allergy and not sure which trip would be better for her for the food. Which would you choose and why?

I have a trip report in my signature file for Norway but can't speak for the Magical Alpine trip. There was a guest on our Norway trip that had severe food allergies. They printed out lists of all allergies and symptoms in English and Norwegian to present to all the dining locations. If I recall correctly they were able to be accommodate to their dietary restrictions in all locations with the exception of one of the smaller venues. They had zero complaints regarding the alternative dining options.

I also can't speak to Italy/Switzerland but did the Norway trip in 2022 and it was fantastic. It's a pretty active trip and when we were there in July the weather was still on the cooler side. There was a good mix of activities, and we felt like we really got to experience the natural beauty of Norway. If you like museums, an extra day is Oslo is nice to visit the Munch museum, which is in walking distance of the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter