ABD then Cruise (Southampton): Picking an arrival time?

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
We're doing an ABD London before boarding the Dream in Southampton. Transportation from the hotel to the port is included. Is there coordination between ABD and DCL for port arrival time slots (like the DCL bus from WDW to Port C.), or do I have to pick a time and just hope for the best?

I would check with DCL. In my experience, ABD is rarely in charge when it comes to things coordinated with DCL.

But my guess would be that you won't actually pick your arrival time, that it will be handled by DCL. But that is REALLY just a guess.

Sayhello

Thank you. We're working with a TA (DU) and she didn't know either about coordinating or even what time the transportation arrives at the port. I hope this isn't the first time ABD has done a London tour!!!

Southampton is about 2 and a half hours drive from central London. DCL in 2023 had transport from London Gatwick Airport and London Heathrow airport as well as a hotel in London. I would ring DCL and ask about the central London transfer. See if it is near or maybe its the same hotel that you will be in for ABD.

The DCL transfers from London to Southampton work the same as the DCL transfers in Florida. When you do online check in you put your travel details in.

Southampton is about 2 and a half hours drive from central London. DCL in 2023 had transport from London Gatwick Airport and London Heathrow airport as well as a hotel in London. I would ring DCL and ask about the central London transfer. See if it is near or maybe its the same hotel that you will be in for ABD.

The DCL transfers from London to Southampton work the same as the DCL transfers in Florida. When you do online check in you put your travel details in.
Thank you. We have DCL transport from the port to Heathrow all set through our TA (DU). I just chatted with DCL, and they will get back to me about the port arrival situation.

UPDATE: DCL said the ABD bus of cruisers will be kept as a group, in process at the concierge desk, and given a Group 2 boarding. Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter