ABD trips with food allergies?

MinnieFan4ever

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have been considering an ABD vacation for some time now. Does anyone have any experience going on one with a gluten allergy. My concern is with the meals and dining pre planned,what if I can’t find any g/f meals? This has been my hold up. TIA!

On our Norway trip there was a family with a child that had multiple serious food allergies. The mother printed out cards with their child's allergies that they had translated into Norwegian. We saw them at every meal talking with the ABD guide and the chiefs at the various resultants and meal stops confirming what was in each dish. There were a couple of meals that the family had to eat prepackaged snacks instead of prepared meals so there may have to be sacrifices but at no time did they ever go without.

Thanks for the speedy reply. It’s just me with the allergy so I don’t mind working around it. I just didn’t want “suffer” with little to no options.

This may vary depending on where you are going on the ABD. While the guides will work with you and the included venues, you'll have to make your own choices when you eat on your own. Its easier to do this on a trip in the US. A bit harder to do this on trips to Europe. I suspect even harder on trips to Asia.

AbD will do their best to accommodate. An example - I can’t eat cabbage. On the Japan AbD, there is a group meal stop at an okonomiyaki restaurant….okonomiyaki are basically cabbage pancakes with some mix-ins. I’d told the guides I would pass on eating while there; instead, they had spoken with the chef & arranged for one to be made for me with chicken and noodles. Another day, on the Osaka evening food tour, one of the guides on her initiative took the time to write out my food issues in Japanese for me so I could show it to the vendors, to be sure I didn’t inadvertently end up with something that might cause a problem.

If you have some destinations in mind, maybe reach out to AbD re the local food & possible GF options before you book.

We are thinking of the Ireland trip. I have been before I was gluten free and of course had no issues. If I have a few spare hours, I may just call ABD to inquire about it. I would reach out to a TA, but I hate to waste their time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter