? about HRH & PB--1st timer to US & IOA

nuts4sn00py

<font color=red>Everyone wants to be a cat!
I've noticed that many people here seem to book HRH rather than PB..is there a reason for that? Do you get better deals with HRH? Right now I have 10 days booked @WDW. 3 nites @AKL & 7 nites @BC Concierge. I have decided to cancel the AKL res & go to US & IOA instead. I have 2 kids 7 & 8 and I am wondering if one hotel would be a better choice over the other. Right now I have a res @PB for Deluxe @$305 per nite. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give me. I'm so confused! Thanks, Kathy :wave:

HRH prices are usually (not always) a bit lower. It's also closer to the parks. It's an easy five minute walk to Universal. At PBH you have the boat to take you over. The HRH seems to be a bit more geared for kids. Did you ask if the Entertainment discount was available for your time there? If so, you can get an Entertainment Book at www.entertainment.com You can't go wrong with either hotel.

Hi!
My honest opinion WE love HRH, we have stayed in both and HRH is much better by far. I think it is nicer than yacht club (not the pool, that can't be beat)
We have 9, 8, and 6yr olds and they did not like PB we are booked April 10, and 11th in deluxe rm $155 ent. rate.

Thank you both for answering so swiftly. Based on what you have said, I am definitely thinking about changing my res from PBH to HRH. Unfortunately the entertainment rate wasnt available, but I did get a AAA discount. I will keep looking for a better rate as I put a hold on a Club room @$269 per nite. I appreciate all your help. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. Once again, thank you both! Kathy :wave: P. S. I am still looking for more points of view on both hotels & also on how you rate the Club. Thanks for all your replies!

I am leaving Monday for 10 days at PB. This is my first time cheating on Disney LOL!!!!! I have a deluxe pool view for $219 (hotelkingdom.com). I chose PB because many of the posts I read said their kids liked PB better?! I have a 5 year old DD and twin 2 1/2 yr. old DD's. I'll post my thoughts when I get home if it helps you.

We stayed at BC concierge last year for 5 days and it was amazing! ENJOY!

Poly - '99
Cont. - '01
BC - '01
PB - '02!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lindalee: Another first timer, can you tell me why you booked a deluxe room over a garden view room. Is there that much of a difference in the room size, beds? Also is there a refrigerator in any of the hardrock rooms.

Thanks,

Deb.

cottontail,
The deluxe rooms are larger and some have a sofa-bed. All rooms have an "honor bar" that is a small frig. You can move some of the things aside and put your own things in there.

cottontail,
We have 3 children, and decided to go with the 500sq ft. @$155 vs. the 400sq.ft. @$140 pool veiw.
But the thing that sold me was the sofabed, I have read many times that some rooms have them, and some don't, so i called the hotel direct and he assured me that they all have sofa beds. So, the $25 we would spend on a rollaway we can get a bigger room.
They do have fridges for a fee.

ThreeBelles, I look foward to your post when you get back. I'm leaning toward HRH this trip, but still have ressies @both for the moment. My DH can't understand y I decided to stay onsite @Universal, when I had booked AKL Savannah & I had carried on about AKL so. I than showed him the Universal Video & he finally got it! I am a true Disney fan, so I do feel like I'm cheating...alas I know you understand ThreeBelles. I gave my kids the option of AKL or US & they chose US ;), so who am I to argue. I will keep a look out for your review. Thanks to all who replied, I really appreciate it! Kathy :wave:

I'm also one feeling like I'm cheating on WDW! We've only been there twice, but I LOVE it! Feel like I'm cheating by going to Universal. However, we'll be at Universal 3 nights and Disney 1. I can't go to Orlando without a stop at Disney! When I called for ressies, my only option was PBH. Being we're going at the beginning of Florida's Spring Break, I'm thinking HRH was already booked. That's me though...ressies no longer than 6-8 weeks in advance. LOL!

Once you experience FOTL, not to mention the fabulous Hard Rock Hotel (or Portofino), your husband will never again question your decision to stay on-site at Universal. Take it from someone who expected to be disappointed with Universal, thinking it wouldn't "measure up" to Disney, it not only met my expectations but far exceeded them!

LOVED the hotel, and FOTL is the absolute BEST! Now if Universal just had more than 2 parks we would spend our whole vacation there. For the time being we will split all vacations to Orlando between WDW and Universal, and I will book Universal for the end of the vacation so I can save the best for last! 3 more weeks!

Hi, if you reserve a deluxe room, do they face the pool in the hrh?

also are any of you guys middle age, like 40 something, I just wonder if the hrh is better for younger people, or okay for middle aged people as well.

Deb.

MANY people on this board are in their forties. Somes of us are even FIFTY!! Loved the HRH. It's for everybody!

Thanks, that is great to hear for all of us baby boomers. I just read so much about people with small children that I thought it was more for the young ones, but I guess it is a mixture which is good.

Deb.

We requested a pool veiw with our Deluxe room, they are scatterd throughout, some are garden others are pool veiw, so you find out when you arrive, i think i will hold out for the pool veiw

I would love to hear her trip report.

With all the changes Disney is making I think it would be fun to spend a few days at Universal and IOA instead of a full trip to WDW.

I look forward to reading about their stay.:D

Just a little update! DH & I went to US in California this past Friday, 3/8 & absolutely loved it! We did get the Annual pass, since there was no additional cost to us & did the Directors pass upgrade which gave us a free 8x10 picture & FOTL access to rides & reserved seating & backstage access to certain shows & rides. My DH said it was DEFINITELY worth the money! Now he understands why I want to stay @HRH when we go in August! I'm afraid he'll be disappointed with WDW after we stay @HRH! Can't wait till then! Kathy :wave: P.S. I also am looking foward to 3belles trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter