• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about menu choices w/dining option for packages

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
We are going to go with a package on our next trip to take advantage of the dining option. I've been looking at the menus on Deb's site and this sure seems to be a great deal. However I have some questions about exactly what you can order at the specified restaurants.
According to the brochure, a counter service meal includes:
1 entrée
1 dessert
1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage
Is this ANY entrée? dessert? and beverage? Some of the restaurants have a wide price range on the menu. And can the beverage be one of the specialty non-alcoholic offerings - like a smoothie, or a virgin strawberry daiquiri?
Sit down restaurants:
1 appetizer
1 entrée
1 dessert
1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage
Same questions...does this mean ANY appetizer, etc?
At an additional $35 per day per person, DH and I can easily make this a huge value!

That's my understanding of the program as well per Disney Dining.

The only restriction I've gotten them to give me is this...

If there are two sizes for a portion, the restaurant has the right to limit you to the smaller portion (i.e. If the restaurant offers an 8 oz & 12 oz prime rib, you may only be able to get the 8oz).

I'm wondering how the appetizer works with my 6 year old son. Everyone I've spoken with at dining tells me he would indeed get his own appetizer, but I just don't see that happening...

I wondered about the kid's dessert, and appetizer. If they do indeed get their own, I don't know where we will put all the food. Seems to good to be true.

The kids desert seems reasonable...since most kids menus offer some type of desert...I just can't believe that a child can order say a plate of mozz. sticks and then his meal, and then a desert. Since we have an infant daughter who isn't part of the dining package, we can use most of this excess for her....

We'll see. We're going down in three weeks...

Anyone know about the beverage? Can it be one of the specialty drinks, or does it have to be soda?

The children are required to order off the children's menu. I don't think any children's menus have appetizers, so I thought the children just get the entree, drink and dessert. Am I wrong?

I sure feel sorry for the first person who returns having used the dining option!

This is very confusing and not a lot of details exist.

When I bought the package, I asked four different people and each indicated all paying members of the party, including our child would receive an appetizer. This should be interesting...I leave Feb 9.

HB2k,

Would you be so kind to post when you get back? We are leaving on the 26th of Feb. and I kind of would like to know what to expect with this plan. Thanks!!!! :)

jeepgirl30 said:
I sure feel sorry for the first person who returns having used the dining option!

ME TOO :earseek:

We should be getting some reports soon, I would think.

It's a great value for adult meals, especially since it includes tip, but it doesn't seem to be as cost-effective for kid's meals.

Would you be able to use wishes/points for the adult meals and then pay for the kids' food a la carte?

BabyMo said:
Would you be able to use wishes/points for the adult meals and then pay for the kids' food a la carte?

Everyone in the room must be on the same dining plan. I think the sit-down meals, will be fine. We just plan to stay away from the counter service that only have a couple of really crappy meals for the kids. My kids still enjoy character meals, so the $10.00/day for them is a bargain.

I figure even if the kids don't get their own appetizer, 2 adult appetizers, and 4 desserts, and with 2 big adult meals, no one will go hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter