• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about seating assigments on changed flight

briternik

Mouseketeer
I already had seating assignments on my American Airlines flight. They changed the flight # and time on one of my flights. Will they automatically assign me new seats or do I have to call and request them again. Thanks

I had this happen to me with ATA. When I called we had no seat assignments. I would call to confirm flight and seats.

This happened to us on Delta last week. I was nervous when they didn't give us boarding passes at the ticket counter, then at the gate, told us to sit and wait to be called. Well, we were quite surprised when they bumped us up to first class!!!

I would call and make sure you have seats assigned. In an overbooking situation the first people to get bumped are those with no seats assigned. Take what they have, you can always try to change at airport.

Thanks! I called and they had already reassigned me seats. However I was in row 11B, D, E, F and had been changed to 21B, D, E, F. I asked if they had anything closer to the front and he moved me to row 11 again. Now why didn't they do that anyway? I will be keeping an eye on any future flight change #'s and calling immediately.

That has happened to me in the past, they said a computer does the reassigning. I think they like to leave the seats in the front open for the higher priced tickets. It always pays to keep checking your assignments, I've seen them "disappear".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter