?? about Shulas

jjsmom

Mouseketeer
We will be eating here during our annual Jan. trip to visit the inlaws (they love the place). I was wondering if anyone could clarify the issue regarding children. Since the hotel offers free babysitting (FREE at WDW?, they MUST be trying to make some kind of point) for this restaurant, is there some rule about no kids?
DD is 13 and certainly knows how to act in a nice restaurant and is well past the "meltdown" age. However, I want to make sure there isn't an 18 or older rule like the adult-only restaurant on the cruise ship.

Thanks everyone!

No rule against children in the restaurant. They do not offer a kids menu though. We saw a few families with kids the last time we were there and some had game boys to play with to keep them occupied.

Our 12 year old is going to be going with us next trip. He loves a "good steak". At 13 your child is over the age for the child care program anyway. As posted they do not have a child's menu and charge 10.00 to split a meal. DS and I will share anyway as there is no way either of us can finish one of those steaks. I have "heard " they will wave the 10.00 split fee for children but do not know for sure.

Jordnas' mom

No rule,,,kids are welcome there. But if he can eat....it can add up quickly there. My brother has claim to fame on the 48 oz. steak meal...finished it and has his picture on the wall att the Shula's in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't think he moved for a day or two after that!:p

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Finfan,
DH finished a Shula's 48 oz (in Baltimore) and then polished off mine and his brother's! His name is proudly displayed on a plaque in the restaurant and Don Shula's pic hangs in our game room.

We're looking forward to this one!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter