AC needed at hotels on the beach in Ca?

MickeyMinnieMelanie

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide which hotel to stay at for 2 nights on the beach when we go in October. I'm thinking between Surf and Sand in Laguna, Laguna beach house, Pacific Edge in Laguna, Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport, or Waterfront Beach Resort in Huntington. Anyone have great experiences with any of these? Surf and Sand doesn't have AC. Do you need that in Ca? It looks like there's a lot of fire pits on the beach??

There may be times you might need a A/C even by the water. Some days can get really quite warm.

Check the average weather for Oct- we usually stay at beaches in central CA and would be fine without AC in Oct, but I know SoCal is a little warmer.

We used the AK a bit when we stayed in October at the Hyatt next to the Waterfront just to keep the room from being stuffy. We stayed at the Waterfront earlier this year and liked it very much. Huntington Beach is one of our favorite places to vacation.

We were having a hard time with the same decision. We were trying to decide between Surf and Sand and Montage. We went with Montage after I read a review saying "if you like to stay in a bed where someone else has sweat so badly due to no AC then Surf and Sand is your place". This just grossed me out and e decided to choose Montage since it has AC.
We have stayed at Pelican Hill in Newport and it is beautiful. We stayed there 3 years ago in a 2 bedroom villa at a great rate before prices skyrocketed. It is not right on the beach though so that is also another reason why we decided not to stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter