accessibility at DL?

cupcake

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but the search function isn't working. My dh has a trip to Anaheim later this month and I was thinking about going with him. I have been to DL (some time back) using a wc. I did not get a GAC, I just used accessible entrances when necessary. My recollection is that it was like MK used to be -- not very accessible. I have read that everything at California Adventure is accessible.

(1) I can't find the guides for guests with disabilities for DL parks on-line. Are they available anywhere?

(2) Any updates on how they are handling accessibility at DL? Did they remodel to be all mainstream? It doesn't seem like it would happen overnight. No problem w/ getting a GAC if I need to (I will have an ECV), I was just trying to figure out how it works now.

(3) We would likely be at the Anaheim Marriott, in case anyone has stayed there.

I did find one good thing (and a lot of obviously out of date info) when surfing around for info about DL -- not all of the fast pass machines at the DL parks are linked so you can get more than one at a time for certain rides.

:wave: Cupcake

It is wierd trying to figure out basic stuff like parking and the symbols for ride accessibility given how familiar I am with WDW. I have made dining reservations, secured a rental ECV for only $127/week, and am diligently perusing my Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. We leave in about 2 weeks! As usual, I will be by myself while my dh works but bc DL is so exotic, we will add on 2 days afterward so we can see things together. They have some great sounding stage shows which I'm especially looking forward to.

Whooo-hooo!!! Thanks for finding the guide, Sue, I appreciate it.

Btw, re GACs, I called (I want one for sun sensitivity) and was told they no longer exist. I e-mailed DL and have not heard back yet. If I don't I will check with Guest Services and wing it. I bet it is fine & am guessing that the CM was uneducated about the fact that a GAC can do more than allow a guest to use the wc accessible entrances.

:wave: Cupcake

From what I have read, they do have Guest Assistance Cards at DL, but until January, they called them Special Assistance Cards. They were basically all the same, no matter what your needs were and allowed people to use the accessible entrances. It sounded like they were based on diagnosis, rather than what needs someone actually had.
They are changing to what sounds like the same type of GAC as at WDW (based on needs). I would not expect to get a good answer calling or emailing because they are still really in flux. let us know how it turns out when you go to Guest Services and explain your needs to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter