ACK!! they are making me stay at the All Stars!!!

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
Well, after returning from our 10 day bliss filled FW stay this past October, we came home and did what every other WDW visiter does......tell the rest of the family how great this place is and that they have to go!!!!

Well, they finaly listened and want to go with us when we go in July. Ah, but there is a catch.....they don't want to camp in the July heat and want to stay at the All Stars!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I loved my stay there, but that was before my love affair with FW began. I tried convincing DH (it's his side of the family that want's to go) that they could stay at AS and we could stay at our beloved FW, but he dosen't want to seem the seperatist.

My agony is not only in my heart because i won't be staying at the most personable and all around "bestest" WDW resort, but also in my wallet!!! The 9 night stay at AS in July is costing me 3 times as much as the same stay at the same time would at FW! OUCH!!!!

AS is still a great value and i will have loads of fun and air conditioning, but it just won't be the same experience. Maybe i can convince hubby to come back next fall to FW before our AP's expire.....i wonder if WDW three times in a year is too much.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(I can hear all you locals laughing now at how rediculous that must have sounded!!!!)

- lori

Take my word for it that you will be VERY GLAD to be at allStars in July!!!!!!We went camping at FW the week oh the 4th of July in 2000 and we were m-i-s-e-r-a-b-l-e-!!!!!!!!! We have air in our pop-up and also had a fan going and we were still very uncomfortable. It was really bad AND there are very bad thunderstorms that time of the year down there and we had all kinds of trees falling around us.It was scary but the worst part of it was the EXTREME heat. We live in South Ga so we know what heat is but this was horrible and we vowed to NEVER go back in July (unless we get a free trip.) It was HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT . The parks were hot too but if you are staying at a hotel at least you can escape to the room for the hottest part of the day. We love FW also but that week was the worst ever. Did I mention how hot it was???

If you don't have AC, then I would definitely stay in a hotel. I can't imagine going to the hot, crowded parks all day and coming home to a hot RV.

We have a pop-up with AC and ours is fine all year regardless of the temp. I think our dealer put the biggest AC they could on the unit, though, so that helps.

Hi Lori,

Why not try and get everyone to put their money into the pot and stay at a cabin in Fort Wilderness instead? It's a much better value (especially if you can split the costs) it hold upto six people with air conditioning <BG>, and it has a full kitchen and then you could stay at your beloved FW. Just remind your family of the benifits of staying at FW vs the All-Stars.

Just a thought...Mmketeer

Point well taken mum4jenn, I might be complaining now about the wallet part of it, but when it's 104 in the shade i will probably be very glad for the AC. I think i will just shut up before i get them thinking they want to save the bucks too and end up in my hot little popup. (WITH NO AC!!!!!)

Your suggestion would be golden Mkeeter and we had looked into that, but there are 9 of us all together and they will only permit 6 in the cabins.

I am certainly up to any other "large group" onsite accomodation suggestions though......anybody got one of those big pullup rigs with all the posh bunk beds and kitchen in it that they want to loan a gal??!?!? (didn't think so, but it was worth a shot)

- lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter