Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

figment fan21

Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!
Welcome to my PJ for my Disney wedding and disneymoon! :wave2:

014.jpg

What we've accomplished so far!

Date - 10/2/2010
Time - 10:00am
Location - SBP
The Dress - Casablanca gown pg 1, 12, and 14
STD's - Done! pg 15
Accomodations for wedding and disneymoon - AKV and BWV :woohoo:
Hair choice - Pin-up style pg 25
Colors - navy, white, and fuschia pg 26
Brides wedding Band - still working on that
Brides Bouquet - White Roses with Pink Calla lilies pg 27
Hair and Make-up artist - Beaute Speciale
Officiant and vows - Reverend Jack Day! pg 32
Photographer - Randy Chapman!
Cake - White with navy ribbon around the bottom of each tier and fuschia gerber diasies as the cake topper

I totally forgot to share my engagement ring with you guys!!

010.jpg

I'm totally in love with it... I think it looks much better in person than it does in the picture. It sparkles alot more! (Do any of you other brides notice by the way, that when you are waiting in line for certain rides that your ring sparkle alittle extra than normal??) The center stone is a 1 carat princess cut (LOVE princess cut diamonds!:lovestruc) and there are five small diamonds on each side. It was exactly what i wanted! DFI is amazing!:cloud9:

Post a pic of the gown!!!:lovestruc
I looooove the gown.

:lovestruc*sigh*:lovestruc

I wanna plan my wedding again.:rotfl2:

I don't think Mighty Good Man would go along with that.
:confused3 I don't know why???:confused3

:rotfl:

Jo

Post a pic of the gown!!!:lovestruc
I looooove the gown.

:lovestruc*sigh*:lovestruc

I wanna plan my wedding again.:rotfl2:

I don't think Mighty Good Man would go along with that.
:confused3 I don't know why???:confused3

:rotfl:

Jo
JO!!!! I'm glad you made it over!!! :goodvibes

We'll have to talk to Mighty Good Man about some sort of VR for you guys! :thumbsup2

I hope you can stick around with me through this! It should help you pass the time until your next trip. I'll try and be as entertaining as possible.:upsidedow

Good Afternoon Ladies!

As per Jo's request i'll post some of my dress pictures! I wasn't going to post these because i'm not it in! The dress is 2 sizes to big.. bummer i know... but i got an unbelievable deal on it so i couldn't pass it up!

So here's my wedding dress story ~ I went to David's bridal with my sister and tried on almost everything there... and nothing was really jumping out at me. To be honest (and if there are any brides who've bought from them reading this don't take offense to this) I didn't feel like they were quality material... atleast most of them weren't. I did work at a dress shop in high school that did alot of prom dress sales with all designer names so i have to say that when it comes to material i can be kind of a snob...:snooty: I don't mind to be but for the money david's wanted for some of their dresses i wasn't impressed. So feeling defeated I started looking online for some dresses. I fell in love with a simone carvalli but later found out how much it was and almost fainted :eek:... they wanted how MUCH!?!?! So again feeling defeated i started looking on craigslist and on ebay. (alright i know this sounds tacky and grose buying a used dress but trust me this is worth it) As i was searching ebay (at work on work time... shhhh;)) I notices a very strange looking dress in a photo. I clicked on it and was very intrigued but couldn't figure out why! So i called me boss over and had her look at it... she was curiouse too! So she said i think this girl in the pictures is very short because this dress doesn't seem to be hanging right. So i asked the sell the maker and style number. To my surprise the dress was a Casablanca Diamond Collection dress. :banana: Not only was it a designer gown it was never worn! She bought it and decided it wasn't the dress for her... it still has the tags on it!!!!!!!!! I had done alot of research on Casablanca gowns and i loved a few of them. I Looked up the diamond collection and apparently they are rare... only a few of each style are made and distributed. So i looked up the style number and found the dress on another bride... i was floored! I fell in love instantly! :lovestruc There was no reserve on the dress and bidding was only at 2$!!!!:woohoo: I decided to watch the item.

One morning i came in and went to look up the dress to see if anyone had placed a bid and to my horro it was GONE!!! :scared:I had the girls email address and emailed her frantically asking her what happened? She told me that she wasn't sure she wanted to part with it but she'd know by the end of the weekend because she was going dress shopping again. I was so upset that i cried! (i know big baby!) So Sunday night comes and no emails.. i was convinced my gown was gone. Before bed that night i said to myself "ya know what, i'm going to check my email one more time" And low and behold... i had an email!! SHE FOUND A NEW DRESS!!! :dance3:She said she'd put it back on ebay in the morning and send me the listing link!

The next morning I had an email from her and clicked on the link. Something was different... she had a buy it now or best offer option!!! I was sad again... there was no longer a no reserve bidding war going on. The buy it now price was 600$... If i wanted to spend that i would've gotten a dress at Davids. Sadly i looked over at my boss and told her the bad news. She said "well, how much are you willing to spend?" I told her 325$ she said "well make her an offer... worse case senario she says no to the offer and you know to start looking again." So i throw in the offer. My day goes by and i check a few patients in.. make a few appointments... and then decide to check my email... 1 new mail... from ebay... i open it... and it says... CONGRATS! YOU'VE WON THE CASABLANCA WEDDING GOWN!!!.... I couldn't believe it! I started jumping up and down and yelling "I won, I won, I won!" :yay:

Thats the story of my dress... I tried it on in work...hahaha... and it is too big but not too bad. I need it taken in at the bust and hips.

Well here it is......
001.jpg

the front

002.jpg

the front again

003.jpg

the front detail

005.jpg

the back

006.jpg

the back detail

007.jpg

more of the back

008.jpg

the bottom of the train

Well thats it on my bed :laughing: i should be getting it fitted soon... i don't want to do it too soon but my aunt knows a tailor and he said we could just do the bustle for not and pin the bust and hip area and then i'd come in again when it gets closer and the do the final alterations. We'll see though... i'll keep you girls informed!

P.s. 1 year 6 months and 17 days!!!

I swear, I love it.:lovestruc

That's the gown I'd want if I were to do it all over again.

Cinderella Katiebug.

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Jo

PS---:confused3 how the heck did I start calling you Katiebug???? I just think of you and think "Katiebug":rotfl: Sort of like a lil' sis!:hug: Awwww.

I swear, I love it.:lovestruc

That's the gown I'd want if I were to do it all over again.

Cinderella Katiebug.

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Jo

PS---:confused3 how the heck did I start calling you Katiebug???? I just think of you and think "Katiebug":rotfl: Sort of like a lil' sis!:hug: Awwww.

Awe, JO!!! :hug:

You're so sweet! I love that you call me katiebug! I have alot of nicknames but this is one of my favorites! :goodvibes

I'm so glad you love it.... I haven't been able to show too many people it so hearing you say you like it makes me feel awesome! :cloud9: I really really love it. It looks so much better on... well if it fit it would! :rotfl2:

I just can't wait to do this. I know it sounds cliche but DFI is so amazing. I'm going to post some home removation pictures soon but we did it all ourselves (when i say us i really mean mostly him:rolleyes1) and just watching how he takes care of the house stuff and me it just makes me so happy. I guess i'm not really explaining it to well. Bottom line, with the hott mess that is my family, i know i can always count on him and he'll always be there. He's the love of my life.

Ok enough sappy stuff!

Jo thanks again for sticking with me! :hug:

I've just had a peek at your PJ- I think a birdcage veil would look beautiful with your dress! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxox

I've just had a peek at your PJ- I think a birdcage veil would look beautiful with your dress! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxox

Awe thats for stopping by Bob!!! :woohoo:

I really like the birdcage veil... i'm going to have to try a birdcage veil with it. I have no idea what to do with my hair/veil situation! I haven't even thought about it to be honest. i've just seen some birdcage veils and thought they seemed really vintage and i love vintage! :goodvibes But we'll see, i think i'm going to start surfing the internet for some hair styles i might like. I'll post some i like later!:thumbsup2

Just got out of a nice hott shower... ahhhhh! :goodvibes(DFI calls me a lizard because my showers are so hot:laughing:) I'm feeling very wedding oriented tonight so i'm going to start looking for some jewelry to wear with my dress. I'm going to save the hair for a later date. I'll post any jewelry i like.. if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know! I'm open to any advice! :thumbsup2

Hey to another New England bride!! :banana:And October to boot!!

The dress is absolutely breathtaking. SO elegant and perfect for a fall New England wedding. And it was meant for you after all that Ebay drama!!

Welcome to the DISBrides! I'm looking forward to reading along with your planning! :goodvibes

Hey to another New England bride!! :banana:And October to boot!!

The dress is absolutely breathtaking. SO elegant and perfect for a fall New England wedding. And it was meant for you after all that Ebay drama!!

Welcome to the DISBrides! I'm looking forward to reading along with your planning! :goodvibes

Hey meg!!!

first of all..... GO PATS!!!!!:cheer2:

I'm a huge fan! Always have been.. even before super bowl rings! No band wagoner's here!

Anyway I noticed you were formaly from worcester! DFI and I grew up on the north shore! Thenwe made the move up north too... just not as far as you! You're WAYYYY up there! :rotfl2:

I'm glad you popped in and i hope you'll stick with me! :goodvibes

Hey meg!!!

first of all..... GO PATS!!!!!:cheer2:

I'm a huge fan! Always have been.. even before super bowl rings! No band wagoner's here!

Anyway I noticed you were formaly from worcester! DFI and I grew up on the north shore! Thenwe made the move up north too... just not as far as you! You're WAYYYY up there! :rotfl2:

I'm glad you popped in and i hope you'll stick with me! :goodvibes

WOOT WOOT!! A Patriots fan! Oh now you know I'll be here all the way! :woohoo:I've been a fan since the Super Bowl in 1986 - I was all of 4, but it's one of my earliest memories!

My DF actually grew up in Rye/Portsmouth, NH! Small world huh?

Trust me - wayyyyyyy too far up here! After I graduate from UMaine next year, we're coming back south - hopefully around Portland or ME/NH border. :thumbsup2

About your jewelry ideas - I think #3 is perfect. It seems to match your dress perfectly. I agree with the 2nd one not being enough wow.

But keep looking around on Ebay - with how that dress came to you, you never know about the jewelry... :flower3:

WOOT WOOT!! A Patriots fan! Oh now you know I'll be here all the way! :woohoo:I've been a fan since the Super Bowl in 1986 - I was all of 4, but it's one of my earliest memories!

My DF actually grew up in Rye/Portsmouth, NH! Small world huh?

Trust me - wayyyyyyy too far up here! After I graduate from UMaine next year, we're coming back south - hopefully around Portland or ME/NH border. :thumbsup2

About your jewelry ideas - I think #3 is perfect. It seems to match your dress perfectly. I agree with the 2nd one not being enough wow.

But keep looking around on Ebay - with how that dress came to you, you never know about the jewelry... :flower3:

MEG!!!

DFI and I take the dogs walking around RYE all the time! (we also like driving around looking at those mansion by the water!) :cloud9: In another life i'll buy a mansion. Very small world though! I have to say i like where we are.... i'm 15 mins from kittery... Love those outlets! the beaches are 5 mins from my house, and i still am able to keep my job in MA. :thumbsup2

Anyway back to jewelry... i'm leaning towards number 3. I think it'd match too... but we have a year and a half... i'm not going to jump into anything. One thing i've learned from this whole dress thing is that if something is meant to be it'll be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter