Add on experiences, please help!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
We are looking to do a possible add on at Vero Beach......but won't atually be back at WDW until Nov 2003. Does anyone know whether the resort is likely to have sold out by then? Has anyone done an add on via the phone from here?? How did it work out? Am I best doing it through Disney or resale? Would love to hear all your experiences as feeling a bit nervous about not doing it 'face to face'! Thanks

Buying through Disney - easy as pie. In fact, a bit too easy ;) Probably no more than a five minute phone call and you can pay by credit card. Wait for the papers to delivered - very obvious where you sign etc, and they provide the envelope to return them in.

Buying a resale you may not be able to pay by credit card, you may have to transfer the money via your bank which costs about £40 (the receiving bank charges as well!) and you will probably have to do that twice - deposit then balance. You will also have to work out the best (and cheapest) way to send your papers back.

Our resale agent was very helpful, but they don't hold your hand through it like Disney do. Then again Disney charge you more money for this privilege!

As for whether Vero Beach will be sold out if you wait till next year, judging from comments on the US DVC board I would doubt it. But if you don't want take the chance, buying over the phone with who ever you choose won't be too daunting. :D

We bought our original DVC purchase and an add-on all over the phone direct with Disney - it couldn't have been easier! Disney are obviously very used to dealing with purchases this way, brokers may not be so familiar with overseas buyers. We only added on 25 points, so it was too small an amount to go for a resale, otherwise I would have been tempted to try that way. I'm sure all the brokers will try to help you part with your money in the easiest way ;).

I think maybe one factor to consider when trying to judge whether Vero will sell out soon may be how quickly BCV sells out. If there is a time in the near future when Vero is the only DVC property for sale (apart from resales), then it may sell more quickly than at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter