"Add-on-itis": Great deal done today!

swich2mac

Mouseketeer
I got a GREAT "Add-on" deal today that I thought that I would share in case there were others who were dealing with the same possible scenario. I Purchase 150 points into SSR on Jan.31 at the $83.3 per point F&F promo. I called my guide back today to add 50 points and asked that since my contract had not yet been counter executed by Disney, that I would like the same F&F price point promo that was applied to my initial allotment. He was very accommodating and made it happen. So, I am now the proud owner of 200 points all under the existing F&F promo, hooray!

Congratulations! That's great! I was offered the same thing when I decided I wanted some more points added to my original 150 points at SSR, a few days after I signed my contract. For me, I chose to add on at VWL because I wanted a guaranteed stay there during Christmas. What you did is the best way to take advantage of the low price deal we got.

I want to add on also. I called my guide last Friday and left him a message (I had a few questions). He call me back (left me a message) answered all of my questions except for my add on question. Our contract was dated 1/24/06 and I sent in the papers about three weeks ago, do you think I can still add on at the F&F promo rate? I called my guide today and his voice mail said he is not in the office today... should I leave him a message or try and talk to someone else about this?

poohbear158 said:
I want to add on also. I called my guide last Friday and left him a message (I had a few questions). He call me back (left me a message) answered all of my questions except for my add on question. Our contract was dated 1/24/06 and I sent in the papers about three weeks ago, do you think I can still add on at the F&F promo rate? I called my guide today and his voice mail said he is not in the office today... should I leave him a message or try and talk to someone else about this?

I had asked my guide the same thing about adding on. He told me decide how many points we want, hold off on making the "balance due" payment until we know for sure, that way they couldn't close on us. He also said if we wanted we could do the add-on as a seperate contract. We'd rather do it that way so if anything happened down the road and we had to liquidate or didn't need so many points we could sell off the smaller contract instead of having to get rid of all of it.

We did the same exact thing! We actually got our contract and decided to bring it to them in person since we only live an hour away. While waiting for the guide I convinced DH to buy the add'l 50 points since I knew (from these boards) they would honor the discount. :rotfl:

Is it still possible to get the F&F (what does that mean?) discount now? Took the DVC tour this week and have until midnight Saturday to buy into SSR with their current promotions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter