Add-On Questions

Opie100

DIS Veteran
Suppose I have the grandfathered DVC discount on a 100-point ownership, and I buy a resale for the same use year (at a different resort), and thus maintain my one membership number. Can I assume that DVC will maintain my DVC Y status on my membership number?

Also, am I correct that the only benefit, in my situation, buying directly from Disney for the add-on would be to gain the ability to book Riviera with those points at 7-months (like I can with my existing points)? For a 50-point contract, $4500 seems like a lot extra for that benefit.

Suppose I have the grandfathered DVC discount on a 100-point ownership, and I buy a resale for the same use year (at a different resort), and thus maintain my one membership number. Can I assume that DVC will maintain my DVC Y status on my membership number?

Also, am I correct that the only benefit, in my situation, buying directly from Disney for the add-on would be to gain the ability to book Riviera with those points at 7-months (like I can with my existing points)? For a 50-point contract, $4500 seems like a lot extra for that benefit.
You will maintain DVC-Y.

The only benefit in your case would be the ability to book Riviera, Villas at Disneyland Hotel and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness with those 50 points since you already qualify for membership extras.

Yes to both.

First you already qualified so as long as you don't sell that 100 point contract you will continue with the blue card /membership extras /dvc y /whatever else people call it these days.

Second yes the only advantage would be to use it to stay at RIV, VDH or the new cabins at FT Wilderness.

Just to add if you were to sell your 100 pointer and you wanted the benefits back you would have to buy the number that qualifies. As it stands today that is 150 total points. (If you had purchased the 50 direct then you would only need to buy 100 at that point) However if you are planning on adding on I assume you would just hold on to the 100 that already qualifies for anyway and you can save some cash via the resale route :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter