• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add one feature/change one thing from each resort to make it perfect

lowlight

DIS Veteran
If you could make one reasonable (realistic) change to each DVC resort to make it better, what would you change?

For me-

Riviera- add a pedestrian bridge over Lake Buena Vista drive to new Epcot entrance at rear of Italy area. Skyline is awesome, but sometimes you wanna walk.

OKW- make it a golf cart community. Make it easy to rent, use, and park a golf cart anywhere on property. It’s next to a golf course after all and the bus system is painful.

Polynesian- Add noise dampening materials in the walls.

Bay Lake Tower- Skybridge to CR is nice, but it needs a restaurant of its own with to go.

Beach Club- Add a Skyliner from IG to Hollywood Studio’s.

AKV- skyliner to AK of course.

These are just a few thoughts I had that will never be done for various reasons, but would get rid of a con or two of resorts I love. Anyone else have any ideas?

VGF-DD says a covered walkway from the original VGF to Gasparilla Grill that is outside. I say more GF merchandise at the resort.

CCR-DD says more food options at the resort in general but she is a picky eater. I say reconnect the pathway to FWC and return the horse and carriage ride between the two.

For both DH says add shade/covering over the boat dock waiting area. They sit out on the water and in the summer it can feel excessive with the sun beating down on you.

For both DH says add shade/covering over the boat dock waiting area. They sit out on the water and in the summer it can feel excessive with the sun beating down on you.
I agree with this for a lot of the water area around 7 Seas. Shade would make it so nice to sit at.

Add another bank of elevators at the far end of the Boardwalk!
Wishful thinking I know….

You aren’t kidding. Stairs are nice if you can use them, but that’s a long two corridor walk to the elevators.

BWV/BWI - Add a food court that could be accessed from inside the resort.

Yes. 100%. I was disappointed Carousel Coffee is so limited in time open and selection.

If you could make one reasonable (realistic) change to each DVC resort to make it better, what would you change?

For me-

Beach Club- Add a Skyliner from IG to Hollywood Studio’s.

These are just a few thoughts I had that will never be done for various reasons, but would get rid of a con or two of resorts I love. Anyone else have any ideas?
Doesn't the skyliner go from IG to HS?
We always just walk to both Epcot and HS when we stay BC/YC/BW so I've never been on the skyliner but I thought it's entire purpose was to connect those two parks (and a few of the resorts).

Doesn't the skyliner go from IG to HS?
We always just walk to both Epcot and HS when we stay BC/YC/BW so I've never been on the skyliner but I thought it's entire purpose was to connect those two parks (and a few of the resorts).

Yes, I guess technically via Caribbean Beach hub. I meant more direct from IG to HS.

Yes, I guess technically via Caribbean Beach hub. I meant more direct from IG to HS.
I really don't know anything about the different routes. Like I said, I've never used the Skyliner. Is it similar to how you have to switch to a different monorail at TTC to get from Magic Kingdom to Epcot?

I really don't know anything about the different routes. Like I said, I've never used the Skyliner. Is it similar to how you have to switch to a different monorail at TTC to get from Magic Kingdom to Epcot?

It’s been awhile since I did that route, but IIRC, you take it from IG to Riviera to CBR hub where you have to get off, and then on another to HS. I remember it being quite long.

It’s been awhile since I did that route, but IIRC, you take it from IG to Riviera to CBR hub where you have to get off, and then on another to HS. I remember it being quite long.
Well now I completely understand your comment about BC in the original post :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter