Adding on Direct

tinks624

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this question has probably been asked a bunch if times but I couldn't find an answer. Let's say I purchase a resale contract then decide to buy direct, I know it is a 75 point buy in, but what is the minimum owner amount to be able to purchase direct. Or is there even a minimum?
Thanks!

Most are 100 for new DVC Owners and 25 for current DVC Owners (even if resale). Some are 100 point minimum even for current owners. See the link

Last edited:

If you are buying to get the DVC perks that you lost by purchasing resale, you need to buy 75 points direct at a minimum. If you just need a few more points, you should be able to add 25 or more.

Actually I think I worded it wrong. Is there a minimum amount of points an owner must have in order to purchase an add on contract direct? Like if someone purchases a 50 point contract resale can they purchase additional points direct?

Actually I think I worded it wrong. Is there a minimum amount of points an owner must have in order to purchase an add on contract direct? Like if someone purchases a 50 point contract resale can they purchase additional points direct?
A minimum of 25 points to add on.

A minimum of 25 points to add on.

A member is a member for purposes of buying direct! No minimum number of points required! (Meaning you don’t have to own a minimum number of points. I’m sure that if somehow you managed to buy 10 points resale, they’d be happy to sell you as many points as you wanted direct!)

You just have to own points. You could buy a 25 points resale contract and then be able to add on at the owner minimum which is 25 points at most locations. I believe for CCV it's 50 points though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter