Address problem AGAIN!!!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
Some of you may recall a previous post about MS not having my husband's proper address on record. We live in Massachusetts and MS had him listed to be living in Dallas GA!!! I only realized this when we never recieved our member dues bill!!

Long story short..........I sent letters and emails. Paid my dues............although late due to not getting a bill...........sent another letter when I got a late payment bill from MS with copies of the bill and wrong address etc................Well, I was told it was fixed!!

LOL!!!

So, today, while at work, I get a call on my cell with a 407 area code!! Hmmmm..........I stopped to answer it!! It was a woman with DVC but not from MS! She was from a department that handles 'problems' with accounts!! I got nervous and thought...........OH No, my reservation is messed up and we leave in a few weeks!!! NO, that was not it.

Problem was............they had my husband listed as now living in Chicago, IL!!! It was brought to this woman's attention when a man called saying he kept getting my husbands mail!!! She was very apologetic and nice and I was in the middle of working with a patient so I could not really have her elaborate. She assured me it will be rectified and my DH's address will be the same as mine!!

Now, since it is later in the day and I am winding down, I am thinking.........or should I say, my mind is wandering!!! IDENTITY FRAUD!!! UGH!! I checked last time because I got paranoid and our credit checked out fine...............now I have to run a credit check again!!! And I think, this time, I am responsible to pay for it (I used a free one last time).

So.............please check to ensure your address is correct with DVC!!! I haven't got a clue as to how or why this has happened to us (not once but twice)!!! I guess I should have paid more attention to me not receiving mail from DVC!!!

Hey, did I miss any good mailings??? Like pins, bags, posters etc??? If so, I want to try to get one..............unless it is in GA or IL!! LOL!!

Same thing happened to us, except it occurred when our info was entered after buying our contract. So someone else got our welcome packet, etc. Grrr.

It seems to be fixed now, but thanks for the heads up - I guess we'll have to keep an eye on it!

Is the address info you see through the DVC member website the one they see at Member Services, or do they have a different database?

I really am not sure if they use the same database. My profile on the DVC member website has our correct address.........I was assured by MS that they had my DH with the correct address.............I was told by the DVC management company who send us the bill that they rectified the situation and had our correct address....................BUt, I still got a call because it was not correct!!! I do have to give them some credit as they did change it from GA to IL!! LOL!! I am not sure exactly what department this woman came from that called!!! I wish I had more time to speak with her and have her elaborate but my patients had to come first!

I am happy they people in chicago that have been getting our mail called to inform them or else I would have never known and just took DVC MS and management departments word for it!!

I really am not sure if they use the same database. My profile on the DVC member website has our correct address.........I was assured by MS that they had my DH with the correct address.............I was told by the DVC management company who send us the bill that they rectified the situation and had our correct address....................BUt, I still got a call because it was not correct!!! I do have to give them some credit as they did change it from GA to IL!! LOL!! I am not sure exactly what department this woman came from that called!!! I wish I had more time to speak with her and have her elaborate but my patients had to come first!

I am happy they people in chicago that have been getting our mail called to inform them or else I would have never known and just took DVC MS and management departments word for it!!

What a mess! :sad2:

I'm glad it was resolved...hopefully for good this time!

I think that would be frustrating. I hope it's corrected. Good thing to check your credit report. You just never know.

I had a similar problem once with my 401K. I changed my adress by photo-copying a recent mailing, crossing out the old and writing in my new address. I thought I was making it simple for the company to change. For six months afterwards I got another woman's statement with her name and my address on the envelope. It took forever to straighten out and I'm sure the other woman didn't know what was going on.

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you have had over this very easily correctible situation.

Just FYI, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/freereports.shtm) you can get 1 free credit report per year (www.annualcreditreport.com) from each of the 3 major consumer reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). We run 1 every 4 months, rotating between the 3 agencies, so we always have a good picture of where things stand.

You may want to do one just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter