Adjusting to "Disney dining"

In my opinion, the nicest thing to do is have one sit down reservation per day. This is the consensus of when I go with my whole family (10+ people), or when I just go with my boyfriend. (please keep in mind, I don't have any kids).

The parks are crazy hectic, and it's nice to put aside even an hour to be inside in a relatively quieter place to sit for a second, because there isn't really much time for that if you're in the parks all day.

If you have young children, maybe leaving the park to go to another resort to eat isn't the best plan, but then again maybe it is, just to have a quieter moment (we always HAVE TO eat at Kona and GFC). We will take Ubers to get between hotels, because we don't stay at the Poly or GF and usually reserve those two for breakfast. Then it's easy to take the monorail to get to one of those hotels from MK and/or Epcot. The restaurants in the parks are great, too. I'd look at menus and stuff to determine what your fam will like best.

But I would recommend one sit-down/day. When I just go with my boyfriend, we never do signature dining, and stick to the $$ places to keep cost down. Adults can also order kids meals at quick services for themselves, and they're good portion for us, so we do the kids' meal hack to keep our costs down, too.

I would say since there are only 4 of you going, it won't be too bad to get a reservation the day before or day of. You might not get the most popular places, or exactly the time you want to eat at, but it's definitely possible. I'll rave about GFC forever, and it's so easy to get in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter