Admin Please Close Thread.

I can't imagine you've save a lot of money with your own butter churner--cream is expensive. I do want to get myself one of those butter keepers that you keep on the counter, so your butter's always soft.

Do they make a meat grinder attachment for a Kitchenaid? They must...

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a meat slicer too! I had one forever but sold years ago at garage sale because I never used it. Then I started bulk buying my Taylor Pork Roll to save money and needed to get another meat slicer. I slice other roasts and ham too! And for Christmas I got my first ever toaster oven - I use it more than my microwave. I think it is the city version of a homesteader.

And the money I save goes into my Disney pot. :mickeyjum
The toaster oven I get ... cuz I am not a huge microwave fan either ...
A meat slicer ... I haven't used one since working at K-mart (in the deli - oh that ham was amazing) and Subway in my youth ... there is something cathartic about using a meat slicer ... so that I can get behind ...
Will stand firm on meat grinders and butter churners - way too much work ...

I can't imagine you've save a lot of money with your own butter churner--cream is expensive. I do want to get myself one of those butter keepers that you keep on the counter, so your butter's always soft.

Have the butter keeper - and won't go back ...

yes they do-well worth it.

never heard of a butter keeper but my brother's stove has some kind of setting on it marked 'soften' for butter.

yes they do-well worth it.

never heard of a butter keeper but my brother's stove has some kind of setting on it marked 'soften' for butter.
I can firmly say ... its not the burners :) (and yes, I thought it was good idea)

I don't have a butter churner, I just found out about them because pages ago folks were talking about a churner, so I googled and there it came up. I'm on the fence because I'm picky about taste and afraid it might not taste as good. BUT at one point our butter was $6 a lb and creamer MUCH cheaper so I might just watch butter prices.

They do make the attachment for the Kitchenaid and I considered it. BUT I was able to get a really good meat grinder stacking sale/coupons for much less. And I can keep the meat apart from the baking stuff. I also never let my food touch when younger so maybe that comes in to play.

when your microwave gets ready to leave this world check out the microwave/convection oven combos-it's like having a microwave, toaster oven and giant air fryer all in one!
OH I WISH. Renovated kitchen 6 years ago and drooled over it but the cost was so high. We were keeping our cabinets so I was working with a smaller width and there was only one. I was already way over budget on my oven/stove because going in island only one had downdraft and stupid price. That micro looked amazing. My toaster oven is a toaster, oven, air fry and "grill".

I'm going to be weirdo here, but I will absolutely go into some debt to spend what time I have on this planet spending fun time with family. I've seen too many "in memorium" posts on my employer's internal employee intranet site... Either people who retired less than 5 years ago or the poor people that literally died in harness. Heck with that.
Just keep in mind what that trip costs you with interest. There is no free lunch and at some point you have to pay for it... which comes at the expense of future spending.

Since this is an anything goes now...be careful what you post. The DIS made CNBC! They linked to one of our threads! I feel kind of famous bwahaha. I made a separate thread, but

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/03/how...sney-world-its-complicated-say-some-fans.html
How, and I say this with no ill intent, did CNBC find that one thread out of thousands of threads that would have a heck of a lot more discussion going on them?! And where has CNBC been this whole time since Genie+/ILL was introduced? They missed some really good threads I feel like.

BUT you're famous now :jumping1:

How, and I say this with no ill intent, did CNBC find that one thread out of thousands of threads that would have a heck of a lot more discussion going on them?! And where has CNBC been this whole time since Genie+/ILL was introduced? They missed some really good threads I feel like.

Exactly!! WTH! I was shocked when I clicked on it! It actually made me feel weird - like our small close knit community bubble just got burst! 🤣

Good thing it wasn't this one lmao

I was thinking the same thing - and its like from yesterday ...
Considering the parent company is NBCUniversal and the nature of the article ... and everything else that's going on and that Universal was recently trolling Disney on social - not entirely surprising I suppose

Exactly!! WTH! I was shocked when I clicked on it! It actually made me feel weird - like our small close knit community bubble just got burst! 🤣

Good thing it wasn't this one lmao
It's been a few years but one time my husband googled something and a thread that I commented on popped up and he read it! It felt so intrusive (joking but slightly not) like "get out, this is MY space" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter