Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

OK I ADMIT IT! I have resorted to physical violence before! Put the waterboarding away!

I had just found out I was pregnant while at Disney. We were at Animal Kingdom in the exploration trails around the tigers. We were all looking through the glass with this 20-something girl comes from behind us and forces her way to the front. She literally climbs up my back to see the tiger. This resulted in my face pressed up against the glass and my belly being mashed up against the barrier. I flipping lost it! We had tried so hard to become pregnant and this careless little witch tried to destroy that? (That was what was raging in my mind at the time). So when she moved on to the next glass pane, I went up behind her to see the tiger, she looked at me and smiled and I shoved her head against the glass...twice. And I flipped her off. She got irrate and her friend wanted to know why I did that (she witnessed her acting like a maniac over freaking tigers). When I explained to her about my pregnancy, she went into panic mode and apologized and said "she is crazy". I told the friend, "You have nothing to apologize for. You didn't do this. But maybe you should put a leash on her".

OK, I feel better...I admit it, I have been rude, even violent. But I felt I was in the right. And I really do try to not be that rude person.

You hit someone's head against the glass and flipped because they squashed you a little and you're the one in the right here? You had a temper tantrum!

I get extremely frustrated with people that aimlessly wander around or stand in the way of where I want to go. If you want to stop and talk, or wait for someone to come out of the restroom, fine. But, don't do it in the middle of a narrow path that is already handling more people than ever intended.

I definitely get myself right in behind her as she uses that stroller to carve a path. Am I enabling bad stroller behavior?

Unless you're shouting in her ear "Go Faster! Go Faster!" you aren't enabling her behavior, you're just taking advantage of an opportunity. If you were both cars, it would be called drafting, and you'd be considered smart for doing it. :thumbsup2

I never park where I'm told.

As a local I know what time to get to the parks that affords front parking space access. I will go where I want to go even if yelled at. DHS parking attendants will chase you down, BTW. Call their bluffs. Ask for their name, perner number, and who there team lead is. This scares them off.

I never park where I'm told.

As a local I know what time to get to the parks that affords front parking space access. I will go where I want to go even if yelled at. DHS parking attendants will chase you down, BTW. Call their bluffs. Ask for their name, perner number, and who there team lead is. This scares them off.

Wow, if you were East Indian, I'd think you were the guy we saw hollering at a cast member and accusing him of racism for daring to tell him where to park. Not a magical way to begin our day, and I felt horrible for the poor kid getting yelled at.

I dont care where you park, but please tell me you don't yell at the cast members for trying to do their job?

What exactly does she have to say to satisfy you? She's posting in a confessional thread about bad behaviour. She's acknowledged what she did was wrong and says it was out of character. She hasn't claimed her actions were justified, only that she 'snapped' out of fear for her pregnancy, however unfounded that fear might have been.

Instead of piling on, why not share one of your own less than magical moments? For extra credit, actually make it about a time you were rude to someone else, instead of a time someone was rude to you and you gave them what they had coming. ;)

Wow, if you were East Indian, I'd think you were the guy we saw hollering at a cast member and accusing him of racism for daring to tell him where to park. Not a magical way to begin our day, and I felt horrible for the poor kid getting yelled at.

I dont care where you park, but please tell me you don't yell at the cast members for trying to do their job?
So in one case a person is "piling on" by judging someone else's rudeness, but aren't you doing this exact same thing in the second quote?

OK I ADMIT IT! I have resorted to physical violence before! Put the waterboarding away!

I had just found out I was pregnant while at Disney. We were at Animal Kingdom in the exploration trails around the tigers. We were all looking through the glass with this 20-something girl comes from behind us and forces her way to the front. She literally climbs up my back to see the tiger. This resulted in my face pressed up against the glass and my belly being mashed up against the barrier. I flipping lost it! We had tried so hard to become pregnant and this careless little witch tried to destroy that? (That was what was raging in my mind at the time). So when she moved on to the next glass pane, I went up behind her to see the tiger, she looked at me and smiled and I shoved her head against the glass...twice. And I flipped her off. She got irrate and her friend wanted to know why I did that (she witnessed her acting like a maniac over freaking tigers). When I explained to her about my pregnancy, she went into panic mode and apologized and said "she is crazy". I told the friend, "You have nothing to apologize for. You didn't do this. But maybe you should put a leash on her".

OK, I feel better...I admit it, I have been rude, even violent. But I felt I was in the right. And I really do try to not be that rude person.

You assaulted someone by pushing their head into a window? Really? Wow. Are you teaching your kid that kind of behaviour is normal and acceptable? That's horrible. Absolutely horrible.

So in one case a person is "piling on" by judging someone else's rudeness, but aren't you doing this exact same thing in the second quote?

I didn't tell him he was rude, criminal, etc, etc, and mine wasn't sixth post in a row saying the exact same thing. I just asked him to please tell me he's not as bad as the person in the incident I witnessed.

I really hope he's not a bully, and I'm hoping he says he's not. Asking for clarification is a bit different from just telling people they're horrible and then affirming your right to an opinion. I try (sometimes unsuccesfully) not to just go about berating people. ;)

This one still haunts me nine years later... My then 12-year old daughter and I were walking quickly through the Magic Kingdom to meet up with my husband and sons. It had just finished raining. We were talking and laughing and not paying a lot of attention to where we were walking. Well, my daughter hit a puddle in flip flops, and the water splashed so far. It hit a man wearing shorts, so his lower legs were wet. As my mortified daughter tried to apologize, he started screaming about us being white trash and that it wasn't funny. I don't know if he heard us laughing about something totally unrelated just before it happened or what. She kept trying to apologize, but he just kept screaming. She was in tears and I was close, so we just walked on and tried our best to ignore him. I know that we should have been paying more attention to where we were walking, but it really was completely accidental.

I have another one. We were in the Animation Building at DHS and DS was playing on the computer while DH and DD stood in line for Sorcerer Mickey. I was sitting on a bench watching DS and, didn't realize it at the time, but was getting sick. I was destined to wake up the next morning with 102 temp - hooray! Anyway, all of a sudden DS starts crying loudly and I see that there's a man leaning over him on the same computer with him coloring in the picture. I stomped over and assumed that the man had just pushed his way to the computer because DS was little, so I let him have it. I yelled at him for being rude and told him to leave my son alone. He tried to say something to me, but didn't speak English and I couldn't understand him, so he walked away. After DS calmed down I learned that the man had actually been trying to help DS because he was too short to reach everything. DS had flipped out because the man hadn't been picking the colors my son had been asking for, presumably because of the language barrier. I felt terrible, but couldn't find the guy to apologize to. I was totally the rude guest.

I am beginning to think this is a regional thing. As I said in another reply here, I made it through almost 50 years of life without ever hearing this is rude behavior. Every local parade, festival, outdoor concert, etc. I've been to has many children on their parents' shoulders. I've never considered it rude, nor has anyone I know.

That said, your opinion is far from uncommon. That leads me to believe this is a hyper-local thing where it is accepted behavior in some locales, but not in others.

I'd only say it's "hyper-local" in the sense that the crowds at the MK are huge, and tightly packed to watch evening shows. Of course when people are spread out, whether at a festival or amusement park or whatever, it's not a big deal to have a child on shoulders, because it's easy to move a little if the child is blocking someone else's view of a stage, or fireworks, or whatever.

But if I am standing with a bunch of other people, closely packed so that I can't shift elsewhere for another view, and you put your child on your shoulders so that I CANNOT SEE the show, how could that ever NOT be construed as rude? It's okay for you to make me miss the show, so that your child has a good view?

So "region" has nothing to do with it, IMHO. Wherever you are, if putting your child on your shoulders blocks the view of someone else, and they can't move to another location, then it's rude.

Last edited:
... 2. When I'm ready to leave a park and I'm tired and its crowded, I sometimes look to see if I can find a Mom pushing one of those big double wide strollers. You know the type of Mom I'm talking about. She's beyond tired, at the end of her rope, and is walking fast and pushing that stroller as hard as she can. She's telling her kids to be quiet, to stop crying and at the same time having a go at anyone in front of her. I then slip in behind her and basically just slipstream my way out of the park. I'm not a scary looking person and I try not to get right up on her heels so no danger that I might frighten her. But I definitely get myself right in behind her as she uses that stroller to carve a path. Am I enabling bad stroller behavior? Possibly. But I figure that she is going to do what she is going to do regardless. It really does get me out of the park fast. I probably shave at least 15 minutes off my exit. Is it worthwhile? It always seems to be at the time. When you're tired and ready to get back to your room, it's really tempting to follow the leader.

This is me. And I expect ppl to do just what you describe. I cut a wide swath and can get things moving quickly. BUT most of the time I'm actually really nice about it and don't bump into anyone, but seeing a woman pushing the cadillac of buggies loaded up with kids is enough to have (almost) anyone running for the hills.

My rudeness was last trip - let me preface this by saying I was in a less than stellar mood b/c it was the worst trip ever and shortly before we'd lost our 7yr old DD at BOG - she didn't come out with us, but the CM didn't believe me that I was missing a child and needed to go back in (In her defence there were some amazing stories guests were telling to try to sneak in...) So I had a distraught DD and I was frazzled, and then my 6yr old said she wasn't feeling well.

So we decided to skip the MSEP and just leave. But when we got to the hub in front of the castle CMs were clearing everyone off the street, there was a man standing on the ramp taking a picture (remember cadillac of buggies, loaded with 4 children this thing NEEDs a ramp or it's not getting up there), the CMs asked him several times to move, he didn't. So I moved him. Though in hindsight, I wish I'd waited for him - my DD then proceeded to vomit everywhere. If we'd have waited, he'd have been covered.
Not cool on my part, and a small part of me feels badly, but he blocked my way at precisely the wrong moment. Any other chain of events and I likely would have waited the 2 seconds it would have taken to take the picture.

We use a tap card system, with readers at every door, and people are often really awesome about making room at the back. People will even get off and hold the door open, while everyone else jams in. It makes good sense when you're getting off in a couple stops, because when you get back on, you're still close to the exit.

My husband grumbles about people on disney busses who block the aisles and refuse to move back, make room, get cozy, etc. He says the same thing you do - were all going to the same place, so why does it matter if you're near the exit? You're not going to miss your stop! One of these days he might say it loud enough to be heard by more than just me. ;)

Unfortunately, this is not always the case, especially when going back to a resort hotel from a park or Downtown Disney. When my dd was about 3, we took a bus back to the Poly from Downtown Disney. By the time we had stopped at Typhoon Lagoon, it was standing room only, with folks going to Poly and GF (and maybe even WL, I don't remember for sure...but definitely the other two). We were sitting, with my DD in my lap, right between the 2 sets of doors. We got back to the Poly, and I had to almost fight my way off, as everybody just stood there. I got quite snippy with the driver, as he was letting the new people ON the bus immediately, not allowing any of us to get off. I fought my way to the front, looked at the driver, and said something to the effect of "Excuse me, can I PLEASE get my daughter and I off of this bus...NOW????"

What exactly does she have to say to satisfy you? She's posting in a confessional thread about bad behaviour. She's acknowledged what she did was wrong and says it was out of character. She hasn't claimed her actions were justified, only that she 'snapped' out of fear for her pregnancy, however unfounded that fear might have been.

Instead of piling on, why not share one of your own less than magical moments? For extra credit, actually make it about a time you were rude to someone else, instead of a time someone was rude to you and you gave them what they had coming. ;)

She kind of has tried to justify her actions. I think she said she enjoyed slamming the woman's head against the glass. I think between that and the "Lols" in her posts it does read like she thinks she was justified and maybe even proud of herself.

Last edited:
I had special seating for fantasmic back in 2013, as part of the platinum plan. We went up to the cast member who told us "you need to be here earlier for dining passes or FP+ to Fantasmic.. You are not on my list as a special guest, which employee are you here with?" She pointed us to the lines and basically was done with us. She had a clipboard with special guests listed on it and apparently we were not listed even though we had contacted guest services months before to reserve our spot that day. I would not have it, and was tired of CMs not knowing about the platinum plan. I argued, showed her our pass and how it says to arrive 30 min before. It was dark and while she had a flashlight it was hard to see. She was not familiar with the Platinum plan. She called over a supervisor and I stood my ground because the plan we were on included it and I wanted to see the show. ( we typically go every 5 years, and the last 2 trips, fantasmic had been rained out, and before that's my last trip was 1999...and I did not see it then.)

I could tell the manager switched into 'dealing with a rude customer mode' and calmly tried to tell me we could try again tomorrow, but I kept saying no, we had reserved today and I expected to be accommodated, our pass was for that day. Eventually we were allowed into the FP+ section, but not the Platinum plan section, wherever that was, and we saw the show, but I was grumpy till the show started. My hubby's tried his hardest to distract me but I was livid that I had to fight for something included with our plan, and I did feel bad because I hate being THAT Person who is seen arguing with CMs.

Oh and um... The platinum plan now no longer gets Fantasmic viewing...that was the last year for it.

I think I may have been percieved as rude by other guests at times. For example haunted mansion queue when they tell you to fill all available space, i go ahead of those who refuse to move forward. Or if there is no line on one side of the cashier, i will go there even if there are 4 people on the other side. My Dh was mortified the first time I did this but i explained that they go right to left..same with bag check..its not being rude because you dont know the protocol. My Dh is bad for droppig f-bombs when hes frustrated with crowds and I constantly have to remind him we are in a park full of children
and he is scaring them. (That usually makes him "use his words" better because he is tall and bald and thinks kids are scared of him already..even though hed be the first one to give up a parade spot to a kid or to tell a child scared in line that HE was scared his first time too but its really fun).

She kind of has tried to justify her actions. I think she said she enjoyed slamming the woman's head against the glass. I think between that and the "Lols" in her posts it does read like she thinks she was justified and maybe even proud of herself.

Fair enough, that's obviously not how I read it, but I can see how you read it that way. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter