ADR help for a newbie

jbayer

Earning My Ears
Hello. My wife and I are going to WDW August 8-15th, with our son, who will be 10 months old at the time of the trip. I have never been to WDW. We are booking the trip this week. I have been reading the boards here today and wow, is it alot to take in. I apologize if some of these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I appreciate any and all input.

1. What is the 180 window people are talking about?

2.If I don't make reserations prior to 180 days, is it impossible to get into some of the restaurants?

3. If my wife and I decided to we wanted to go out for 1 or 2 nice dinners and have one of the in-room babysitters watch our son, what restaurants would you all recommend?

4. What is the deal with the pre-payment stuff people talk about here regarding the ADR, if they have the dining plan, or whatever?

Thanks for all the help!

john

Hello. My wife and I are going to WDW August 8-15th, with our son, who will be 10 months old at the time of the trip. I have never been to WDW. We are booking the trip this week. I have been reading the boards here today and wow, is it alot to take in. I apologize if some of these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I appreciate any and all input.

1. What is the 180 window people are talking about? You can book dining reservations 180 days (about 6 months) in advance either on disneyworld.com or by phone. Yours will have already passed b/c your trip is in August.
2.If I don't make reserations prior to 180 days, is it impossible to get into some of the restaurants? No. there are only a few that may be impossible, and honestly, even those open up sometimes because people cancel all the time. You just have to keep checking back. The hardest ones are Le Cellier, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Chef Mickey's, in my opinion. There are some other ones that are kind of hard, but not as hard as those. Always expect character meals to be harder to get into.

3. If my wife and I decided to we wanted to go out for 1 or 2 nice dinners and have one of the in-room babysitters watch our son, what restaurants would you all recommend? Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Bistro de Paris, Victoria & Albert's (this can only be booked by phone), Narcoose's, California Grill, Citrico's, and Yachtsman Steakhouse. There are a few others, but obviously all these restaurants will still have children in them except Victoria & Albert's (it is adults only).

4. What is the deal with the pre-payment stuff people talk about here regarding the ADR, if they have the dining plan, or whatever? The only meal you must pre pay for is Cinderella's Royal Table, if you aren't using the dining plan. Some of the fancier restaurants and special dining events do take a credit card guaruntee though in case you don't show up or cancel too late. They won't charge your credit card unless either of those things happen, they just have the number on file in case those things hapen. Some of the places that do this are California Grill, Akershus, Fantasmic Dinner Package, and some other places I can't remember right now. Haha :)

Thanks for all the help!

john

My answers are in red :)

Thanks for the info. On the Spirit of Aloaha Dinner show, it lists a cost for the show (52.99-61.99) and on the menu it states the buffet served family style is $59.99.

So, the price 52.99-61.99 is that for the show only, or does it include the meal? I know that may be a stupid question, we just want to be sure. lol
Thanks.
John

Thanks for the info. On the Spirit of Aloaha Dinner show, it lists a cost for the show (52.99-61.99) and on the menu it states the buffet served family style is $59.99.

So, the price 52.99-61.99 is that for the show only, or does it include the meal? I know that may be a stupid question, we just want to be sure. lol
Thanks.
John

It includes the meal. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter