ADR policy with DVC?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Sorry, I haven't been to WDW since all the new changes...

According to AllEars - "...if you have a confirmed Walt Disney World Resort Reservation (with confirmation number) you can book your dining plans for your entire trip (up to a 10 day stay). This begins 90 days in advance of your arrival date. DVC members are advised to call DVC to make dining reservations, however you can call the main WDW DINE line and provide your confirmation number."

Booking all our meals at once for our 8 night stay will be very helpful since we'll be out of town the week our booking window opens! Has anyone ran into any problems calling WDW DINE instead of DVC MS? I would like to try for CRT so I would assume I need to call WDW DINE instead so I can call early. Is it time consuming to give them our confirmation number (cutting into valuable CRT booking time)?

Thanks for any tips or info!

I made all our ADRs (90+10) by calling the toll-free dining number and giving our DVC confirmation number - with no problems.

Not sure about CRT. I didn't call until about 1pm CST on our 90-days-out day.

MS can make the ADR's for you using the new 90 +10 program. They can probably help with the CRT too, as long as that's not right at 90 days (since MS opens long after the Cindy's reservations are taken for that day). If you call right at 90 and try to book your entire stay, you'll know then if MS can't help with the CRT and you can call WDW Dine at 90 days for that one.

One thing to be aware of with the 90+10 -- everybody else staying onsite has it too, and there are only a limited number of available seats accessible under the +10.

What that means is that someone arriving a day or two before you would have access to all of your dates prior to you being eligible. However, you could also call back day-by-day, exactly at 90 days and get the reservations you could not get on the +10.

Make any sense?

CRT? Not on +10 if you're only staying eight nights. Those will be snapped up before you become eligible. But you may be able to get it at exactly 90 days. Or, you could snag a cancellation -- we did!

It also matters greatly WHEN you are going. We had great difficulty getting ADR's in December because of all the Candelight Processional dinner packages. We could not get Le Cellier at all in early December.

Good luck.

You're right Jim. I don't know what I was thinking...

Maybe I should rethink CRT. It is always a big pain in the behind every trip to try and get. It is just my girls are growing up so fast... :sad1: 1900 Park Fare is always easier to get. My youngest still LOVES Cinderella.

This is for spring break. Ya know, already thinking about our meals! :rotfl:

Interestingly enough, my booking window opens up on NEW YEAR'S DAY for spring break. I was kinda hoping it would be easier to get thru that morning since I was hoping everybody would be sleeping in. :teeth:

I just realized I won't be able to call DVC MS anyway, cause it is on a Sunday.

We'll be on our cruise that same week and I was hoping to get all the spring break ADRs done cause I won't be able to call every morning. Funny, it seems my trips always work that way. It is pathetic? when you're at WDW and calling for ADRs for your next trip. :rotfl2:

I think calling first thing on New Year's Day is a good idea. When I wanted to get CRT (a long time go, now, sigh), I was happy if my day to call was on a Saturday or Sunday morning - seemed easier to get through and I was more successful than if I had to call on a weekday.

You can call Dining and ask for the 90 +10 deal even if you have a DVC reservation. Several have reported no trouble doing it. A few have, though - seems like there is always a CM or two that doesn't get the program, LOL. Hope you don't get one of those on the day you have to call for CRT.

Best wishes -

Our 1st night is at PoP before moving over to BCV. I called 90 days out from our PoP night and booked ressies for our DVC stay.

I called at 90 + 10 to teh CRO # and was able to get teh ADR's I wanted, including CRT. Thay did ask for a reservation#, and so long as I had that the didn't care if it was a DVC reservation.

Also, they do not release all the CRT tables at 90+10. They hold some for to 90 day mark.

Interestingly, I have since called back to make a few changes and they no longer ask for teh reservation#, just home phone and where we are staying.

awatt, did you get CRT at 100 days out (90+10) or was it less when you used the 90+10? In other words, I'm curious as to what JimMIA mentioned - if my trip is only 8 nights long even at the 90+10 advantage if I'm booking CRT for even that last day of our trip others have already had a stab at it if their stay is for longer than my 8 nights.

I think I'm confusing myself! :earboy2:

Did it take alot of time establishing your reservation number with them to get the 90+10 advantage or was it quick enough you could still ask for CRT after?

I won't be able to call for CRT everyday at 90 days out cause we'll be on our cruise later that week. That was why I was hoping to get all our ADRs done beforehand.

I made our 90 + 10 ADRs by calling WDW-DINE instead of member services. There was no problem with a DVC reservation number instead of a cash reservation number. So you could try calling on New Year's Day since Disney Dining is open all year. Good luck!

lenshanem said:
... In other words, I'm curious as to what JimMIA mentioned - if my trip is only 8 nights long even at the 90+10 advantage if I'm booking CRT for even that last day of our trip others have already had a stab at it if their stay is for longer than my 8 nights.

They do not release all of the CRT tables (or any of the others) earlier than 90 days- so if you call using the 90+10, you can get a CRT reservation within your timeframe. Each day of the +10 program, a limited number of tables are made available and then at 90 days all remaining tables are released and there will be less chance for success, except for cancellations.

lenshanem said:
You're right Jim. I don't know what I was thinking...

Maybe I should rethink CRT. It is always a big pain in the behind every trip to try and get. It is just my girls are growing up so fast... :sad1: 1900 Park Fare is always easier to get. My youngest still LOVES Cinderella.

This is for spring break. Ya know, already thinking about our meals! :rotfl:

Interestingly enough, my booking window opens up on NEW YEAR'S DAY for spring break. I was kinda hoping it would be easier to get thru that morning since I was hoping everybody would be sleeping in. :teeth:

I just realized I won't be able to call DVC MS anyway, cause it is on a Sunday.

We'll be on our cruise that same week and I was hoping to get all the spring break ADRs done cause I won't be able to call every morning. Funny, it seems my trips always work that way. It is pathetic? when you're at WDW and calling for ADRs for your next trip. :rotfl2:

Not at all pathetic - it is the signature of a person who loves her precious vacation time with the family and takes in all WDW has to offer

Enjoy and thanks for this post - I am behind on changes to seating!

cheers
jaysue

WebmasterDoc said:
They do not release all of the CRT tables (or any of the others) earlier than 90 days- so if you call using the 90+10, you can get a CRT reservation within your timeframe. Each day of the +10 program, a limited number of tables are made available and then at 90 days all remaining tables are released and there will be less chance for success, except for cancellations.

Well, this is very good news. I guess I'll try for it then! I had another thread on the restaurant board and two people responded they had luck - one at 97 days out and another at 95 days out.

And hello again Jason! I see your posts popping up here and there again. :goodvibes
Aren't you going in January?

I called on a Sunday so had to use the WDW-DINE number. The CM actually told me she couldn't find my ressie so I would have to call back. I told her twice this was a DVC ressie so when she told me I had to call back, I asked to speak to a supervisor. The CM then said she would check with her superviser, put me on hold for 7", and then came back to tell me her superviser found it and it was a DVC ressie so they could make the ADRs. I wanted to say something rude as I had told her twice it was DVC but decided I needed to be nice. Somewhat frustrating but in the end I got what I wanted and didn't have to call back.

Yikes ceejay13! 7 minutes and my chances at CRT would be gone! I hope I get someone who knows. I'm surprised how often CRO and DINE aren't up to speed. Do they not send out emails, memos or have staff meetings? How long has the 90+10 thing been going on now???

lebshanem- I called at 90 + 10 on a Sunday. Bot CRT right away. Then she asked for my reserv# which I could not find and had to hang up! I quickly found the reserv #, called back, was on hold for 30 minutes and then was able to get the CRT reservation. The reservation process was similar to 90 days with the exception that they asked teh reserv #,which took an extra few seconds.

I was going for CRT for this upcoming trip and I first tried WDW Dining at the 90 day mark for the first day. They were all booked up by the time I called, but when I called the next day to get the 90 days for that specific day, I was okay. No one had any issues either time I called using my DVC ressie. I have made all my PS since with MS.

It is nice to know that some of the CRT tables are held daily for the 90 day mark. I actually thought it was easier to get CRT with the new system at the 90 day mark than it has been in the past for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter