ADR's for 7-10 ppl

melbatoast

Dis Fan
Has anyone had any luck with ADR's for a group from 7-10 ppl? I can't seem to find any with more than 6 pp. And has anyone had luck adding 1 person (if I can get a ressie for 6 some nights we only need 7). We used to be able to do it in the past. Thanks!

I found a reservation for Ohana for 8 after the 60 day window and then had to cancel my trip so someone else was able to get it too so it definitely is possible even at hard to get places. Just keep checking.

I also had a reservation for 7 and tried every day to modify it to 8 with no success and when checking in was able to add the extra person then.

Thanks FSU girl. Yeah I'm pretty sure I will be able to add 1 person to the Ressie. A few of the days we will have 10 so that's a whole different animal, haha

Thanks FSU girl. Yeah I'm pretty sure I will be able to add 1 person to the Ressie. A few of the days we will have 10 so that's a whole different animal, haha
I haven’t tried for 10, most I’ve done was 8. I think you might have more trouble with 10, I’m not sure if all restaurants allow you to book that many online I thought it went up to 9, but I’m not sure. You can always book two reservations close together splitting the party and then check in early to ask to sit together

Has anyone had any luck with ADR's for a group from 7-10 ppl? I can't seem to find any with more than 6 pp. And has anyone had luck adding 1 person (if I can get a ressie for 6 some nights we only need 7). We used to be able to do it in the past. Thanks!
Try for a party of 8 when you need 7 - it's pretty well known here that the Disney ADR system does not like odd numbers, and there's no penalty for showing up with 7 when you booked 8. Trying to add person #7 to a table for 6 when you show up for the ADR can be difficult, especially if the restaurant doesn't have tables that seat more than 6.

For parties larger than 8, I agree with above, try splitting into two parties, for example 6+4, but put the first ADR into the name of one of the other members of the party, then put the second one in your name (if you put the first one into your name, it won't let you book the second one). Then have everyone show up early, check in with the CM in person, not via MDE, and politely ask to be seated as close together as possible.

You might also try booking for a party of 10 and watch for a pop-up message asking you to call a special number. That happened back in 2020 when I was booking for 9, and the CM who answered that number was extremely helpful -- but even she had to split our party up for some restaurants! We were able to sit together everywhere, though, except Sci-Fi which of course doesn't have tables that big.

Try for a party of 8 when you need 7 - it's pretty well known here that the Disney ADR system does not like odd numbers, and there's no penalty for showing up with 7 when you booked 8. Trying to add person #7 to a table for 6 when you show up for the ADR can be difficult, especially if the restaurant doesn't have tables that seat more than 6.

For parties larger than 8, I agree with above, try splitting into two parties, for example 6+4, but put the first ADR into the name of one of the other members of the party, then put the second one in your name (if you put the first one into your name, it won't let you book the second one). Then have everyone show up early, check in with the CM in person, not via MDE, and politely ask to be seated as close together as possible.

You might also try booking for a party of 10 and watch for a pop-up message asking you to call a special number. That happened back in 2020 when I was booking for 9, and the CM who answered that number was extremely helpful -- but even she had to split our party up for some restaurants! We were able to sit together everywhere, though, except Sci-Fi which of course doesn't have tables that big.
When you called the number, were they able to see availability that wasn't showing up online? I am planning for a group of 11 and am super nervous about dining reservations (we like to book 3 TS meals a day)

When you called the number, were they able to see availability that wasn't showing up online? I am planning for a group of 11 and am super nervous about dining reservations (we like to book 3 TS meals a day)
I really don’t know - I had tried to book on my own without success before I called. She was very helpful and booked everything I wanted at roughly the times I wanted - but as I posted, even she had to split our party.

We have 9 people and I’ve had to split them all into 5 and 4 with the exception of Mama Melrose’s- that I got for 9 but not at my ideal time. The only other ones I ever saw for 9 were Tiffin’s and Diamond Horseshoe- both places we didn’t really want to eat but that’s what popped up when I did a search for 9 at any restaurant in the park as opposed to just trying the restaurant we really wanted. So now I’m debating if we keep those and eat somewhere that wasn’t a first choice just to ensure we sit together vs risk being split - last time we had 9 weren’t able to be combined at a few of the locations and it was a detriment to our trip- we took the grandparents to spend time with them not argue over how we were going to split up at each meal lol.

Not trying to be a wet blanket. But is splitting into 2 tables really so terrible for big groups? We’ve had as many as 7 at a table, never any bigger. But even with 7, the distance between the furthest members of our party combined with noise level in the restaurant made conversations difficult. Maybe just switching up the 2 smaller combinations from one reservation to another will still give everyone a chance to interact with the others. And going for 2 tables from the start might open up a lot more opportunitie.

Not trying to be a wet blanket. But is splitting into 2 tables really so terrible for big groups? We’ve had as many as 7 at a table, never any bigger. But even with 7, the distance between the furthest members of our party combined with noise level in the restaurant made conversations difficult. Maybe just switching up the 2 smaller combinations from one reservation to another will still give everyone a chance to interact with the others. And going for 2 tables from the start might open up a lot more opportunitie.
For us and our particular party makeup we don’t like it- I can see why others wouldn’t care. We typically have to book 2 tables anyway, so it doesn’t open much more up given that 9 is only a possibility at a few restaurants. I would say 60-70% of restaurants have been able to combine us when all 9 go, a few didn’t seem to even be willing to try though. TH had large tables and lots close together, and we weren’t even close. Bad luck on that one.

I made some ressies at not ideal times splitting the group. Has anyone had luck walking up when the restaurant opens at like 4:30 pm? We are planning to take a break in the middle of the day, but if not thinking we could try to get in early.

I called the number recently and was told they can't do anything that doesn't show up for us online so it wasn't helpful for groups.
We were able to book 10 at Skipper's, but 6 or 8 were the max everywhere else

I called the number recently and was told they can't do anything that doesn't show up for us online so it wasn't helpful for groups.
We were able to book 10 at Skipper's, but 6 or 8 were the max everywhere else
Wow, I'm shocked by this. There are a lot of groups in Disney World! Just got back and all the places I booked 2 smaller groups were able to put us together thankfully, but makes it more stressful to plan that way for sure!

During our trip last June, we had a party of 10 and were able to make the following reservations (made them starting 60+10 and then kept checking until our trip for openings):
Be Our Guest (party of 10 in a single reservation)
Teppan Edo (10)
Homecomin' (10)
Hollywood and Vine (10)
Sci-Fi Dine In (10, don't know how they would have seated us since we had to cancel)
Biergarten (10)
Hollywood Brown Derby (10)
Via Napoli (2 reservations of 5 and 5, but they sat us all together at one table)
Space 220 (2 reservations of 6 and 4, but they sat us all together at one table)
Crystal Palace (2 reservations of 6 and 4, but they sat us all together at one table)
Yak and Yeti (2 reservations of 6 and 4, they sat us at two tables next to each other).

Hope that helps.

We had a party of 9. Got a table at Homecomin and we did a table of 4 and 5 for Tusker House, but then asked if we could sit together when we got there and they were able to get us a big table together. The waitstaff was great at TH.

Storybook dining also had a table of 9

Ran into similar problems with a group of 10 last January - worked with reservations CMs live on this problem.
Some venues in WDW (including Disney Springs) do offer seating for 8 or 10 online (but very limited in options as other posters have mentioned).

In talking with a CM before and after the ADR window opened - they suggested:
- Sample where you want to go before ADRs open online to get a sense of which venues offer your group size seating online
- Upon opening of the ADR timeframe - for those venues that do not offer group reservations that large - split the group making sure the reservations are no more than 15 minutes apart.
- At the time of the first reservation (even a little earlier) - talk to the CM at the host desk about both reservations - so they are aware of your group situation and see if they can accommodate your full group.
- The reservations CM I spoke with also made this a lot easier for us than doing it online (Even a week into the ADR window) - they also cautioned that accommodations may not always be possible, and if possible, you may have to wait a little longer for the tables together to become available.
- From our experience, we had 6 split ADRs, in all cases we were sat together at one table and never waited longer than our original reservation time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter