ADRs with +1 or -1 person?

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
In Disney's eyes we are a grand gathering. Some ADRs we will eat together, others we will not. With the 180+10 window and not all parties 100% comitted, can I add an additional person to my ressie and then drop them at the hostess stand? What about making a reservation for four, but only having three in your party? The party of four senario helps to get a reservation and avoids the party being seated at more than one table (2 adults, 1 child). What have you done? What is Disney's policy? TIA.

You are always better off having a ressie for an extra person than for one less. We have showed up with an extra person at the podium and have never had a problem. We have also shown up missing a person or 2 and no one has ever said anything to us!

I would say better to have the xtra person than not. Last year i had Ohana booked for 5 of us and last minute my husband couldnt come with us so it was only 4. They didnt make a big deal over it at all, basically the same table minus 1 person

Our last large group vacation (11 total), we had 3 in the group become very ill on day 1 (thanks to a sick kid on the plane)and we had 3 less at many of our meals those first few days while they battled the plague back in their hotel rooms. It was never a problem when we checked in at the podium that we were short a few people.

On the other hand, on a prior vacation we tried to be seated at both WCC and 50's PTC with an extra person and they were unable to accommodate the extra person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter