Adult/Child Credits...Are they Specified?

kimberlyp02

Mouseketeer
So..credits aren't specified as X amount of adult and X amount of child's. This doesn't sound right to me? How do I do that then? I know at buffets they have to use a credit. What about other table service meals? If we were going to share anyway would I have to get 2 adult meals one time, then the next 1 adult, 1 child? This is so confusing. There is NO way on earth the 3adults,1child in our party could eat all the food in 3adult, 1 child's meals.

Another question is last time we went, we ate at Ohana and LOVED it, however my dd didn't like it. Last time we were able to order from the kid's menu for her. So can we pay oop for a kid's meal and only use TS credits for the 3 adults? Or will she be required to eat the buffet foods?

Thanks!

Another question, does everyone(no sharing) have to use a credit to get a fantasmic ticket? We were wanting to eat at the Italian(Mama Melrose's..???) and I see they have a regular menu. Can I also order a child's meal oop there for her and still get the tickets? Or does she have to use a TS credit?

kimberlyp02 said:
Another question is last time we went, we ate at Ohana and LOVED it, however my dd didn't like it. Last time we were able to order from the kid's menu for her. So can we pay oop for a kid's meal and only use TS credits for the 3 adults? Or will she be required to eat the buffet foods?

Thanks!

I haven't done the DDP yet but the last time we went to Ohana my kids only ate the kids meal and we were charged the Kona kids meal price (something like $5.99) not the childs buffet price. From what I've read I would think you'd be able to pay OOP for her but I haven't used DDP yet so I can't say for sure.

kimberlyp02 said:
Another question, does everyone(no sharing) have to use a credit to get a fantasmic ticket? We were wanting to eat at the Italian(Mama Melrose's..???) and I see they have a regular menu. Can I also order a child's meal oop there for her and still get the tickets? Or does she have to use a TS credit?

All need to use a credit or all need to pay the set pricing for the Fantasmic package. No sharing on the package. You can't just pay menu pricing-you pay the fixed price for the package.

Thanks for clearing up the Fantasmic thing for me. :-) Now, how in the world will we eat all that food...lol I guess we'll be packing it up for snacking at Fantasmic :-)

What is the best fantasmic meal-tastewise?
We did the buffet last time, can't remember the name, it's the cheaper of the 2. It was ok, nothing great, but not bad. I want to try the italian one...

I've done H&V buffet and Brown Derby. I thought H&V was fine but Brown Derby (which is 2 CS points) was GREAT!!! I was hoping to do Mama Melrose in Aug but when I called last week to make all my ADR's I couldn't get the Fantasmic package for anynight of our trip (8/22 to 8/29). We'll just try to do the stand by line for Fantasmic.

Right now credits are pooled but there have been hints on this board that will change soon. Who knows. But my gut tells me the distinction will be there by my trip during free dining. We all knew it could happen. I'm OK with it as long as can still mix DDP and paying OOP too.

I actually think it'd be alot easier if they did seperate them. That way there wouldn't be any confusion or difference between restaurants and it wouldn't be so hard to take care of. Hopefully by the time we go they will do that.

We ate at Mama Melrose Last Saturday and loved it! Everything we ordered was delicious. Our credits were all pooled together still and we split 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches (adult portions) for the 4 of us every day with our CS credits and then used 4 TS credits each night. For the Fantasmic Dinner Package you have to use 1 TS per person and order off of a special menu. Then they sign a paper with that number of people on it to take to the gate.

rlrx, good idea splitting CS credits between breakfast and lunch and sharing the food--it works if you have little kids that don't eat much. Never thought of that. What CS menu items were you able to split between two adults? And of course, two kids can share something from the children's menu items. A hamburger would be hard to split--but something like a plate of nachos, perhaps?

anneofgreengables said:
rlrx, good idea splitting CS credits between breakfast and lunch and sharing the food--it works if you have little kids that don't eat much. Never thought of that. What CS menu items were you able to split between two adults? And of course, two kids can share something from the children's menu items. A hamburger would be hard to split--but something like a plate of nachos, perhaps?

We split burgers all week. Several times we ordered 2 double cheeseburgers for the 4 of us. Girls and mom shared one, dad had most of the other. We just cut them up w/ a knife. We tend to cut them in half at home anyway. We shared all kinds of meals- rotisserie chicken, salads, wraps, burgers, pancakes, french toast, breakfast pizza. All counter service restaurants had forks, spoons and knives so we just made use of them.

anneofgreengables,
We split sandwiches in half at some restaurants and would still be full after also splitting the breakfast. We ate one day at El Pirata at MK and they gave 2 large tacos for each adult meal plus a huge churro with each so each of us ended up with 1 taco and 1/2 churro and we shared 2 drinks. It definitely works with little ones and I would say any adult that doesn't want to go "wild" on vacation. We saved our huge meals for dinner and actually had trouble using our snacks up because we were full. We feel like we ate like kings but didn't gain any weight on vacation-gotta love that.

Um....if it's family we drink out of the same straw..lol

Or, ice and ice water are free everywhere in disney that has them :-) So just ask for an extra glass of ice or ice water :-)

kimberlyp02 said:
I actually think it'd be alot easier if they did seperate them. That way there wouldn't be any confusion or difference between restaurants and it wouldn't be so hard to take care of. Hopefully by the time we go they will do that.
It surely would reduce confusion and help folks avoid being disappointed due to expectations they developed on reading the experiences of other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter