Adventurers Club

Dax

Emma and Christopher's Mommy - Best job ever
Anyone here go to Adventurers Club? My fiance and I go every weekend and have started to get remebered by the "characters". If you have gone, any favorites? Any opinions?

Of all the time that I've been to PI, I've never been in the Adventurers Club. Don't ask me why, I don't really know. I've seen it, just haven't gone in. I didn't know anything about it. Since finding these boards and learning about it, I'll be going on my trip in September.

What has your experience been there? Will it be "solo friendly"?

Yes it is solo friendly. There are numerous little "shows" going on throught the night. My fiance have spent an entire night here. Tons of fun..Heres a tip: The flashier the clothes you wear(such as a bright Hawaiian shirt) the more attention you receive. Go! You will not regret it. KUNGALOOSH!

We love the Adventurer's Club. We only go there and to the Comedy Warehouse at PI since weren't not into clubs much.

An evening at the Adventurer's Club is so much fun because it's the kind of place where you can talk to each other and be entertained at the same time. I think it would probably be fun for singles, too, because a lot of times people end up talking to the groups next to them.

Hey Bob

I have been to the Adventurer's Club as a single traveler several times, and have enjoyed it every time. The cast of characters seems to go out of their way to make you feel included in the events. (And of course, there is the house specialty beverage, The KUNGLALOOSH !)

I think I still remember the words to the Adventurer's Club Theme Song (which you will be required to sing!)

Marching along we're adventurers /
Singing the songs of adventurers /
Up and down /
North South East or West /
An Adventurers Life is best /
An adventurers life is best/
KUNGALOOSH !

Be sure to check it out when you're there (who knows, maybe we'll run into each other, since we will be at WDW the same time)

(Kermit ...Do they still do the Radio Auction / Moo Goo Gai Pan skit in the Library ? Did I get the words to the song right ?)

You got the words right...LOL...Funny how they stick in your head..LOL...

I also learned a new song there....

Do- with which I buy my beer
Re- the guy I buy beer from
Me- the guy I buy beer for
Fa- the distance to the store
So- I think I'll have a beer
La- La La La La La La
Ti- No thanks I'll have beer
That will bring us back to Do.....

LOL...A classic taught by the Colonol...

RichMay, I've never seen that particular show, but we tend to prefer the smaller rooms more. The library gets so crowded, and you have to circle back around when it's over. A lot of people don't realize they do things in the other rooms.

Safari Steve goes quite a bit. Several of the performers from AdveClub do atmosphere entertainment in Adventureland at MK, so a couple of them recognize me. I'll be there this and next thursday night. (and the thursday after that and so on...)

The Adventurer's Club is one of my favorite places to go at PI - can't wait for the next time!

I think you will like it. I spent just about the whole evening there last time we were down to PI. Loved it!

yes, they make you circle back from the library shows...but then you might get to be part of the 10:30 Parade From the Unisex Bathroom...

Go! Don't worry about being on your own. Buy a Kungaloosh! or two, get sworn in as a member, learn the beer song, and attend the shows. You'll forget to leave.

DEFINITELY take a trip to the Adventurer's Club, solo or not! I only discovered it this past February and it is a blast. You will definitely forget to leave!

KUNGALOOSH!

Nikki

Based on my experiences, I would say that is is the best club for solos. You could easily spend an entire night there.

I've never been to the Adventurer's club, but everyones posts sure sound fun - what is it?

I must be the only one, but I did not like the Adventurer's Club. I thought the library performance was pretty lame. I am a very open minded person and took in all the stage performances on our vacation! Unfortunately, this show ranked at the bottom. The actors were totalling over-acting, which I thought took away from the script (which I thought was lacking to begin with). Maybe I caught it on a bad night. If we returned to WDW, I would probably catch it again...hopefully it would be more enjoyable the next time.

There were so many other enjoyable shows. I recommend the Diamond Horseshoe Revue in Magic Kingdom and the many street performers in Epcot...those were very enjoyable.

The Adventurer's Club, for lack of a better phrase, is an interactive comedy club. Every night is open house where they swear new members in. They have wacky resident members such as Hathaway Brown, the club aviator, Samantha Sterling, the club adventuress, the Colonel, the club...I don't know what you would call the Colonel, and also the club president, club historian, etc. These club members put on different shows throughout the evening and interact with the guests. You'll learn the club salute, the club song, etc. If you buy a specialty drink you get to drink it out of your own keepsake monkey head. It is a blast, you need to check it out. I didn't get to go on my last visit because I was with family and I was not a happy camper. Make SURE you check it out.

KUNGALOOSH!

He is the Head of Security and is 'On Duty' when not interacting. The only way to get him awake is to yell "Free Drink Colonel"

The club president is Pamelia Perkins, the historian is Fletcher Hodges, the Treasurer is Professor Otis T. Red, and don't forget the Adventurer of the Year, Enal Blehal (sp?)

Permelia Perkins, Otis T. (Throckmorton) Wrenn, and Emil (A-mal) Blehol.
Plus there's Graves the butler and any one of the maids (they have many names)
Oh, and the Colonel's name is Critchfield Sudgebench (Chief of security and head gleemeister)... Plus Beezil the genie, Fingers (the club organist), Madame Zolta (the club psychic), Babylonya: goddess of women and all things fertile, and the masks.

I love the Beer song! I had not heard that.

My other club for solos is the Jazz club. It is usually not packed so you can get a table or if you feel funny doing that they have a bar area in the back. (but I think that is the smoking area!) Have fun! If I make it to Disney this weekend (I have a plane ticket and rental car, but cancelled my hotel due to family problems) then I may just run by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter