Advice for those with kids

granna

Mouseketeer
We just returned from Magic 5/17 and my daughter has this advice. Her 3 1/2 yr. old son got lost one day near Mickey Pool. He had met enough of the Crew to know to go to someone with a name tag and say "My mommy is lost." (She had seated him in her sight, and had gone to snack bar, but the line was longer than expected and he lost sight of her, and got impatient.)

She found him very soon, thank goodness. But since he had taken off his wristband, it could have been a problem. The CM who found him said that if children will keep their wrist bands on, even when outside the kids' clubs, the staff can beep the parents whenever a child is "found".

So the advice is to register your child, carry the beeper even if your child doesn't go to the oceaneers, and alert the child to go to a Cast Member with a plastic name tag.

That's great advice. My kids have had it grilled into them about finding a cast member (and where you can quickly find them --restaurants, gift shops, etc) but the keeping the wrist band on at all times is an excellent idea!!
We were on the 6/4-5/8 Wonder cruise, then 9 days at Disney and my dd FINALLY took her wrist band off on 5/20 --ONLY because she had pre-ballet-recital pictures. Once the recital is over, I suspect she'll put it back on. She thinks it'd be so cool to get back on the Wonder on 11/30 with her wrist band ON!! :rolleyes:

Great idea! Thanks for sharing! ANd I'm glad your grandson knew what to do and was safe!

Hi ohiominnie.

We were on the 6/4-5/8 Wonder cruise, then 9 days at Disney

Wish I could afford THAT - a 338-day cruise and then 9-days at WDW...

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Wish I could afford THAT - a 338-day cruise and then 9-days at WDW...

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p :) :teeth: :tongue:

What a typo!! IF ONLY that were true!!
Thanks, BD for the HUGE laugh (at my expense!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter