Advice needed on time frame

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
In your opinion and experiences, what would be the least busy time to visit the World between mid January - end of March next year?
Is there a time frame I should avoid? I understand there are no more really slow times at WDW. Just looking for your opinion on the least busy time of year in this particular time frame based on your opinion. First two weeks of January are completely out. Thanks!!

From my experience a lot of kids are on spring break in March so that can be quite busy, sometime in February may be a good time like early or late as I believe in the middle (around 16th or so) there is a race.

Princess half Marathon is Feb 22-25, couple with Presidents Day on the 19th, so I would stay away week Feb 17-25. Epcot is putting on the Festival of the Arts Jan 12- Feb 19th.

I love the end of February first week of March, as you can catch the beginning of Flower and Garden at Epcot and the crowds are manageable.

For whatever reason, the University my wife and I work for has spring break typically the very first week of March, about one week before everyone else. We've did Walt Disney World Feb 29 thru Mar 6 in 2016, and it was just about the perfect combination of weather and crowds. Not hot, not cold, low to moderate lines everywhere. Apparently, the following week the Spring Break crowds arrived in force. You may want to take a look at some of the online crowd calendars for some context.

In your opinion and experiences, what would be the least busy time to visit the World between mid January - end of March next year?
Is there a time frame I should avoid? I understand there are no more really slow times at WDW. Just looking for your opinion on the least busy time of year in this particular time frame based on your opinion. First two weeks of January are completely out. Thanks!!

I went late January-early Feb like 5 years ago. It was sooooooooo dead we practically walked on everywhere. I think the only real crowds were at MK because most of the kids were preschool/early elementary. (DISCLAIMER: there are a lot of travelers down to MCO due to the PGA show at the end of January. And the Pro Bowl is now in Orlando the end of January, so your mileage may vary with this time frame)

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards late January early February. I appreciate the heads up on MLK weekend and the marathon. Weather isn't too much of a factor, we are coming from NH and anywhere will be warmer. Any other thoughts appreciated!!

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards late January early February. I appreciate the heads up on MLK weekend and the marathon. Weather isn't too much of a factor, we are coming from NH and anywhere will be warmer. Any other thoughts appreciated!!

You'll probably be wearing a t-shirt with or without a light jacket while the CMs are practically dressed like Nanuck of the North (speaking from experience as a fellow granite stater)

The weekdays will be lighter than the weekend, I did a Mon-Fri trip that time of year and that Thursday a zillion HS cheerleaders arrived for some competition....

We are going for February 26th-March 2nd. Hoping for lighter crowds. We are use to June so it should feel lighter to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter