Advice needed

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
This forum is all new territory to me. We had planned a trip to WDW FL in August this year, but had an unexpected surprise in the form of a baby due in November. Not wanting to face the heat, humidity and crowds, we decided to postpone the trip. Unfortunately, my 4 yo son will be so disappointed as he's already watching the trip planning videos (as am I LOL!).

We have been thinking of taking a minibreak to DLP sometime this summer (neither of the kids are in school yet, so we could go midweek or late May/early June). I have two kids (4 yo and 2 yo) and we live in Ireland.

My questions are as follows

1. What is the best way to proceed to get a good deal on one of the on-site hotels ? Are there codes available as in WDW FL?

2. What would be a good time to go? Is summer very crowded?

3. we had planned on staying at the GF, so were thinking of the Disneyland hotel- any other suggestions welcomed, as it looks pretty pricey. What rates would we expect in May/June/July?

4. Is castle level(?) similar to concierge. We stayed lodge concierge last year and wondered if it's the same. How much extra would it cost (on average)?

I know this is a lot to ask, but if anyone can answer any of the above questions I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Joanna

Hi Joanna :wave: ,

1: I don't think that the Disneyland Paris hotels have codes. We have always booked through Air Miles or with Disney direct, so I am not sure about the best way to proceed. Maybe someone else can help??

2: Summer at DLP can get crowded, especially at weekends.

3: The Disneyland Hotel is wonderful, I also really like Newport Bay Club if you wanted to cut-your-costs a little.
Booking with Disney direct, in may you would be looking at paying around £700 for two nights, room only. The price changes from day-to-day however and peaks at weekends. If you have a look at www.disneylandparis.co.uk it will be a lot more accurate.

4: Castle Club at The Disneyland Hotel is extremely similair to concierge at WDW resorts. CC guests have a private elevator in to the Disneyland Park, along with private elevators to the castle club floor and the lounge serving refreshments and snacks.

Also, The Disneyland Paris Resort Hotels have very high occupancy so I would recommend booking early.

If you have any other questions I am sure some of us can help.

HTH

Richard. :)

Hi Joanna :)

As the children aren't school age, I'd take advantage of that and visit DLP during term time so it is less busy...... and less expensive!

If you can go for weekdays, that will also be so much the better as weekends are busy too.

June sounds good - check this thread out for some further posts on that.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335677

July and August are very busy - although I do like the very end of August into Sept but then I like the late nights they have then which I doubt you'll want.

Hi Joanna,

We ( me and DW plus two DD's )are booked at the Disneyland 12th May 2003. We have paid £1705 for five nights in the Castle Club room , park entrance and character breakfast included as standard now every day. I think the standard room was approx £1400.

We have stayed twice before but this is our first time in Castle Club. IMHO this Hotel is superb and well worth the premium rates it charges. We booked accomodation only with Disneyland Paris and sorted our own transport and Channel crossing.

We stayed at exactly the same time last year and it was great - weather good , crowds light to average with no serious waits for any main rides.

Anything else I can answer please shout

Alec :earsboy:

Thanks so much for the information. There are some package deals available through the Irish travel agents, flights and tickets and rooms available- two nights for 1500 euro (two kids, two adults) which we might go for.

I usually like to book the room myself as then I'm dealing directly with the hotel and I think there's a better chance of getting the room you want, but these packages look good. Flights to Paris would probably cost us at least 250 eur each, then add in transfers and ticket costs, hotel rooms- I think it's our best option.
What would the cost to upgrade to castle club be once we were onsite?

We can get Newport Bay for a couple of hundred euro less. I'm wondering if we should go for the Admiral's club in the Newport Bay, or will I spend the vacation walking past the DL hotel saying 'we should have stayed there'. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Alec, we'd love to hear about your trip when you return :) Please let us know all about it!

Hi Joanna,

Yes, IMO, I think you will walk past and regret it if you stay at Newport Bay, the DL cannot be beat for location and it is the only hotel with character dining. You can see main street station from the breakfast room - even this is impossible at the Hotels nearest equivalent the GF. You can't beat bed to main street in five minutes flat.

Hi Shirley,

ok then I'll be taking the laptop so the kids can watch DVD's so i'll try to keep a trip diary and will report as much as poss. might even manage some digi photos

Been looking forward to this for ages we were supposed to go in Feb but DD's got the chick. pox so we had to postpone.

regards,

Alec

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter