Advice on kidani

happyj

DIS Veteran
We are staying in kadani village for the first time in April in a one bedroom villa. We have stayed in the lodge before but choose kidani because of the 2 bathrooms.
Is there an area you would recommend for us to ask for we have a savannah villa?

We had a 1BR in Sept and were near the Pumba parking area - it was quite a way to the lobby but the animals we saw made it worth it. There were 2 Ankole Cattle that seemed to spend most of their time right under our room and then there were giraffes, zebras and small rabbits as well as assorted birds. I don't know that there is a bad view on the Sunset Savannah side. We will be there two nights in December in a standard view and I will really miss the animals while having my tea or adult beverage on the balcony but will make do with the public viewing areas. That end of the building we were at is also close to the pool.

We were in a studio at Kidani on the 5th floor. I wish we had a lower floor. We had the savannah view but was looking down on the animals and tree tops. I also wish we had a room closer to the lobby.

Thanks for the replys.
I am having trouble finding a good map. We have not made a request yet but I remember when we stayed at Jambo house we wished we had a lower room .:)

Make your top request close to lobby if you have savanna view. That puts you close to store, pool, community hall, busses, restaurant, and gives excellent views of Sunset Savanna which has giraffes and avoids being far from lobby, which is to be avoided if possible because the distance from lobby to end rooms along each of the two wings is extreme (1/3 mile). If you want lower floor make that your second not first request. Kidani has only GVs, 2BR dedicated and 2BR lock-offs and they are distributed evenly throughout the resort and thus you can get a 1BR or studio anywhere on any floor. To find the layout maps just go to Google and its Images tab and type in Kidani map.

The biggest issue I have with being close to the lobby is the noise from the hallway. Everyone and their family walk by (not much choice, not blaming them) and typically the kids will race ahead and there will be yelling back and forth between the kids and to/from the parents. Funny how folk tend to forget that there may be people behind closed doors and to keep it down. When the door is open they'll automatically hush down as soon as they notice.

The noise doesn't bother me much except in the late afternoon / evening but was pretty much non-stop.

If I had a car I'd definitely ask for a location further down the corridor and near an elevator hoping it was more peaceful. Even without a car, if you know where your priorities are (pool verses buses) the center of the wing associated with each may be a quieter choice. My dilemma is I want to be close to both :D... going to let fate roll the dice for me this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter