Advice on purchasing a cricut?

FrozenOne16

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I was just wondering what experience people have had with the cricut machines? I am thinking about getting one to make different things for my wedding, and I just wanted to know if it is a good investment. And yes, my wedding is Disney themed, so I will more than like be purchasing one of the Disney cartridges. Any advice would help me out immensely! Thank you so much!

I Love my cricut. I have made some adorable Disney characters for my scrap booking. I think it's a great investment. Mine was an Anniversary gift from my husband. My SIL has the Princess cartridge and I have I think two different Character cartridges.

The cricuts are great... but you are limited to the carts and what is on the carts. I am not sure what all is included and how the Cricut Explore (their newest machine works). I hope someone that has it will be able to chime in and give you a better idea of its abilities.

I own the original baby bug (6x12 mat... so my sizes are limited).. I own the create (6x12 mat but I can change the orientation and make thing a bit bigger.).. I also own the Expression and the Expression 2 (12x12 or 12x24 mats). The only real downsize to these are you are really limited to their cartridges.

I also own the silhouette portrait w/ the Designer Edition software that allows me to cut svg files and also my own fonts from my computer. I can also buy other items from online stores to cut with this (it cuts on a 8x12 mat). I am about to upgrade to the silhouette cameo which will cut items on a 12x12 mat or a 12x24 mat.

It really is a hard decision to make... just do your research and feel free to ask more questions!

I do love my cricut I love my Disney carts and still use them often.
I love my portrait so I can make my own titles using fonts I download...

It just depends what I am doing which machine I use the most! I even seen my create down with my DD to college to help her create bulletin boards/school projects.

I just purchased an Explore and love it. It was easy to set up and there's a small learning curve, but beyond that ... :lovestruc Now that I can't use SCAL anymore, I am happy that Cricut lets us upload our own fonts and shapes.

The carts can be expensive, but I bought the majority of mine on Ebay. Also, joann.com periodically discounts the cartridges.

Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) it is a program that uses SVG files for cutting also MTC (Make the Cut) is another one

I would say go look at my blog but I got mad & deleted after several people were using my files for selling ebay/esty (one still is)

if you go to the virtural scrapbook section you can my pages where I use them - last one was AK Dinoland all of those are files that I made & cut out in SCAL

I make them in Inkscape which is a free program

the only thing I don't like about the new circut is you have to connected to the internet to use SVG files - I'm wondering if they are pulling the same thing of if you cut it on their site it is now their property & they can sell it to others (did that on their last site or at least you had to agree to it)

I have the Sihouette Cameo now - gave my cricuts away

Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) it is a program that uses SVG files for cutting also MTC (Make the Cut) is another one

I would say go look at my blog but I got mad & deleted after several people were using my files for selling ebay/esty (one still is)

if you go to the virtural scrapbook section you can my pages where I use them - last one was AK Dinoland all of those are files that I made & cut out in SCAL

I make them in Inkscape which is a free program

the only thing I don't like about the new circut is you have to connected to the internet to use SVG files - I'm wondering if they are pulling the same thing of if you cut it on their site it is now their property & they can sell it to others (did that on their last site or at least you had to agree to it)

I have the Sihouette Cameo now - gave my cricuts away

Thanks! As you can probably tell, I am extremely new to all of this! My plan is to make props for a photo booth for my wedding, and I am trying to find the cheapest and easiest way to make them. I have always wanted a cricut, but could never bring myself to purchase one. Also, I have no idea what the differences are!

are you happy with already made things or do want to make it more you

how much do you want to create yourself?

Think Splash Mt ride - would you be happy with what is in the carts or would you want Be'er Rabbit, Fox & Bear on the page - no way they are doing that one on a cart

I am not sure. But I know I want up themed things since that is the theme of my wedding. I'm not very creative with drawing things.

I trace things - Disney pins are great to trace
coloring books & clip art are great too
did a photo once - just prefer the others since they have nice lines to follow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter