Advice on when to go

slp87

DIS Veteran
Last year we went to DL Sat - Wed just before Thanksgiving. It was fairly crowded, but I wasn't sure if that was due to the 50th or if that's typical. I would love to go those dates again, but our school district is taking away our full Thanksgiving break. How crazy would it be to go Wed - Sun over Thanksgiving day??

It is better than not going at all. Expect and plan for high crowds. Also, if the parks reach capacity, be aware that if you leave you may not be able to get in. Use fastpasses, go as soon as they open, and just enjoy your time there. I like to people watch and see the less crowded shows during the really busy times of the day. It is also fun to plan a sit-down lunch where you can relax (like Blue Bayou, Storyteller's, Carnation Cafe, etc.). You can call 60 days in advance for dining reservations.

Every year that we have gone during Thanksgiving it has been totally slammed. I think we went four years in a row. This year we went to WDW at the beginning of the month instead. It depends on what your going for. If you want to go during the holidays then great, but if that doesn't matter to you, then plan a trip at a different time and not only will the hotel be less, but the crowds will also and you will be able to get more seating options at restraunts. Last year we had reso.s at Blue Bayou and still waited 45 mins. We could have done a lot of other things during that amount of time.

I concure,any MAJOR holiday should be missed (if possible). :)
(of course this is from a man who 'had' to be there July 17 1990,BIIGG mistake) :confused3
Other than that,any day that ends in Y works for us. :banana:

As much as teachers will hate this post, take the kids out of school for a day or two and combine it with a "teacher's in service day" and you have a vacation.........(without crowds.)

Unfortunately I'm a teacher and therein lies our problem. My DH is a farmer, so he's not available during the summer. We're basically stuck with Thanksgiving, Christmas or Spring Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter