Status
Not open for further replies.
What are those arrows for? If they're pointing out the spots that aren't finished, there are a few missing...

What are those arrows for? If they're pointing out the spots that aren't finished, there are a few missing...
Bioreconstruct likes to point out interesting details and such. If there is a specific photo you have questions about I would be happy to help.

I honestly don't think TSL will be done by June 30th judging from the latest aerial pics of the Land. Galaxy's Edge looks more put together than TSL and it doesn't open for another year and change. My trip is this November and I'm expecting a lot of kinks. LOL. If TSL opens on time, I seriously doubt that it'll open without a hitch. I think Disney is in such a rush to build the new attractions, rides & resorts to beat Universal that they'll sacrifice the guest experiences in order to fast track those new experiences. My fingers will be crossed that TSL opens on time & nothing breaks down or is chaotic.

I honestly don't think TSL will be done by June 30th judging from the latest aerial pics of the Land. Galaxy's Edge looks more put together than TSL and it doesn't open for another year and change. My trip is this November and I'm expecting a lot of kinks. LOL. If TSL opens on time, I seriously doubt that it'll open without a hitch. I think Disney is in such a rush to build the new attractions, rides & resorts to beat Universal that they'll sacrifice the guest experiences in order to fast track those new experiences. My fingers will be crossed that TSL opens on time & nothing breaks down or is chaotic.

I can see it opening on time, but AS2 not opening on 6/30 due to the roof problems. That's the piece that is behind. With them moving the entrance to Midway Mania now, both that and SDD should be ready to go by 6/30.

I honestly don't think TSL will be done by June 30th judging from the latest aerial pics of the Land.
I'm really curious -- based on what? As I mentioned, since I have no experience with large scale theme park construction projects I don't think I'm in any position to judge. Do others here have expertise beyond looking at these pics over the years?

I'm really curious -- based on what? As I mentioned, since I have no experience with large scale theme park construction projects I don't think I'm in any position to judge. Do others here have expertise beyond looking at these pics over the years?
I think they’ll make the opening I’m just not sure we see any previews like pandora.

While I see the progress, TSL still doesn't look like it will be fully ready for June 30th. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Great updates, thank you!

I think the construction walls, scaffolding and general lack of pavement & landscaping is giving people a false sense of worry about TSL not being finished in time. The paving could be finished in a couple days time and the landscaping could be done by a team in a weeks time, max. I really think it will be done with plenty of time to spare for testing and tweaking. It's still got all of April, May and June to finish. My guess is you'll see greenery start filling in within the month and the paving probably wont happen until the very end after all the construction vehicles have finished their major work as they don't want any heavy equipment damaging the walkways after they've laid the groundwork. Just my amateur opinion, though.

I can't really tell from the photo, but the skyliner path from DHS to CBR almost looks like they paved it. I assume it's gravel only.

I'm still dying to know the basis on which so many people are making judgments on readiness, but I guess that'll remain a mystery... ;)
I’m basing off of past Disney projects. Yes each project is different but it seems they are a bit behind on this one. I’ve also heard there were issues with Aliens which lends credence to the behind behind part.

My guess it will open on time with or without Aliens. It would be a big fail if so, but they would have to IMO. But I think it will be ready.

We always seem to believe stuff is behind on the boards. Yet they seem to manage to pull it off much of the time. Slinky looks good to go. They should be able to pull this off.
I think when I see them putting in the plants in the rest of the area, then we know it's in good shape. The lack of greenery always makes a land look horrible. We can't really tell what is going on in the buildings.

I’m basing off of past Disney projects. Yes each project is different but it seems they are a bit behind on this one. I’ve also heard there were issues with Aliens which lends credence to the behind behind part.
This is actual info on which to base the idea of a possible delay. That's different than just photos.

I don't get how looking at aerial photos 2.5 mos. out can give us non-experts on here enough info to judge. I know everyone loves to opine on just about EVERYTHING no matter what these days (!!!); I just find it odd, I guess, in this case. So many variables that we know NOTHING about. Odd.

This is actual info on which to base the idea of a possible delay. That's different than just photos.

I don't get how looking at aerial photos 2.5 mos. out can give us non-experts on here enough info to judge. I know everyone loves to opine on just about EVERYTHING no matter what these days (!!!); I just find it odd, I guess, in this case. So many variables that we know NOTHING about. Odd.
I still think everything opens on time. The thing that is really unsure at this point is the previews.

I remember before pandora opened people were complaining about how “there’s no work going on anymore, why aren’t there previews” when little did they know that they had a ton of interior work to do with th attractions

I remember before pandora opened people were complaining about how “there’s no work going on anymore, why aren’t there previews” when little did they know that they had a ton of interior work to do with th attractions
They were still very much working on the nighttime lighting as well.

That's really the only information I'm basing mine on as well. I agree paths and landscaping can be done very last minute.

I think the construction walls, scaffolding and general lack of pavement & landscaping is giving people a false sense of worry about TSL not being finished in time. The paving could be finished in a couple days time and the landscaping could be done by a team in a weeks time, max. I really think it will be done with plenty of time to spare for testing and tweaking. It's still got all of April, May and June to finish. My guess is you'll see greenery start filling in within the month and the paving probably wont happen until the very end after all the construction vehicles have finished their major work as they don't want any heavy equipment damaging the walkways after they've laid the groundwork. Just my amateur opinion, though.

Yeah, I have seen landscaping change overnight in bigger areas than what is left in TSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter