After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

scrappinginontario

These events are popular which leads to many questions and guests wanting to share their experiences. Rather than a number of After Hours threads being opened daily, let’s consolidate questions and answers for quick answers to questions.

After Hour events are 3 hours of fun for guests with purchased tickets to these events. Crowds are traditionally capped at a very low level and much can be experienced in a short amount of time!

Guests with AH tickets will be able to enter the park at 7PM.

An AH ticket will allow you to purchase Genie+. You do not need a regular pack ticket in order to purchase Genie+ for an After Hours event. You can begin stacking LL reservations at 7AM for attraction return times between 7PM and close. Please read the linked post for additional information about stacking.

We will try to keep links to helpful information updated here.

Disney After Hours

Links to individual park events including dates, location to purchase tickets plus event information.

DAH Magic Kingdom

DAH Epcot

DAH Hollywood Studios

DAH Typhoon Lagoon

Last edited:

So for the Epcot After Hours is it just the listed rides that are open and the country pavilions are closed…seems like it would require too many CMs to be working with a limited number of guests around…

So for the Epcot After Hours is it just the listed rides that are open and the country pavilions are closed…seems like it would require too many CMs to be working with a limited number of guests around…
Yes, pavilions are not open (possibly with the exception of Mexico as the attraction is inside the pavilion) during AH.

Great idea !

So, I’m going to hope that MK will extend AH into May ... but if they don’t, I’ll buy the AH for DHS.

If I don’t get to DHS by 7 (I’ll have dinner reservations that night), which is when AH pass holders can get to HS, will I still be able to get my rides done between 10 pm-1 am? And, is there a particular order I should aim for? Like, I imagine most people would head for Star Wars, whereas I wouldn’t necessarily need to. Is it likely I’ll be able to ride most of the rides multiple times?

Thanks!

We’re going to DHS AH on Wednesday, March 8th. I think I saw a mention somewhere that some dining establishments are open during the event, including Olga’s? Does anyone know if that is in fact true, and which places are actually open?

Great idea !

So, I’m going to hope that MK will extend AH into May ... but if they don’t, I’ll buy the AH for DHS.

If I don’t get to DHS by 7 (I’ll have dinner reservations that night), which is when AH pass holders can get to HS, will I still be able to get my rides done between 10 pm-1 am? And, is there a particular order I should aim for? Like, I imagine most people would head for Star Wars, whereas I wouldn’t necessarily need to. Is it likely I’ll be able to ride most of the rides multiple times?

Thanks!

Since they don't have many rides at DHS, you should have no trouble getting them all in. We are considering doing the after hours rather than a full day there, and would use the pre-party time to just wander, shop, grab a quick service meal, maybe knock out a ride or two that has a minimal wait. You could also go see Fantasmic, but we probably won't.

Since they don't have many rides at DHS, you should have no trouble getting them all in. We are considering doing the after hours rather than a full day there, and would use the pre-party time to just wander, shop, grab a quick service meal, maybe knock out a ride or two that has a minimal wait. You could also go see Fantasmic, but we probably won't.
Thanks!

If I do AH at HS, I’d also give up my day there and use that day to do MK/Epcot/ again.

I’ve never seen Fantasmic - could be fun if I’m there at the time.

Your plan sounds like a good one!

Do the after hours events impact crowd levels at that park during the day? (or increased crowds at the other parks since they're going to that park in the evening?)

Do the after hours events impact crowd levels at that park during the day? (or increased crowds at the other parks since they're going to that park in the evening?)
After Hour parties don’t tend to affect daytime crowds too much in either a negative or positive way. They do make the park busier at 7PM when party guests are allowed to enter the park.

Does anyone know if the boats or monorail still run from MK to the resorts during/after the after hours events. We are going to MK after hours next week and staying at the Grand Floridian. We were planning to just walk back after, but I guess the walking path will be closed during our stay.

Does anyone know if the boats or monorail still run from MK to the resorts during/after the after hours events. We are going to MK after hours next week and staying at the Grand Floridian. We were planning to just walk back after, but I guess the walking path will be closed during our stay.
Typically there's nothing but buses running in terms of transportation on AH events. I attended a Villains one pre-covid the first year they had it and recall monorail resort guests being directed to buses (I was at POFQ that trip and just took a rideshare).

Have attended various AH events, and the most recent were HS AH on 2/15 and MK on 2/16.
With both events, we were at different parks earlier in the day, and arrived right around 7ish. We also ate, watched some of the night shows, and shopped for a bit, before the start time of each actual event. I wanted to mention it because we could've accomplished even more rides.

2/15 Hollywood Studios starting at 9pm
- MMRRW x 1
- Rise of the Resistance x 3
(bathroom break and brief stop at Batuu market)
- Alien Swirling Saucers x 1
- SDD x 2
(ice cream and water)
- ToT x 2

Total 9 rides. We had a great time! Both Tower and Rise were down at first, so we were thrilled with how things worked out.

2/16 Magic Kingdom starting at 8:30:
-7DMT x 1
- Buzz Light-year x 1
- Space Mountain x 2
(furious panic walk back to Town Square lost and found to find missing driver's license. Driver's license retrieved!!!)
- Winnie the Pooh x 1
- Peter Pan x 1
- 7DMT x 2
(ice cream and water)
- Haunted Mansion x 1
- Magic Capets x 1
- PotC x 1
- BTMRR x 2
- Haunted Mansion x 2

Total 15 rides. Another great night minus the driver's licence fiasco.

We’re going to DHS AH on Wednesday, March 8th. I think I saw a mention somewhere that some dining establishments are open during the event, including Olga’s? Does anyone know if that is in fact true, and which places are actually open?
Oga’s and Savi’s were open and taking walk-ins during the first party in Jan. I believe Droid Depot was as well, but I’m not certain about that one. We didn’t do Oga’s during our AH - that first one in Jan, but I’ve seen posts from people on various nights saying they had no wait to saying there was a 15 minute wait.

Oga’s and Savi’s were open and taking walk-ins during the first party in Jan. I believe Droid Depot was as well, but I’m not certain about that one. We didn’t do Oga’s during our AH - that first one in Jan, but I’ve seen posts from people on various nights saying they had no wait to saying there was a 15 minute wait.
Great info, thanks. We’ve never even tried for Oga’s reservations so looking forward to stopping in if time allows!

Is anyone at the after hours at Hollywood Studios now? We have been in the Rise line for 20 minutes and barely moved. Was wondering if someone further up the line than me knew whether it was down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter