After Upgrade, These Things Are Not Working

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
Smilies
Preview
Some non-DIS boards web links
Referencing a user name hasn't been working for a while, if you want it to autocomplete or show a list. However, it has and still is working if you spell out the full name correctly with and "@" at the beginning. The latter is fine when preview works. Not so much if you can't preview.

Thanks

Great minds! I came here to report the emogi fail as well! I haven't posted much since the upgrade but sure do miss the features.

Please write to:
corey@disneyinfo.com, admin@wdwinfo.com

Hopefully, they'll get these going again.
I'm confused why DIS users need to email from their personal accounts in order to convey this information. Surely Corey and anyone else involved is aware already from all the feedback that has been provided here? I, for one, really miss the emojis and if that function has been purposely removed, just tell us so.

I'm confused why DIS users need to email from their personal accounts in order to convey this information. Surely Corey and anyone else involved is aware already from all the feedback that has been provided here? I, for one, really miss the emojis and if that function has been purposely removed, just tell us so.
Just trying to help here. If you're uncomfortable with sending an email, then please don't. My message is for the posters that don't mind sending an email directly. We've already told the admins about the issues, and I don't want people here to think that they are being ignored.

Webmaster Kathy had a thread where she was collecting issues and forwarding them to the administrators. I mistakenly deleted the thread. My apologies for that - my mistake.

Just trying to help here. If you're uncomfortable with sending an email, then please don't. My message is for the posters that don't mind sending an email directly. We've already told the admins about the issues, and I don't want people here to think that they are being ignored.

Webmaster Kathy had a thread where she was collecting issues and forwarding them to the administrators. I mistakenly deleted the thread. My apologies for that - my mistake.
Thanks.

It seems like some people are able to post emojis but still not working for me.

It seems like some people are able to post emojis but still not working for me.
If you use the old style using colons/semicolons, the boards will convert it. If you are using a phone, you can use the emojis from the keyboard. The "Smilies" link at the top of the response box still doesn't work, at least on a computer.

It's highly unlikely the smilies (or any other of the nonfunctioning items) will come back short of changing the DIS once again. The BB code button has been disabled for years and no amount of complaints resolved anything.
I could and hope I'm wrong, but judging from past experience... the ability to select emojis may be gone for a long time and possibly forever.

omg. I don't usually use the smilies but you need them here. Mine are still not working.

omg. I don't usually use the smilies but you need them here. Mine are still not working.
Correct. In this medium, you need them.
There's a huge difference between "I hate you. ;)" and "I hate you. :(" and "I hate you. 😠" or even just "I hate you."

And the only reason I have emojis here is because I have those bbcodes memorized.

Previews are still broken.

EDIT: Maybe not. I think they just work differently than before. Nevermind.

The fix for the emoji's may have helped. If you have specific issues still broken please post them here
Thanks.
BBcode editor was broken but seems to be fixed now too. Thank you very much!

Spoiler was not working but also works now. Thanks again!

Profile banner does not seem to be working.
Mine says "Brace yourself for immediate disintegration" and can't see a way to change it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter