AHHH!!! Not ANOTHER EMH morning. A July/August 2013 TR told by a teen! Updated 10/28

MagicalMerida

Mouseketeer
AHHH!!! Not another EMH morning!!! A July/August TR told by a teenager!
Hi Disboards!!!
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel and Ive just returned from the most magical trip ever!!! Just to warn you, we did alot of early mornings on this trip, we were struggling to move by the end, therefore, the trip report name was created! Im a teenager, a teenager who loves Disney. This is my first EVER trip report and I hope you like it!

Me!!! Okay, so I have been reading all your fantastic trip reports for AGES and they've inspired me so much that I just HAD to write my own. If you want to see more pictures from my trip then you can follow me on instagram- rachelrapunzel737 also, you can follow me on twitter- @rachelrapunzel So I thought you'd all like to know a bit more about me. So Ill tell you about my favourite things about Disney.
Favourite Park- Magic Kingdom
Favourite Attractions- Splash Mountain, Soarin, Journey of the Little Mermaid, The Haunted Mansion and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
Shows- Wishes, Fantasmic and Celebrate the Magic
Favourite Resort- Beach Club
Favourite Movies- Tangled, The Little Mermaid, Wreck it Ralph, Pinnochio, Pocahontas and Winnie The Pooh
Favourite Characters- Rapunzel, Eugene, Ariel, Eric, Pooh, Merida, Vanellope, Mike Wazowski and Piglet
Favourite Disney songs- Under the sea, Be Our Guest, When will my life begin, See the Light
Favourite land in the Magic Kingdom- Main Street, Fantasyland

Yeah so thats me!!! Now let me introduce the rest of my family.
My twin sisters Emma and Katie-

My sisters are three years younger than me and are very awesome. Its good having twin sisters as they just annoy each other and dont bother annoying me! Just kidding theyre really cool and they both love Disney. Emma wasnt very well on this trip so she didnt go on many rides but Katie was my ride buddy as she likes them. Ill tell you some of their favourites too.
Favourite Park- Emma: Magic Kingdom, Katie: Magic Kingdom
Favourite Attractions- Emma: Journey of the Little Mermaid, Katie: Rock n Rollercoaster
Favourite Resort- Both: Art of Animation (even though theyve never stayed there)
Favourite Movie- Emma: The Little Mermaid, Katie: Beauty and the Beast.
Favourite Character- Emma: Ariel, Katie: Belle

Mum and Dad:

Id like to say a big thank you to my amazing parents for taking us on this fantastic Disney trip. I will never forget the memories I made. Now for a bit about them.
Favourite park- Mum: Magic Kingdom, Dad: Epcot and Magic Kingdom.
Favourite attraction- Both: Soarin
Favourite resort- Mum: Beach Club, Dad: Polynesian (even though weve never stayed there)
Favourite film- Mum: Toy Story 3, Dad: The Rescuers
Favourite character- Mum: Woody, Dad: Pluto
So thats us!

Our trip lasted two weeks; we were in Florida July 20th through August 3rd. We stayed at the Dolphin for the majority of the time, but for one night we stayed at Loews Royal Pacific when we went to Universal. But dont worry, the trip is about 80% Disney, 10% Universal and 10% Seaworld. Were from Britain so we like to go to all the attractions while were there.
I hope you enjoy reading this trip report.

Contents:

Real life updates:
WE'RE GOING BACK!!!

Introductions:

Hi Disboards!
Stress and Strategies

Day 1:
Travelling to Disney
Father daughter adventures on the Boardwalk

Day 2:
Walking to DHS for no reason and Cape May Cafe breakfast
Greeting Goofy and Walmart shopping
First park of the trip!
All our Wishes will come true!
A perfect way to end a perfect evening!

Highlights of the day!

Day 3:
Animal Kingdom!
Safaris, yetis and pizza
DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE!
Highlights of the day!

Day 4:
THE DARK SIDE!!!!
more THE DARK SIDE!
Back to check out the resort
Highlights of the day

Day 5:
At least there wasn't slugs in it!
The wand chooses the wizard
More Harry Potter fun!
THE HULK!!!
Just keep swimming

Day 6
A stressful morning in the magic
The One Where Katie orders something noones ordered before
Cruisin through the jungle
Have a Philarmagical day!
Celebrating a dream come true for the last time
Meeting the princesses
AND AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT!!!
The castle photoshoot

Day 7
The great race
Around the world in 3 hours, character edition

Day 8
The twilight zone!!!
Scarers in training

Stress and strategies
We booked our trip in May 2012 and we knew we wanted to stay at the Dolphin after thoroughly enjoying our stay last time. It also isnt as expensive as Disney owned resorts but still includes most of the perks of being onsite. Plus you can sleep five in a room. We were debating whether to go in April or July but the flights for the dates we could have gone in April were all booked up. We had to go in July and Im so glad we did.

After we booked that we had a few months where we didnt have to do much. Then it was ADR day. We didnt make many ADRs as we were not on the Dining Plan and we like the flexibility of counter service. So we made three.
Cape May Café breakfast
The Crystal Palace breakfast
Be Our Guest dinner
And then we made reservations for the dessert party as soon as they opened.
Once we got that out of the way, I started figuring out strategies and making touring plans (which we didnt usually stick to) I downloaded the My Disney Experience app which was so useful for finding wait times and characters. The trip wouldnt have been half as good without that.
Then in May my Mom was ill and she couldnt drive and she never got fully better. So she couldnt go on many rides at Disney. Then a week before Emma was ill. Something wrong with her ear I think. It wasnt looking so good and we were getting worried. But we didnt need to be as the trip was perfect.
So Dad, Katie and I were the fast team who went to all the parks at opening and stayed later. Emma and Mum formed the slow team who came later and left earlier. But those teams changed around a bit throughout the trip.
So thats about it. Sorry there werent many pictures, there will be more in the rest of the Trip report, trust me we took far too many.
Next post will be travelling to Disney!!!

Day 1- Travelling to Disney​

Day 1- Travelling to Disney
After over a year of planning and excitement, I couldn’t believe the day was finally here. 4 am is only easy on a Disney day. I got ready quietly as Katie and I were the only ones who were up. I had to paint Katie’s nails as we hadn’t had time the night before. We went down and grabbed something to eat. Before long the others came down and after packing the car, we were on the road. DISNEYBOUND!!!!

I was so excited, I couldn’t sit still!
When we were 20 minutes away from the airport, I reminded my dad that we needed to call the Meet and Greet company to come and collect our car. That way we didn’t need to waste time trying to find a parking space, we could just get out right by the entrance.
Once we’d checked our bags in and gone through security, we looked around the shops for a bit. This guy in boots saw my Minnie Mouse ears and said “hi bunny”. Seriously, how do Minnie ears look like bunny ears?
We had our proper breakfast as we were so hungry, but I can’t remember what the name of the café was. Anyway, I got a toasted teacake. It was nice as far as airport food goes. You can also see my Mum’s croissant in the background. She enjoyed that very much too.

It was time to go to our gate. We saw the plane out of the window.

We sat in a row of four- Mum, Emma, Katie and I and Dad sat behind me. The inflight entertainment was great, there was so much to choose from, and there was something for everyone. I watched Twilight, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Big Bang Theory and Wreck It Ralph at the end to get me in the Disney mood.
I’m intolerant to carrot so I couldn’t really eat much, I just had a few bread rolls. But the dessert was really nice. Lemon cheesecake, I had Katie’s too. The staff were really nice and the service was efficient too.
Then we started coming in to land!!!! Seriously I was probably the most excited person on the plane. We had heard scary stories about customs in Orlando, as well as experiencing a 3 hour line last time. Well we only waited about 5 minutes. We were thrilled.
We saw this beauty.

And this one

From there, we collected our hire car. It looked like this.

We then got on the road. I love all the advertisements by the road. It really gets me excited for going under the sign.
We then saw, the most beautiful sight in the world

My face while we were going under.

I couldn’t cope with the excitement!
WE WERE HOME!!!!
Eventually we arrived here.

While Dad checked in I went to get some pictures of the Dolphin’s beautiful lobby. The Dolphin lobby smells amazing!!!

Then we went up to our room…
We had to walk down a really long corridor, but the room was…
Awesome!!!! It was a decent size, the bathroom was lovely, the view was nice and there were three big mirrors!

We had an awesome view of the Boardwalk and WE COULD SEE THE ILLUMINATIONS!!!

It was a lot prettier at night.
We were all tired so we just laid down for a bit.
Up next- Picabu pizza and Father daughter adventures on the Boardwalk.

Day 1- Father Daughter Adventures on the Boardwalk
Dad, Emma and I went down to picabu to grab a pizza for us to share. Best move ever. The pizza there is really good, im so glad we had it.

We had ham and cheese and it was so nice, I loved it.

While we were eating we decided it was time to be reunited with.... STACEY!!! She’s amazing, you gotta admit. ;)

Then, because we weren’t tired, Dad and I went to the Boardwalk for a bit just to soak up the Disney atmosphere.
We grabbed a coke and a root beer from Seashore Sweets and just had a nice walk. It was so relaxing and I really enjoyed it.

We then went around by the International gateway, we didn’t go in, we just watched the people, we then went and sat on the beach by the Beach Club for a bit.

Before long it was nearly time for the Illuminations to start so we walked back around to the bridge by the Dolphin so we could see some of the fireworks.

We then went back to the room and went to sleep.

Our day:
Best part- Getting to Disney and going for an evening stroll on the Boardwalk.
Worst part- Bad food on the plane (but what do you expect?)
Food of the day- pizza
Ride of the day- Fakerail at the airport.
Next- Walking to Hollywood Studios for no reason and breakfast at Cape May Café.

:thumbsup2 Doing great! I am subscribed and ready for more! popcorn:: You are so beautiful and your little sisters are adorable!

I made it! Starting reading now!!

Nice intro! Love the pic of your parents with Pooh! Super cute!

Oh my gosh I would HATE to have to clear customs in Florida, like, just let me be in Disney already! So glad we clear before take off!

I’ve gotten ridiculously lost in the Dolphin, and that’s about it haha. It’s nice to see the inside of it, pretty! That view is great! I love the Boardwalk area at night, so pretty!

Looks like a nice night to start off in Disney, excited to read more!

I made it! Starting reading now!!

Nice intro! Love the pic of your parents with Pooh! Super cute!

Oh my gosh I would HATE to have to clear customs in Florida, like, just let me be in Disney already! So glad we clear before take off!

I’ve gotten ridiculously lost in the Dolphin, and that’s about it haha. It’s nice to see the inside of it, pretty! That view is great! I love the Boardwalk area at night, so pretty!

Looks like a nice night to start off in Disney, excited to read more!

Thanks! I love that picture too! Wow, you're so lucky. Thats what im usually like. Last time i was in line for about 3 hours and i was just like- i need to get to Disney like now!!!!!! So glad the line wasn't that bad this time.

Yeah, i know what you mean, the Dolphin is lovely. I know some people think it's ugly but i like it and on the inside it's really nice! Hope you enjoy! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter