Ahsoka

Leia,

One big difference, she knew what she was doing, and understood George’s vision. She was in essence and extension of his creative mind and brilliant herself.

George was really smart to listen to her. Favreau was forced to do what KK said, not at all the same. Especially since KK has no idea what she is doing, point and case Indy 5 (her pet project) losing her company $400+ million dollars.

I am pretty much fine with how soon Mando and Grogu reunited, I jsut wish it had happened in the series proper, not a seperate series. That's my only issue though.
I also had no problem I really just considered Boba another season in the Mandalorian. It was fun seeing R2D2 bring him back. And lets be honest... like Grogu was ever going away lol. Pedro/Din is wonderful... but it is the combo of bad daddy and space baby that people are sucking up so bad. Have you seen the craziness over the meet and greets in the parks? I know I was there fangirling up a storm at a fake Din and robot Grogu.

I also had no problem I really just considered Boba another season in the Mandalorian. It was fun seeing R2D2 bring him back. And lets be honest... like Grogu was ever going away lol. Pedro/Din is wonderful... but it is the combo of bad daddy and space baby that people are sucking up so bad. Have you seen the craziness over the meet and greets in the parks? I know I was there fangirling up a storm at a fake Din and robot Grogu.

Really, it's more that it derailed Boba's story. It all works for me as I watch all of it and consider it one big story anyway, but it definitely makes things a little messy from a story perspective.

That maybe you are a pixie duster? Just a guess of course.

Or, you know, I actually enjoy it? If I didn't I would say so. I definitely criticise Disney on certain things I don't love everything they have ever put out. They still make Marvel Comics after all! There are other things too. For me though, the Star Wars stuff has never disappointed.

So I saw an interesting theory.... Marrok being a Nightsister zombie. I think Morgan has some skills, and I think she is way more of strong witch than it appears... no coincidence she shares a name with Morgan le Fey

I definitely think that is the case. For all the speculation about who he was, I think he isn't anyone in particular. Nice way to throw us off the trail though.

Ohhh I’m definitely interested in learning more about Morgan’s connection to Thrawn and whether that relationship mirrors the Arthurian legends because that’s such a good spot!

I’m really loving Baylan and Shin though. Baylan’s just so mysterious and I’m so curious about his backstory with the order and I just feel like Ray’s brought such a strong gravitas to the character and I can’t help but sit up and pay attention every time that he’s on screen. As I said before, I’m just so sad that he’s never going to see the positive fan reaction to Baylan because you could tell at Star Wars celebration this year that he was so excited to be there and be a part of live action SW as well as animated SW. And Shin? Well, I just love how feral she seems to be and I might have a big lil crush on her as well hahaha :love:

Ohhh I’m definitely interested in learning more about Morgan’s connection to Thrawn and whether that relationship mirrors the Arthurian legends because that’s such a good spot!

I’m really loving Baylan and Shin though. Baylan’s just so mysterious and I’m so curious about his backstory with the order and I just feel like Ray’s brought such a strong gravitas to the character and I can’t help but sit up and pay attention every time that he’s on screen. As I said before, I’m just so sad that he’s never going to see the positive fan reaction to Baylan because you could tell at Star Wars celebration this year that he was so excited to be there and be a part of live action SW as well as animated SW. And Shin? Well, I just love how feral she seems to be and I might have a big lil crush on her as well hahaha :love:
I love all three of these antagonists right now. So good, Ray has such dignity in his role as Baylon. Ivanna Sakno is so fun as Shin... and Diana Lee Inosanto is excellent as Morgan

He is very cool. I love his high stance with the lightsaber - very regal. Shin is interesting - she's definitely darker than Baylan. He has a lot of honor about what they are doing - Shin not so much.

He is very cool. I love his high stance with the lightsaber - very regal. Shin is interesting - she's definitely darker than Baylan. He has a lot of honor about what they are doing - Shin not so much.
she enjoys it... killing , hunting down an opponent

Last edited:
Hard agree with this! When I watching the last episode I was thinking to myself how much Baylan’s fighting style is like he’s a Knight and he’s holding his saber like a sword. We know he’s a former Jedi Knight so that makes sense, I guess that his skills would be more refined but regal is the perfect word to describe his fighting style.

I just loved all the old trilogy vibes I got with the lightsaber battle, like the extended scenes with nothing but the lightsaber noises. Sounded very much like ESB when Vader and Luke first meet., or Vader and Obi Wan in SW. And then the whole delivery from Baylan, just wonderful acting. I love when he holds out his hand to Sabine, and says 'it's the only way. ' so reminiscent of Vader in ESB.
I am not quite enjoying Shin as much, but it's still good and do appreciate her role.
Hope we'll get more explanation of just exactly what happened with Sabine, and the loss of her family. Was surprised by that revelation, but it makes sense, and I've been wondering about clan Wren since the end of Mando. seems like it will be extra tragic story.

I kinda forgot about the Filoni movie. Maybe all of this will lead to that, and we won't really see Ezra in this series? or maybe just at the end?

Last edited:
I just loved all the old trilogy vibes I got with the lightsaber battle, like the extended scenes with nothing but the lightsaber noises. Sounded very much like ESB when Vader and Luke first meet., or Vader and Obi Wan in SW. And then the whole delivery from Baylan, just wonderful acting. I love when he holds out his hand to Sabine, and says 'it's the only way. ' so reminiscent of Vader in ESB.
I am not quite enjoying Shin as much, but it's still good and do appreciate her role.
Hope we'll get more explanation of just exactly what happened with Sabine, and the loss of her family. Was surprised by that revelation, but it makes sense, and I've been wondering about clan Wren since the end of Mando. seems like it will be extra tragic story.

I kinda forgot about the Filoni movie. Maybe all of this will lead to that, and we won't really see Ezra in this series? or maybe just at the end?
I expect we will see Sabine return to Mandalore... either in an upcoming season of Mando or perhaps in an Ahsoka season 2 or the as of yet movie. I think when you look at the connection she (and Ahsoka) has with BoKatan and the Dark Saber, it would be odd not to have her return and play a role in reclaiming Mandalore if she can.

Kinda have a bad feeling about Ahsoka making it out of this series.

On a different note, I liked the hint of Jacen being force sensitive at the end of the ep4.... He looked physically ill almost at the end and mentioned his 'feeling'... I wonder how much this will explored as well

Last edited:
Sigh...

Why is it too much to ask to be able to just talk and be happy about a stinkin show without out folks being all negative and taking silly shots at folks who just like
You are asking me to do something that you appear to be unwilling to do yourself. When I say I don’t like something in current Star Wars or even just something you perceive to be negative, you take “silly shots” at me for just not liking something. So “silly shots” are acceptable when someone doesn’t like Disney content, but unacceptable when you do like Disney content?

The fact of the matter is Star Wars is a damaged brand currently, and Disney’s decisions are what damaged it. Disney damaged the single biggest movie IP in cinematic history, so I personally believe that warrants criticism. I do hold out hope that someone that knows what they are doing, will eventually get to run lucasfilm.

Back to the discussion:

I finished Andor and I think it was good, not incredible like OT incredible, but good. Visually it was solid, the story did drag in a few spots I thought. I would give it about a 6.5-7 out of 10 overall.

I hope to start Ahsoka later this weekend.

We have established that I am not you, and that I do not do not think like you do.

Sorry this is so foreign to you, but I have a demanding job 12+ hours a day……and I try to be a decent husband and a decent father. My kids play multiple sports and their games are a priority for me. One does theatre also. When I say I don’t have hours to plop down in front of a TV, I am not stretching the truth.

I don’t fit into any box you are attempting to place me in. I like what I like, and you like pretty much everything Disney makes.

You are asking me to do something that you appear to be unwilling to do yourself. When I say I don’t like something in current Star Wars or even just something you perceive to be negative, you take “silly shots” at me for just not liking something. So “silly shots” are acceptable when someone doesn’t like Disney content, but unacceptable when you do like Disney content?

The fact of the matter is Star Wars is a damaged brand currently, and Disney’s decisions are what damaged it. Disney damaged the single biggest movie IP in cinematic history, so I personally believe that warrants criticism. I do hold out hope that someone that knows what they are doing, will eventually get to run lucasfilm.
I thought I was asking you genuine questions (like have watched you the specific show we are discussing, are you typing and driving, why do you like a show's plot or storylines spoiled before) I have not insulted you to my recollection, and if you feel that I have been "taking shots" at you, then I am genuinely sorry.

It is no secret on this thread or any of the other threads about Star Wars that you have been disillusioned with Star Wars after George on the whole.

But it is frustrating when (and I feel like I have been saying since page 1 of this thread) when you have a thread opened about a specific show ... Ahsoka (that you have not watched) where most everyone wants to discuss the actual show.... while you mainly just want to express how disillusioned you are with the current Star Wars franchise or if you are talking about Ahsoka it has been to talk about how the reviews say it sucks or that numbers indicate no one is watching.

I try to be a positive person, and like you pointed out earlier I dont think like you. But no, I do not automatically love everything Disney, I just don't feel the need to crap on stuff that other people are enjoying.

I am glad you enjoyed (to some extent) Andor, and I hope you enjoy Ahsoka.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I am missing here, but so far I'm not enjoying any of this series. Full disclosure, I didn't bother watching any of the cartoon shows because they looked so childish, so I have zero idea who any of these characters are. I figured I'd give it a shot on it's own merit, and after three episodes, it just didn't hook me. Overall, I'm finding that pacing to be terribly slow and plodding. I fully intended to keep my fingers off the 10-second skip button, but in the end I just couldn't do it. The Indiana Jones bit where the lead character had to go in and retrieve the rock? Slow, slow, slow. I get that they were trying to build suspense around it, but that whole sequence could have just been cut from the show. Pull it out of your pocket when the time comes and simply say, "I was able to retrieve this at..." No one's going to wonder about the deep mystery behind how you got it. Truthfully, I've found this to be the case with every one of the episodes so far (I didn't try four yet, so we'll see). One episode (the second one, maybe?) had two women sitting in a cockpit for far too many 10-second skips. The general sense I'm getting is that the writers didn't bother to fully flush out this story before releasing it, and therefore simply don't have enough material for a season of full episodes. Sequences are deliberately stretched out to fill time which is truly harming the pacing of this show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter