Air Canada flight updates?

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
How far ahead has Air Canada been updating their flight schedules and canceling excess flights?

I know Westjet updated their schedule in early September to cover up to mid-December, but I’m unfamiliar enough with AC that I have no idea if/when they do a major update.

Thanks!

I was booked for November. They just cancelled my flight on Tuesday.

Is that the early morning direct flight? We've got ours on Dec. 1 and fingers crossed it stays but I see that there is no longer an 8:30 flight in November.

Last edited:

Early morning direct flight. It had been scheduled for 8am.

Yup that is the one. So did they change you to 11 am?

We originally were with West Jet and they completely cancelled the Wednesday flights.

The other change with AirCanada is that they have been replacing mainline service out of Toronto, which had been surprisingly scheduled to be on widebody planes (Dreamliners) to Rouge for October. November flights still showing on mainline using Dreamliners (787-9)

Flying in November. Our 3:35pm departure from LAX to Toronto was cancelled and they rebooked us on the 12:10pm. It didn't really work for us as we didn't want to face rush hour traffic getting to LAX to be there for 3hrs ahead so we changed to fly out of SNA instead. Connecting through Vancouver to Toronto.

We were booked end of November direct from Halifax to Orlando and the flight was cancelled and switched to a flight with a layover in Toronto. Received another schedule change today changing the flight times and the plane from Toronto was supposed to be a larger plane and it was switched to a Rouge flight.

Air Canada must be expecting travel to pick up. In November, there are now 3 direct flights to Orlando from Toronto. Last week, there were two.

Air Canada must be expecting travel to pick up. In November, there are now 3 direct flights to Orlando from Toronto. Last week, there were two.
I think this has more to do with the fact that they were originally flying mainline 787-9 Dreamliners which can sit close to 300 passengers to Air Canada Rouge A319/320 which sits roughly half the number of people.

I booked my return flight from Toronto to MCO (Nov 3rd) a little over a week ago. Two days later, they changed the flight from 11:00 am departure to 9:00, which actually works better for me. Return also bumped from 8:00 am to 7:40, no big deal. Just hoping that's it for the changes.🙂

I think this has more to do with the fact that they were originally flying mainline 787-9 Dreamliners which can sit close to 300 passengers to Air Canada Rouge A319/320 which sits roughly half the number of people.

Yup, My November flights have been switched to Rouge. Not thrilled about it, Rouge seats are awful.

I booked my return flight from Toronto to MCO (Nov 3rd) a little over a week ago. Two days later, they changed the flight from 11:00 am departure to 9:00, which actually works better for me. Return also bumped from 8:00 am to 7:40, no big deal. Just hoping that's it for the changes.🙂
I had the same thing happen to my flight leaving on the 5th. I prefer the 9am departure, so I'm hoping they don't change it again. Our return is an hour later, which I'm also happy with.

This is getting frustrating. We have AC flights booked to travel to Grand Cayman in November, and the government there has announced they’re extending the quarantine mandate until at least December or January, instead of dropping it in mid-October as planned. WestJet, American and United (not sure about Delta and Southwest) have all cancelled all of their flights into Cayman until mid-December, but no updates from AC yet, even though the flights we‘re on are 2/3 empty. I wish they’d just get their act together and cancel, so that we can move on with other plans.

Just had my outbound flight from Toronto changed again; now it's a 9:30 a.m. departure, instead of 9. Not a big deal. Just hope that's the end of it. 🙂

Just had my outbound flight from Toronto changed again; now it's a 9:30 a.m. departure, instead of 9. Not a big deal. Just hope that's the end of it. 🙂
We got the same change. I had to stop everything when I saw the email from air canada. I was expecting the worst.

Same thing. This is now the third time my departing flight has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter